Windows 10: Windows 10 Update deleted all folder in desktop

Discus and support Windows 10 Update deleted all folder in desktop in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So today 30/11/2020 to 01/12/2020 after I updated my Windows I checked that all my Desktop folders and shortcuts (except some) were completly gone and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Venturaspeed, Dec 1, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Update deleted all folder in desktop

So today 30/11/2020 to 01/12/2020 after I updated my Windows I checked that all my Desktop folders and shortcuts (except some) were completly gone and wiped of my computer. All the apps are still there. Tried to reverse the update didn't help. Anything more I can do, or all my files are just gone and I have to deal with it? No, I didn't have any back-up

submitted by /u/Venturaspeed
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Venturaspeed, Dec 1, 2020
  2. Anusha Win User

C windows installer folder - Delete?

He can do symbolic link redirection and move the files in it to a different location. *Wink Windows 10 Update deleted all folder in desktop ;)
    Better try it out in a virtual of first. Just a suggestion.

Like:
    First move everything in c:\windows\installer to d:\installercache
    Then delete c:\windows\installer folder
    Then type this in command mode as admin
    mklink /d c:\windows\installer d:\installercache

Removing those installer files is a bad idea. it might prevent you from updating or uninstalling apps.

Anusha, Dec 1, 2020
  3. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Windows 10 Update deleted all folder in desktop :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Windows 10 Update deleted all folder in desktop :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Dec 1, 2020
  4. MohanC Win User

Windows 10 Update deleted all folder in desktop

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Dec 1, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Update deleted all folder in desktop

1. Windows 10 Update deleted all folder in desktop - Similar Threads - Update deleted folder

2. All files and folders deleted in windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    All files and folders deleted in windows 10: I had recently downloaded dropbox, but later I uninstalled it and deleted my account because it didn't seem to help me. Today I came over its folder and thought that it would be of no use. So I deleted the folder. But when I did all my files and folders were deleted. They all...
  3. Deleting Folders in Desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleting Folders in Desktop: Hello everyone! I create this post to ask if someone can help me to delete these Folders in my Desktop category. I've tried to right-click on these Folders to find the way to delete them. But it doesn't seem to have a option to delete. Does anyone have a solution to help me?...
  4. Ctrl+Z deleted folder from desktop with all data win 10

Ctrl+Z deleted folder from desktop with all data win 10: Hi, I accidently pressed ctrl+z many times on recently created foldercreated folder via oxygen while saving json while pasting files , & end up with deleting the folder itself with all files which i have created , tried ctrl+y but its creates new folder2 named folder &...
  5. Windows update deleted desktop folder

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows update deleted desktop folder: Today I updated Windows. I took a while as usual and I finally got back to the desktop. I noticed that the user directory (and some other stuff) has been moved to C:\windows.old. The Desktop was nearly empty. I moved everything from C:\windows.old\users\%username%\desktop to...
  6. WINDOWS UPDATE DELETING ALL MY FOLDERS

WINDOWS UPDATE DELETING ALL MY FOLDERS: WINDOWS UPDATED OVERNIGHT AND ALL MY FOLDERS HAVE DISAPPEARED/DELETED PLEASE HELP NEED TO RETRIEVE THEM https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-deleting-all-my-folders/812c9b42-9337-4028-919a-28095638deef
  7. deleted desktop folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    deleted desktop folder: deleted desktop folder and this error comes please help me [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleted-desktop-folder/dd9aa2cc-8b6d-4d8e-b181-5934ced03c24
  8. Desktop files and folders deleted after windows updated

Desktop files and folders deleted after windows updated: Hi After the most recent windows update, my desktop was completely different and all the files and folders that had previously been on it are nowhere to be found on the computer. Folders still appear in recently accessed, but it shows an error message if I try open them....
  9. desktop folder deleted due to win update..

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    desktop folder deleted due to win update..: Hello. I've got an older computer, and every so often, it does an automatic update, which no longer has the option to turn off. My pc cannot handle the update, so it freezes, I have to reset it, and it restores to the previous version for the next month and a half. So this...
  10. Deleted Desktop Folder Stays in Desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Deleted Desktop Folder Stays in Desktop: I've been trying to delete folders on my desktop but They won't delete. Files are deleting just fine but when I try deleting a folder, it gives me this processing tab: [img] and "completes" the deletion but the folder never ends up getting deleted. It can be opened,...