Windows 10: Windows 10 update degraded my display driver

Discus and support Windows 10 update degraded my display driver in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Thanks to the latest windows 10 "update" ( August 2018) switching my display driver to a generic one, my 13" screen on my 2-1 laptop, is even smaller... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Trog10Stackhouse, Sep 10, 2018.

1. Windows 10 update degraded my display driver

Thanks to the latest windows 10 "update" ( August 2018) switching my display driver to a generic one, my 13" screen on my 2-1 laptop, is even smaller now, with no way to revert it. I resent MS making these type of decisions for me, without consultation, or consent.

:)

Trog10Stackhouse, Sep 10, 2018
  2. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Sep 10, 2018
  3. Display driver not supporting and device manager not showing Display adapter option

Hi Maheen,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect settings.
    • Corrupt or outdated display driver.
    Try the steps listed here and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to download and install all the available Windows Updates including Optional Updates. Check if it helps.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, i suggest you to uninstall and re-install latest display driver from the computer manufacturer website and check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall display driver.

• Right-click on the Start Button and click on
      Device manager.
    • Double-click on Display Adapters to expand.
    • Right-click on the display adapter driver that is listed and select properties.
    • In the window opened, click on drivers tab.
    • In the drivers tab, Click on Uninstall option.
    Now restart your computer and check, if the problem persists try step 2.

Step 2:

Re-install display driver from the manufacturer website.

Let us know if the issue is resolved or if you need further assistance, we will be glad to help.

Akheel Ahmed, Sep 10, 2018
  4. Windows 10 update degraded my display driver

Upgraded to Windows 10 but graphics driver now needs to update

Hi Samantha,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to try updating the Display Adapter drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to update the Display driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    • Right-click on the Display Adapter listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.
    • Select the option to automatically search for the updated driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its updated and verify.
    Also try to access the computer manufacturer's website and download the latest display drivers for your computer and install the same.

If issue still persists, I suggest you to Uninstall and reinstall the Display driver and check if it works for you.
    Refer to the steps below:

Follow the steps to uninstall the Display driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    • Right-click on the Display Adapter listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Also try to access the computer manufacturer's website and download the latest display drivers for your computer and install the same.

Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Giridhar J, Sep 10, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 update degraded my display driver

1. Windows 10 update degraded my display driver - Similar Threads - update degraded display

2. Windows 10/11 Degradation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10/11 Degradation: Does anyone know why Dolphin/Slippi would be taking such a long time to open? I've also noticed that when dragging an application window, that my monitor doesn't look nearly as smooth as it should, with it being 240hz; dragging the application looks choppy/stuttering....
  3. Windows 10 VM degraded

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 VM degraded: Hi,I am running a Windows 10 Pro x64 [with a Windows Insider license]. My host gave me a BSOD at one point with the VM running.Since then I can log in but end up with a black screen. Ctrl-Alt-Del works but the task manager doesn't open.When I try any recovery option, it...
  4. Windows 10 Degraded Performance with 20H2 update.

Windows 10 Degraded Performance with 20H2 update.: Please Help! My windows 10 display looks blurry and its very slow now and the disk usage is always at 100% but just yesterday it was working fine with no issues. I just turned it on this morning and I don't know what to do anymore I've tried a reset but that doesn't work it...
  5. Degraded PC Performance - Windows 10

Degraded PC Performance - Windows 10: My Dell desktop PC w/ Windows 10 has runs slower and slower, until I have to reboot. The reboot is required at least once per day. This never used to be the case. It began happening about a month ago. I checked the memory w/ the Windows memory analyzer, which showed...
  6. Mp4's screen display degrading.

Mp4's screen display degrading.: Can someone explain why every media player I use does this?[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mp4s-screen-display-degrading/d5987565-6b52-4f88-b106-7d9f9d510942
  7. Windows 10 Internet Speed Degradation

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Internet Speed Degradation: One of the PCs on my home network is a Windows 10 Home on an HP laptop Intel Core i5 with 8GB of memory. I have an internet connection of 1Gbps up and down. I have noticed, when using Ookla Speedtest on the PC native app, not browser, that the Internet speed is GROSSLY less...
  8. Update display driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Update display driver: how to download and update display driver since my pc is showing that the display driver got failed.? Do help me with the entire process of working out with this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-display-driver/d47a61fd-2b82-43ff-8275-f455b47b4794
  9. Windows 10 Performance Degradation

Windows 10 Performance Degradation: Hi, My PC is now 5 years old and its performance has been gradually degrading over the last few months until it is almost unusable. I am trying to determine if this is just because of its age, whether it's a hardware problem, a problem with Windows, or with some third-party...
  10. WINDOWS 10 DISPLAY DRIVER UPDATE

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WINDOWS 10 DISPLAY DRIVER UPDATE: There are lines going across my screens. How do I update my display drivers? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-display-driver-update/b4b1170c-eac5-4275-a811-db215b4ed0aa

Users found this page by searching for:

1. degraded drivers

2. degraded laptop screen

3. dddriver in win 10 states degraded