Windows 10: Windows 10 Update deleted all of my files and is now deleting all my files every time I restart

Discus and support Windows 10 Update deleted all of my files and is now deleting all my files every time I restart in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Exactly as it says on the tin. I updated my Windows last night after incessant prompting and I log back in today to see that all of my files are gone.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by CrysGibson, Aug 31, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Update deleted all of my files and is now deleting all my files every time I restart

Exactly as it says on the tin. I updated my Windows last night after incessant prompting and I log back in today to see that all of my files are gone. Everything I have tried to restore them doesn't work (I have tried everything so please don't give me tips on how to deal with that mess, this isn't about that.) At this point I have made my rest with that situation and no longer care about getting my stuff back because I can't, Microsoft screwed up and that's it. Do not give me advice on how to deal with this.

The real issue is that every time I restart my computer it deletes all of my files again. If I make a folder or re-download a software, or heck, even if I just unpin stuff from my task bar, as soon as I shut down and log back in it reverts to what it was like the first time I opened my computer after the update.

How do I fix the issue where, every time I shut down my laptop, it deletes everything I have done and reverts back to a certain state?

:)

CrysGibson, Aug 31, 2019
  2. rk3066 Win User

Deleting the "SoftwareDistribution" Files

I noticed that "Depending on your HDD Space and you made sure your Updated on Windows 7" that you can delete all the Files "Going into Safe-Mode of course" but i saw a .Txt File that shows the Updates you've installed "That i deleted by mistake" but by deleting that File i saw the updates needed to be installed again but i knew weren't true.

So yeah what ya' think? Should this be a good idea? I saw that over 3GB worth of files!

rk3066, Aug 31, 2019
  3. macbeth Win User
    Cannot delete files in Temp

There are a few files that i cant delete in
    C:\Documents and Settings\1st User\Local Settings\Temp
    which are ~DF567B.tmp, ~DFB71E.tmp, ~ROMFN_000007A8 and Perflib_Perfdata_7a8.dat. And some times there are a few more.
    What are these files and why cant they be deleted?

macbeth, Aug 31, 2019
  4. xman2007 Win User

Windows 10 Update deleted all of my files and is now deleting all my files every time I restart

Cannot delete files in Temp

im quite sure none of them are spyware perflib perfdata is just a temp file created by windows (or maybe a program you have installed) ive had the same thing and after a while of googling found them to be harmless i think they will dissapear on there own or you can delete them when there no longer needed by the system, try a washer program and see if that gets rid of them, i used to use a trial version of window washer but havent used this in a while so dont know weather they still do a trial or wether it comes with any kind of spyware as its a trial. but a washing program usually cleans everything if its a good one.

also try booting into safemode as administrator and deleting the files.

xman2007, Aug 31, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Update deleted all of my files and is now deleting all my files every time I restart

1. Windows 10 Update deleted all of my files and is now deleting all my files every time I restart - Similar Threads - Update deleted files

2. Windows update deleted all my files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update deleted all my files: The latest Windows update has really done some bizarre things. I am not sure what is going on at Microsoft but these updates are really messing up my system. The last one in August stopped all games that used Unreal Engine from working and this one has taken it to another...
  3. Windows update deleted all my files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows update deleted all my files: The latest Windows update has really done some bizarre things. I am not sure what is going on at Microsoft but these updates are really messing up my system. The last one in August stopped all games that used Unreal Engine from working and this one has taken it to another...
  4. Windows update deleted all my files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 update deleted all my files

Windows 10 update deleted all my files: Woke on the 16th to see a forced Windows 10 update had been pushed through on my desktop. All my settings, bookmarks, and most importantly - files and photographs - are gone. Tried restoring to a previous version from an auto back-up two days before the update took 8 hrs!...
  6. Deleted all permissions for a file and now unable to delete file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleted all permissions for a file and now unable to delete file: Hi all, I recently ran into some issues with google chrome not working correctly and had to do a rather complicated uninstall. One of the suggestions involved deleting all users with permission to access chrome in the security settings. I tried a few other things too and...
  7. All my files save to the TEMP folder and get deleted every time i restart my computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    All my files save to the TEMP folder and get deleted every time i restart my computer: If i save a file or a folder to desktop it will get deleted when i restart my computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-my-files-save-to-the-temp-folder-and-get/1d2b3912-7691-48f4-9b79-20a0aa8906de
  8. Update deleted all my files

Update deleted all my files: Hi, I went to turn my computer on, and my computer began to install updates. When it finally finished, all of my files were deleted. Everything. I tried to restore it, but there is no restore point data either. How do I get all my information back? Thanks! Caitlyn...
  9. Windows 10 Update Deleted All My Files

Windows 10 Update Deleted All My Files: Windows 10 updated and all my files are gone. I tried retrieving it from the windows.old file but it was empty. All my pictures were on my computer and now they are completely gone and this is ridiculous that an update my computer said it needed completely wiped my computer....
  10. Windows update delete ALL MY FILES

Windows update delete ALL MY FILES: Hello there, i do manual update on my freshy reinstalled work laptop. After that (which takes litteraly hours) finaly i realize that the only remaining thing from my hard disk is probably the desktop picture. I have a previous Windows.old folder where was all my important...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows deletes all files every time i reboot

2. how do i stop all my passwords being deleted every time i shut down my computer with windows 10?