Windows 10: Windows 10 Update Database Corrupted, Windows 10 Update Database Error (edited)

Discus and support Windows 10 Update Database Corrupted, Windows 10 Update Database Error (edited) in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I need help. I first noticed issues when my computer grinded to a halt one night and so I pressed restart. My laptop was stuck on the screen that read... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by YoBuiltAushwitz, Jul 10, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Update Database Corrupted, Windows 10 Update Database Error (edited)

I need help.

I first noticed issues when my computer grinded to a halt one night and so I pressed restart. My laptop was stuck on the screen that read ”Getting Windows ready. Don’t turn off your computer” So I took out the battery, put it back in and turned the power on.

My laptop starts back up and checking the task manager, the disk usage occasionally but frequently spikes to 100% and sometimes stays there. I try running an antivirus scan and nothing unusual shows. The task manager shows that the programs using the most amount of the disk are, infrequently, System, Windows Modules Installer Worker, and the subsequent Windows Update. It seems that it’s because of an error with the latest update that I can’t seem to download. error code when attempting to install/download update is 0x80073712

After troubleshooting the Windows Update receiving a “Windows Update Database is Corrupted” and or "Windows Update Database Error" and so after attempting to ”apply fix” the issue still pertains. I’ve tried using the sfc scan, disabling and or turning to manual certain services that suggested to do so in forums similar to my dilemma. I troubleshoot one last time and the troubleshooter says to “restart to (i dont remember what it says here) and try to install the update”. and so i do and nothing changes.

This is now at least the fifth time I've troubleshooted the Windows Update and "applied fix" but each time I go back to the troubleshooter, the problem remains.

TLDR: Windows Update Database is corrupted and isn't being fixed by the troubleshooter, can't update to the latest version (July 5th update I presume) of Windows 10

:)

YoBuiltAushwitz, Jul 10, 2019
  2. David Haz Win User

Windows Update Database Corruption

We appreciate the clarification that you have given about the steps given. Though the steps provided are more of a direct approach in resetting the Windows Update database. May we know if these steps have resolved the corruption in your Windows Update
    Database?

David Haz, Jul 10, 2019
  3. dalchina Win User
    dalchina, Jul 10, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Update Database Corrupted, Windows 10 Update Database Error (edited)

windows 10 update database corrupted

windows 10 update database corrupted according to troubleshooter in a new windows 10 upgrade

lmpalladino, Jul 10, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Update Database Corrupted, Windows 10 Update Database Error (edited)

1. Windows 10 Update Database Corrupted, Windows 10 Update Database Error (edited) - Similar Threads - Update Database Corrupted

2. Windows updated database error ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows updated database error ?: I am in need of some help, I cant update my windows to the latest version and My driver is outdated which i cant update until the newest version of W10. My computer has been dormant for a while , I done numerous updates and went to do the final update of w10 20h2 and it had...
  3. Windows update database corruption

Windows update database corruption: Hello, the most recent windows update 21H1 has released according to the update assistant. I tried installing it through the settings windows update page, where it says an update is available however this one is update 1808 I believe. Regardless it would download and install...
  4. Window Update Database errors

Window Update Database errors: I tried Window Update Tool via Microsoft website.. doesn't work I done Command Prompt with SFC and its come up with 100% its wont update cos of the database errors aaarrrggghhhh...
  5. Updating database error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Updating database error: I'd like to know why does it keep popping up that I need to fix database update error when I just got this CPU in May: It also had me doing update on certain social media apps on the daily. But yes, how do I update any database errors ( the simplest way please) on a Windows...
  6. Database Error - Windows Update

Database Error - Windows Update: Reported by Troubleshooter, need to know how to repair. Also: Unable to install KB4487017 Error Code 0X800f922. (note that 7017 not on service stack list) Not sure I want to install this update due to the number of reported problems with it, but cannot deal with constant...
  7. Windows Update Database Error

Windows Update Database Error: I have reinstalled my Windows 10, it shows Windows Update Database Error. Troubleshooting couldn't solve the issue please help [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-database-error/e14b6224-4b89-471c-9945-bc7ad37b18e0
  8. Database corrupt

Database corrupt: ran the trouble shooter for win10 update fixed all errors except for POSSIBLE DATABASE CORRUPTION.... how do i fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/database-corrupt/8570f70f-0242-4d36-96dd-281e75aa9e91
  9. updates not downloading, corrupt database

updates not downloading, corrupt database: tried over and over to fix corrupt, update database. troubleshooter fixes it and later it's not fixed. Troubleshooter say you have updates, but when checking for any updates , it says you are up to date. how can the database be fixed completely through the system or is there...
  10. Win 10 Update Database Corruption

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win 10 Update Database Corruption: When I run the Windows Update Troubleshooter it says the Windows Update Database is corrupted. How can I fix this? Advice would be appreciated. 101195