Windows 10: Windows 10 Update Deletes Most Apps

Discus and support Windows 10 Update Deletes Most Apps in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Around a day ago, my laptop's system said that the Windows 10 was no longer supported, and that I should update it as soon as possible to "keep all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by E135624, Mar 27, 2020.

1. E135624 Win User

Windows 10 Update Deletes Most Apps

Around a day ago, my laptop's system said that the Windows 10 was no longer supported, and that I should update it as soon as possible to "keep all data". I did what the system told me to do, let it update, and the next time I opened the computer, all my files and 90% of my downloaded apps were all gone. I couldn't find any trace of them anywhere, and the system thought it would be funny to download two new apps without my consent - Chromium, and Avast Free Antivirus. The minute Chromium opened, I didn't press on it, I pressed on Microsoft Edge, but it was Chromium that opened, and Edge crashed the entire laptop crashed along with Edge. The screen froze and then went black. I had to turn the laptop back on to solve the problem. Later, I found out that Microsoft Store isn't opening and if I try to pin it to the taskbar, it disappears after a few seconds. The update automatically logged me out of everything I was signed into, and basically wiped 90% of the system. It only kept the default apps, most aren't opening, and the ones it downloaded by itself. I can't uninstall Avast Antivirus no matter what I do, and most sites say that Chromium isn't trustworthy. It takes forever for my device to start and load everything although there aren't even that many. All the apps that I've downloaded myself and pinned to Start shows a blue icon, a download button, and when I hover my mouse over it, it says "A great new app is on it's way!", which is kind of weird. I need to use this laptop within two days, because of online classes. Please help? And FYI, I tried following the steps provided in another question, and none of it worked. The update also wiped everything I saved and all my Favourites in Microsoft Edge.

:)

E135624, Mar 27, 2020
  2. bestellen Win User

Deleting contacts from Windows 10

When you say Windows Mail Live are you referring to Mail app or Windows Live Mail?

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open Windows Live Mail.
    • Press Ctrl + 3 using your keyboard. Right-click on the contact to delete it if it is a single contact.
    • Highlight all contacts by pressing Ctrl + A.
    • Click Delete located on the Ribbon bar.
    • Click OK when you see the message These contacts will also be deleted from Hotmail, Messenger, and other Windows Live services.

After following the steps above, all your contacts that you have manually added to your account will be deleted however, contacts coming from third-party sites such as Facebook will not be deleted unless you remove Facebook from your account.

For Mail app:

Open People app then delete the contact.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

bestellen, Mar 27, 2020
  3. Anusha Win User
    C windows installer folder - Delete?

He can do symbolic link redirection and move the files in it to a different location. *Wink Windows 10 Update Deletes Most Apps ;)
    Better try it out in a virtual of first. Just a suggestion.

Like:
    First move everything in c:\windows\installer to d:\installercache
    Then delete c:\windows\installer folder
    Then type this in command mode as admin
    mklink /d c:\windows\installer d:\installercache

Removing those installer files is a bad idea. it might prevent you from updating or uninstalling apps.

Anusha, Mar 27, 2020
  4. Jay Jap Win User

Deleting apps

Hello Kelly,

We would like to know more information about your issue so that we will know why you are unable to delete applications on your computer:

• What changes/updates have you made prior to the issue?
    • Is there an error message when you try to uninstall an application?

In the meantime, I would suggest that you try the steps in this article on
    how to uninstall apps and programs in Windows 10.

We will wait for your response.

Regards.

Jay Jap, Mar 27, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Update Deletes Most Apps - Similar Threads - Update Deletes Apps

2. Windows 10 Update prevents most apps from starting until I delete security updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Update prevents most apps from starting until I delete security updates: I am running windows 10 x64 and I am getting so fed up with Microsoft’s updates making my computer unusable. Don’t ask specific details about my computer because other then it being windows 10x64 I can’t even open my system information without windows immediately terminating...
  3. Windows 10 Update prevents most apps from starting until I delete security updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Update prevents most apps from starting until I delete security updates: I am running windows 10 x64 and I am getting so fed up with Microsoft’s updates making my computer unusable. Don’t ask specific details about my computer because other then it being windows 10x64 I can’t even open my system information without windows immediately terminating...
  4. Windows 10 Update prevents most apps from starting until I delete security updates

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows 10: Most Apps crashing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10: Most Apps crashing: I have a Windows 10 system where most applications are crashing, 2-3 seconds after they launch. Launch window might come up, sometimes they will start to show data or whatever, but a bit after that, the window disappears mostly the hourglass never disappears while launching....
  6. Win 10 update deleted most of my files. Why?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win 10 update deleted most of my files. Why?: My window 10 has just been updated and I realized most of my files we're missing from downloads, to music and videos. Some of the files we're still there inside the hard drive but outside of that dissappeared. Why did this happen? How can I fix it and avoid it next time?...
  7. Files deleted after the most recent Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files deleted after the most recent Windows 10 update: Windows 10 did an automatic update after my last shutdown. When I turned the computer back on I discovered that the desktop had changed, apps I used were gone, downloads are gone, and a very significant amount of documents (days of work) are gone. It looks as if I did a total...
  8. Most Windows Apps not working after a recent Windows 10 Update

Most Windows Apps not working after a recent Windows 10 Update: Hi I was already having Windows 10 on my PC which is a ASUS machine just two years old. Recently Microsoft prompted me to update my OS saying that the version that I was having will not be supported beyond November 2019. The Update was successfully installed on 07th August...
  9. The most latest updates for windows 10

The most latest updates for windows 10: Afew weeks ago i just received a new notification from windows...it tell me that the system need to be update and as usual i just accept the update and after about an hour its done.Once its been already been update the system in my laptop looks so bad....once i insert my...
  10. Most of My Apps Not Working After Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Most of My Apps Not Working After Windows 10 Update: Hi. I updated to Windows 10 last night, and now no apps/programs seem to work for me. All of my installed programs before the update like Skype, Google Chrome, Spotify, downloaded games, etc doesn't seem to be gaining internet access eventhough my computer is connected to...