Windows 10: Windows 10 update: Destroyed my PC

Discus and support Windows 10 update: Destroyed my PC in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I updated Windows 10 on my PC today. I tried to postpone this update but the system messages persuaded me... And after that my PC have been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SotirisGayialis, Nov 25, 2018.

1. Windows 10 update: Destroyed my PC

I updated Windows 10 on my PC today. I tried to postpone this update but the system messages persuaded me... And after that my PC have been unavailable...

It needs 10 minutes to boot and after logging in I receive a message: C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Desktop is unavailable

By clicking OK a series of "bad warning red messages" happen and my PC is frozen.

Safe mode boot is not working... I am waiting 20 minutes to boot...

Thanks Microsoft for destroying my PC and forced me to loose my time.

I need my PC for my job and unfortunately I will loose my time this Monday!

Is there anyone that can help with this MS inconvenience?

Thanks in advance

:)

SotirisGayialis, Nov 25, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 25, 2018
  3. yountmg Win User
    Cumulative Update KB4338819 Windows 10 v1803 Build 17134.165 - July 10

This update totally destroyed me, which was not totally unexpected.

I have noticed that update issues are fairly common occurrences.

Microsoft must have a site that lists step by step actions that they want you to take when Windows 10 Updates and trashes a system?

Does such a site exist? Where do I go to get help?

Recovering Windows 10 After an Update

Step 1:
    sfc /scannow

Step 2:
    Dism

Step 3:
    etc.. Uninstall Video Drivers and reinstall

yountmg, Nov 25, 2018
  4. MrGenius Win User

Windows 10 update: Destroyed my PC

Microsoft to make Windows 10 updates mandatory

Well, at the moment at least, you can choose to defer upgrades. Under Settings > Windows Updates > Advanced options you need to check the box labeled "Defer upgrades". What does that do? Good question. The answer I've found might illuminate it to a degree.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/defer-upgrades-in-windows-10

I hear this only applies to Pro and Enterprise editions. But I can't verify that.

MrGenius, Nov 25, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 update: Destroyed my PC

1. Windows 10 update: Destroyed my PC - Similar Threads - update Destroyed

2. Possible That Windows 10 Updates Can Destroy The Whole OS?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Possible That Windows 10 Updates Can Destroy The Whole OS?: Last Time I Updated My Computer It Made An Error The Error Said "Missing File: c:\windows\system32\winload.efi"But Luckily I Fixed It And Everything Is Now NormalBut Im Now Scared To Update My Computer Because Theres A Chance It May BreakAll I Want The Answer Is "Possible...
  3. Possible That Windows 10 Updates Can Destroy The Whole OS?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Possible That Windows 10 Updates Can Destroy The Whole OS?: Last Time I Updated My Computer It Made An Error The Error Said "Missing File: c:\windows\system32\winload.efi"But Luckily I Fixed It And Everything Is Now NormalBut Im Now Scared To Update My Computer Because Theres A Chance It May BreakAll I Want The Answer Is "Possible...
  4. Possible That Windows 10 Updates Can Destroy The Whole OS?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Why did your June update destroy my computer and steam games?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why did your June update destroy my computer and steam games?: Your ****, you have destroyed my computer with your june update. All my games on steam won't work, you have removed my manual restore point and you are asking for serious trouble.You are **** **** Microsoft. I have had enough of your forced updates, your snooping, all if it....
  6. Why did your June update destroy my computer and steam games?

Why did your June update destroy my computer and steam games?: Your ****, you have destroyed my computer with your june update. All my games on steam won't work, you have removed my manual restore point and you are asking for serious trouble.You are **** **** Microsoft. I have had enough of your forced updates, your snooping, all if it....
  7. Why did your June update destroy my computer and steam games?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. So your last update, done on 6/24/2023 @3:00 A.M. destroyed our computers. It made the hard...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    So your last update, done on 6/24/2023 @3:00 A.M. destroyed our computers. It made the hard...: The title says it all https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/so-your-last-update-done-on-6242023-300-am/c8994029-ff91-4af4-a7ab-24af8666a274
  9. So your last update, done on 6/24/2023 @3:00 A.M. destroyed our computers. It made the hard...

So your last update, done on 6/24/2023 @3:00 A.M. destroyed our computers. It made the hard...: The title says it all https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/so-your-last-update-done-on-6242023-300-am/c8994029-ff91-4af4-a7ab-24af8666a274
  10. So your last update, done on 6/24/2023 @3:00 A.M. destroyed our computers. It made the hard...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 has been destroyed

2. windows update failed dual boot destroyed