Windows 10: Windows 10 Update Destroyed My Computer

Discus and support Windows 10 Update Destroyed My Computer in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; After not updating for a long time- continuously turning off automatic updates, etc- my computer woke itself up from sleep mode and forced an update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by LindsayOrsini, Jan 21, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Update Destroyed My Computer

After not updating for a long time- continuously turning off automatic updates, etc- my computer woke itself up from sleep mode and forced an update out of the blue. After this update, my computer can't stay on for more than 5 minutes without getting the blue screen saying "Windows ran into a problem" and the error code being "Driver_Power_State_Failure."

After making sure all of my drivers were updated, it still continued to happen. I thought it had to do with a corrupted Windows file, so I reinstalled Windows completely, keeping only my files.

After reinstalling Windows, my computer restarted, and seemed like it just went into sleep mode. I tried waking it up for it to come to a black screen, with the mouse cursor able to be moved along it.

After a restart of that, it went to another black screen, but with the blinking typing cursor. I was unable to get into Task Manager, or type anything.

After yet ANOTHER restart, I decided to boot it into BiOS, and seeing if it would boot onto the Windows Boot Device. It was able to boot to that, so it just wasn't booting properly to my desktop.

Feeling completely drained, I decided to run the reinstall, but this time, completely wiping all files from the Hard Drive in the random (unseemly) event of corrupted files on my part.

After doing that, it went through the entire install and set up for Windows with Cortana, including logging in, etc. After logging in, it immediately went to a black screen with the cursor able to be moved around on it, not able to do anything else.

I work on my computer. I'm a musician. I use my computer daily, and need it to make a living. I came from using Apple last year, but with this issue being so ridiculous and tedious, I'm tempted to go back.

Here are my specs:

Ryzen 1700

G.SKILL 16GB DDR4 3000

Asus B350-F Gaming

GTX 1070

EVGA 650W

Super Nova G3

2TB Seagate HDD

512GB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD

and, obviously, Windows 10 Home

:)

LindsayOrsini, Jan 21, 2019
  2. yountmg Win User

Cumulative Update KB4338819 Windows 10 v1803 Build 17134.165 - July 10

This update totally destroyed me, which was not totally unexpected.

I have noticed that update issues are fairly common occurrences.

Microsoft must have a site that lists step by step actions that they want you to take when Windows 10 Updates and trashes a system?

Does such a site exist? Where do I go to get help?

Recovering Windows 10 After an Update

Step 1:
    sfc /scannow

Step 2:
    Dism

Step 3:
    etc.. Uninstall Video Drivers and reinstall

yountmg, Jan 21, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 21, 2019
  4. RCoon Win User

Windows 10 Update Destroyed My Computer

Windows 10 Tweaks

How to stop Windows 10 from automatically installing new and updated drivers constantly (particularly for GPU users with stable drivers)

• Right click "My Computer"
    • Click "Properties"
    • Click on "Hardware" tab
    • Click "Device Installation Settings"
    • Tick the "No, let me choose what to do"
    • Tick "Never install driver software from Windows Update"

RCoon, Jan 21, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Update Destroyed My Computer

1. Windows 10 Update Destroyed My Computer - Similar Threads - Update Destroyed Computer

2. The last Windows update destroyed my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The last Windows update destroyed my computer: The last Windows update almost destroyed millions of computers. Even Kim Kammado has this on her website. In my case, I no longer have the ability to record what comes into my computer, which I use daily because I am my city's historian. Does anyone know if Microsoft has come...
  3. The last Windows update destroyed my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The last Windows update destroyed my computer: The last Windows update almost destroyed millions of computers. Even Kim Kammado has this on her website. In my case, I no longer have the ability to record what comes into my computer, which I use daily because I am my city's historian. Does anyone know if Microsoft has come...
  4. The last Windows update destroyed my computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Recent update destroyed my computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Recent update destroyed my computer: The most recent windows update has caused my windows to deactivate, cause my task bar, start up and search to stop working entirely. My recovery save is gone, I can not rollback to my previous windows update. I can't open up any up any thing other then settings and chrome. On...
  6. Windows update destroyed my computer

Windows update destroyed my computer: I am honestly in a lose of words. I have owned a Apple computer since I was 6 years old. I had to switch to a PC for school. I can not describe the the issues with Windows 10. I mean a company like this still can not get it together is sad. The solution...hey just delete...
  7. Windows 10 is destroying computers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 is destroying computers: Ever since updating to Windows 10 version 1903 my laptops are starting without user interaction at 3 AM. All power settings to wake up the systems are disabled, but the problem is caused by the Universal Orchestrator Start Task Scheduler. You can disable this with PSTools and...
  8. windows 10 - the computer destroyer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows 10 - the computer destroyer: windows 10 does not work at all. I can prove this more than anyone can prove it does work. I can prove windows 10 is the slowest OS possible. I can also prove that there is no efficiently or productively. It has nothing to do with the install, again I can prove this....
  9. Is windows update destroying my computer ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is windows update destroying my computer ?: Okay recently i've installed the new windows update Just after rebooting it started being very slow and crashing very easily. It happened to me before when I get from windows 8 to 10 but it wasn't that bad like blue screen of death once a month. And 3 day after installing it...
  10. last update destroyed my computer

last update destroyed my computer: I do not use my HP all in one computer very much when I attempted to pay my bills last month it down loaded the latest up dates. it has not worked properly since I was directed to reload Windows 10 by going online to Microsoft . when I done this I received error msg...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows update destroyed my computer

2. a recent 2019 windows 10 update is breaking my computer