Windows 10: Windows 10 Update Destroys Linux Dual-Boot mbr Sector

Discus and support Windows 10 Update Destroys Linux Dual-Boot mbr Sector in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I was hesitant to allow MS unhindered access to perform all it's updates. But this is a computer I bought for cheap because the guy didn't realize the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by braInchipped, Feb 8, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Update Destroys Linux Dual-Boot mbr Sector

I was hesitant to allow MS unhindered access to perform all it's updates. But this is a computer I bought for cheap because the guy didn't realize the computer stopped working properly because the windows 10 upgrade from win8 killed the use of the DVD due to just a driver authentication error... they were even the correct drivers... haaa!

I installed MX linux to test out why Debian was being usurped by this new user friendly, computer friendly free software and made my box a dual-boot computer, but like the thug-network, sharing the world is not in the minds of some self-righteous programmers.

Windows 10 snuck in a update on me after I re-enabled the windows update service temporarily, so I uninstalled that update. As a reprimand, windows throttled my 3d graphics driver on certain test game usage and not on benchmark tests, which is telling. Replacing the graphics driver did not stop the throttling.

So, as an experiment, I gave windows 10 unhindered control of my property. The updates were not improved from two years ago where the mbr was used to destroy dual boot windows users. MS programmers know this update invades and destroys the owner's control of Linux, but MS does not care to stop their trespasses. Windows 10, like the Mystery School of secret societies, wants to rise from the ashes of destruction, their fake fiery phoenix of a fake utopia. (See William Cooper's "Mystery Babylon" series. He didn't know AILucifer would be flowing through the microwave tower "Light" into the brainchipped zombie's lives, but he suspected that the "hivemind" or "tower of babel" in the black monolith of "Space Odessy: 2001" had significance beyond his understanding.)

So if a quick fix can't be suggested by these culprits, then the Linux world shall prevail on my experimental box with it's solo, peace and tranquility.

:)

braInchipped, Feb 8, 2019

2. Dual Boot Windows 10 and Linux Mint

How can I dual boot windows 10 with Linux Mint when I have a MBR hard drive with 4 partitions already in place?

Computers2016, Feb 8, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Reset destroys boot sector

Tried to reset 3 different PC's where as 2 had the forced Windows 10 install that made them useless.

Every single time the RESET destroys the boot-sector.

Last one was an ASUS T100chi!

So I just wanted to thank Microsoft for adding the worst **** up in history into their OS.

JoergBaermann, Feb 8, 2019
  4. mtsb701 Win User

Windows 10 Update Destroys Linux Dual-Boot mbr Sector

Windows 10 Update Error 0x800703ed - Dual Boot with Linux

I have 3 laptops with windows 10 and dual-boot suse linux. The ones with i7 6700 and i75500 chips updated without any problem, but the old one, with a T6570 chip required me to take down the dual boot. It now seems to be updating correctly. I will have to
    replace the linux dual-boot system

mtsb701, Feb 8, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Update Destroys Linux Dual-Boot mbr Sector

1. Windows 10 Update Destroys Linux Dual-Boot mbr Sector - Similar Threads - Update Destroys Linux

2. change dual boot order windows 10 and linux mint

in Windows 10 Customization
    change dual boot order windows 10 and linux mint: how do i make windows 10 default https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-dual-boot-order-windows-10-and-linux-mint/e68b3b6e-18b8-4fd9-9407-9d2bd94c3f37
  3. Uninstall Linux dual boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Uninstall Linux dual boot: Hello everyone ! I first want to mention thant english is not my first language, so, sorry if I make mistakes and am not clear enough ! I just received a second hand computer with windows10 and linux installed on it. The person I got it to told me it would be easy to get...
  4. add linux dual boot to w10 system

add linux dual boot to w10 system: New Laptop with W10 installed. Want to add dual boot Ubuntu. Ubuntu install looks good, but when restart,goes direct to W; no choice. Suspect WW Master Boot process since unix /var/log/syslog shows no sign of choice build and lots of Window master boot process. Need to...
  5. Dual boot Linux on my Windows 10 Laptop

Dual boot Linux on my Windows 10 Laptop: I want to Dual Boot ubuntu on my windows 10 laptop. I have tried it once before on my previous laptop and once I started using Ubuntu my activated windows 10 stopped working. I just want to know if it is possible for me to dual boot Ubuntu on my laptop and not loose my...
  6. Dual BOOT with Linux on ext3 and GPT + UEFI

Dual BOOT with Linux on ext3 and GPT + UEFI: Have two SSDs, one for W10 Insider and on other one I just reinstalled Linux Mint with UEFI and GPT partition(s). [img] [img] While both were in "normal legacy BIOS" way, non-UEFI I was able to make it dual BOOT but now my favorite, EasyBCD can't make working BOOT...
  7. Windows 10 + Linux dual boot advise please!

Windows 10 + Linux dual boot advise please!: Hi All, My Windows 10 is, at the moment, running smoothly on my 500Gb SSD. I played with Linux several years ago, and would like to do it again. I would like to install a Linux distro on my old internal 250Gb SSD. What is the best way to go about it? I have never had a...
  8. Dual boot Windows with Linux

Dual boot Windows with Linux: Is there a tutorial here (I didn't find, so maybe in another place there's a good tutorial?) on how to be able to install both Linux and Windows 10 on my laptop's hard drive? So that when I restart my laptop I will be able to choose from either Windows 10 or Linux? I did...
  9. Dual Boot with GPT and MBR Drives?

Dual Boot with GPT and MBR Drives?: Can I have both a GPT and MBR formatted drives on a dual boot system? I would like to retain my Win 7 installation as is with MBR formatted hard drive, and after the Win 8.1 to Win 10 upgrade, do a clean Win 10 install with GPT (UEFI) format. 8859
  10. dual-boot Linux

dual-boot Linux: I have a Lenovo laptop with Windows 10 (upgraded from Windows 8.1), and I'm considering setting it up to dual-boot Linux. I just had a look at the HD with Disk Management, and Lenovo has created 6 partitions (C, D, and 4 hidden partitions). Can I get further help here, or is...