Windows 10: Windows 10 Update damage to hard drive

Discus and support Windows 10 Update damage to hard drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a Windows 10 laptop. During a security update my hard drive got wiped out so completely that my computer keeps telling me to.reinstall Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by charlesbullock ii, Jun 16, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Update damage to hard drive

I have a Windows 10 laptop. During a security update my hard drive got wiped out so completely that my computer keeps telling me to.reinstall Windows 10. The recovery copy i made on to my external hard drive won't even recover it! I don't know what to do? HELP!!!!!

:)

charlesbullock ii, Jun 16, 2020
  2. Geethu B Win User

Portable hard drive and windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have an issue with connecting
    portable hard drive in Windows 10.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

To understand the issue better, I would need more information from your end.

• Is the hard drive getting detected on the computer?

• Do you face any issue while using other USB devices?
    This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

1. Missing Windows Update.

2. USB port is damaged.

3. Damaged hardware.

Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

I suggest you to run hardware troubleshooter and check if it helps.

a) Press Windows Key.

b) Type Troubleshooting in the search box and hit
    Enter.

c) Click on Hardware and sound.

d) Click on Hardware and device and follow the on-screen instructions.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to install all the available Windows Updates and also latest chipset driver from the computer manufacturer website. You may also try connecting the hard drive to a different USB port.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Jun 16, 2020
  3. little cat, Jun 16, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Update damage to hard drive

Windows 10 1909 Causes Secondary Hard Drive to not be Recognized

Installing the Windows 10 1909 Update causes my secondary hard drive to not be recognized.

Steps to confirm issue:

• Secondary drive not visible in Windows Explorer
    • Secondary drive not visible in device manager
    • Secondary drive not visible in disk manager

Steps to replicate issue:

• Installing 1909 update

Steps to resolve issue:

• Uninstall 1909 update

Since updates can only be delayed for so long, an actual fix would be appreciated.

Teknophile, Jun 16, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Update damage to hard drive

1. Windows 10 Update damage to hard drive - Similar Threads - Update damage hard

2. getting windows after hard drive getting damaged

in Windows 10 Gaming
    getting windows after hard drive getting damaged: My hard drive ran into problem and I couldn't get a backup also. So I don't know how I can install a new windows after installing a new hard drive. How can I contact Microsoft and How can I prove to them that I already have a windows license?...
  3. getting windows after hard drive getting damaged

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    getting windows after hard drive getting damaged: My hard drive ran into problem and I couldn't get a backup also. So I don't know how I can install a new windows after installing a new hard drive. How can I contact Microsoft and How can I prove to them that I already have a windows license?...
  4. Hard Drive Corrupt or Damaged + Locked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard Drive Corrupt or Damaged + Locked: Summary: my previous Windows 11 drive ADATA SSD "crashed". I was not able to restore or recover Windows on that drive. I bought a new drive Samsung SSD and installed Windows on it. I want to access my Documents on ADATA SSD. But the drive is locked.It seems that the drive is...
  5. Hard Drive Corrupt or Damaged + Locked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hard Drive Corrupt or Damaged + Locked: Summary: my previous Windows 11 drive ADATA SSD "crashed". I was not able to restore or recover Windows on that drive. I bought a new drive Samsung SSD and installed Windows on it. I want to access my Documents on ADATA SSD. But the drive is locked.It seems that the drive is...
  6. Hard drive damaged

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hard drive damaged: I'm not able to partition my disk inspite of repeated trials. Is it possible my HDD is damaged? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hard-drive-damaged/489371b3-6aec-4830-9211-a9b21bf4c79c
  7. Is my hard drive damaged?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is my hard drive damaged?: [ATTACH] So I have several related questions on my profile and if you don't have an answer to this question the other questions will certainly help you to understand. So it is best to have a look. Now to the question should my hard disk really be damaged what else can I...
  8. Is my internal hard drive damaged?

Is my internal hard drive damaged?: I have a 1tb internal hard drive from an old laptop that i have not used. But might have stored very little if any. I put it in an enclosure and connected it via usb to my chromebook. When i did this, i noticed it showed the files etc. But because im not that familiar with...
  9. Software to repair damaged spinning hard drive

Software to repair damaged spinning hard drive: I had an old XP machine that I ran my email server on. A few days ago it started to give me BSODs and after a few reboots refused to boot any longer. I purchased a new desktop that came with Windows 10 Pro. I then removed the hard drive from the old XP machine and attached...
  10. When replacing a damaged external hard drive

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    When replacing a damaged external hard drive: Damaged my external hard drive that I use to make backups of my File History. When connecting a new drive will it capture all the files or just where I left off when using my old drive? Using Windows 10 anniversary. Thanks 67002