Windows 10: WIndows 10 Update Deleted my built-in speakers?

Discus and support WIndows 10 Update Deleted my built-in speakers? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I just downloaded a couple of windows updates today big security update and other smaller ones on my Acer Nitro 5 windows 10 laptop. After I restarted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by J_jj, Jan 14, 2020.

1. J_jj Win User

WIndows 10 Update Deleted my built-in speakers?

I just downloaded a couple of windows updates today big security update and other smaller ones on my Acer Nitro 5 windows 10 laptop. After I restarted my computer, my built in speakers are not detected by my computer anymore. I've tried to do the troubleshooting thing with the audio but it is as if my speakers never existed. I tried to restart again but that did not do anything to help. Not even my headphones work.

The things listed here are just my Bluetooth headphones, which do not work as well. IDK what the virtual audio is but it does not do anything either. I updated it but nothing happened.

WIndows 10 Update Deleted my built-in speakers? 9ca5a331-87ee-42b0-a1d7-dedd00509232?upload=true.png

Below see snip of sound troubleshooter not detecting any speakers whatsoever.

WIndows 10 Update Deleted my built-in speakers? 46b70634-c45c-4fc2-af75-db9b8fc94df3?upload=true.png

:)

2. unable to find and use built-in speakers on Windows 10.

Original Title: Built-in speakers in windows 10 have vanished

Hi there,

Recently I was getting my bluetooth hooked up in my windows 10 samsung slate and to send my sound through to my bluetooth speakers I had to manage my speakers and hook them up. Now I am ready to change back to the speakers built into my laptop, but I could
    not find them. My microphone is still there but I have no headphone jack or speakers listed and I can't find any way to search for another speaker to try to pick them up again. PLEASE HELP!

StephanieMilanowski, Jan 14, 2020
  3. Help in deleting built-in administrator account in Windows 10

Hello,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern to perform reset on Windows 10, we will help you with this issue.

The error might be due to enabled built-in admin account, I suggest you to do the following to disable the built-in administrator account:

Steps to: Disable Built-in administrator.

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.
      • Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open Command Prompt.
      • Type the following command and hit Enter:
      • net user administrator /active: no (Check for the spaces)

Also I would like to inform that, if you perform reset you will not be able to revert back to previous Operating System.

I suggest you to refer to the below article by J W Stuart
    about Rollback feature and check if it helps:

How to recover / restore your previous version of Windows using the Rollback feature

Hope it helps. Feel free to contact us for further assistance on Windows Operating System, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 14, 2020
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Built-in speakers quit working

Hi David,

Outdated drivers or wrong configuration settings may be the possible reasons why your built-in speakers were not working. To isolate your issue, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Did you get any error messages?
    • Have you tried updating your drivers?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you download and run the troubleshooter by clicking on this

link.
    This will let you diagnose audio issues and provide you a remedy.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Jan 14, 2020
Thema:

1. WIndows 10 Update Deleted my built-in speakers? - Similar Threads - Update Deleted built

2. Why are my built in speakers considered not conected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are my built in speakers considered not conected: My speakers won't work and when I started to investigate why they weren't working. I went to the device manager and found what I previously knew as my built-in speakers. When I double-clicked on the audio device it said "Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the...
  3. Why are my built in speakers considered not conected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why are my built in speakers considered not conected: My speakers won't work and when I started to investigate why they weren't working. I went to the device manager and found what I previously knew as my built-in speakers. When I double-clicked on the audio device it said "Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the...
  4. Windows 10 update has deleted my speaker sound options

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 update has deleted my speaker sound options: In the past I could connect an RC jack from my PC to my stereo and then choose various sound options, such as "nightclub", "cave", "movie" "3d", "opera", it would appear that in one of the windows updates it has deleted that driver. How do I get that option back?...
  5. my built in speaker of dell laptop not working

my built in speaker of dell laptop not working: hi I recently downloaded the deskfx audio enhancer software and when i installed it my speakers seemed to be running on low vollume, then i incresed the main vollume to 100 but still the sound was exceptionaly low, So i uninstalled the app but the problem is , after...
  6. My built in speakers are have no sound

My built in speakers are have no sound: No sound output at all from built in speaker? earlier I had sound output on headphones now event that isnt playing back sound? Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-built-in-speakers-are-have-no-sound/6b032fd9-9f89-4d77-80ad-1dc037462b39
  7. Windows 10 stopped detecting my built-in monitor speakers

Windows 10 stopped detecting my built-in monitor speakers: Hello folks, My issue is that I am unable to play sound through my LG HDR 4K monitor speakers from my PC. It worked in the past. I'm not sure why it stopped working. The monitor speakers are no longer available as a selection from the sound menu option in the task bar. I...
  8. Built-in speakers

Built-in speakers: So i used to have a computer with windows 7 and it had built in speakers but i reset my pc and now i can't hear anything and i've upgraded to windows 10 now.But when i start my computer and hold F8 it makes a noise through the speakers...
  9. Windows does not recognize the built-in speakers in my laptop after update

Windows does not recognize the built-in speakers in my laptop after update: 해당 글은 [ 한국어 ] 카테고리로부터 이동되었음을 알려드립니다. So the update happened just a while ago, and my windows lost the built-in speakers at all. Tried sound setting and the built-in speakers don't even exist there anymore. It only shows my previously used external output sources. How do I...
  10. My built in speakers stopped working this morning.

in Windows 10 Customization
    My built in speakers stopped working this morning.: It now says "No output device found" but when I plug my PS4 controller in the volume works again, help please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-built-in-speakers-stopped-working-this-morning/e0aa17dd-4da5-44f5-8a89-12c4922d7453