Windows 10: Windows 10 update detection of open programs faulty

Discus and support Windows 10 update detection of open programs faulty in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I sometimes put my computer to sleep in the middle of work and expect to be able to return to it shortly. This may be in a half hour or overnight. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by dma550, Apr 11, 2020.

1. dma550 Win User

Windows 10 update detection of open programs faulty

I sometimes put my computer to sleep in the middle of work and expect to be able to return to it shortly. This may be in a half hour or overnight. I am a developer and sometimes leave programs in a state so I can remember where I was and can continue updates. I am usually careful of saving changes I need, but sometimes I am testing an idea and do not want to save changes.

Some of the older programs I use are a bit crude and I guess do not respond to modern change detection. So windows 10 wakes from hibernation, appears to ask them if there are changes, and they don't answer. No problem says windows 10 update, and forces them closed. So my query tool that has 4 windows of "work" which is not super critical enough to save but critical enough that I don't want it wiped, is gone.

I do not think MS should consider a hibernating to sleeping PC free to reboot. I have installed boot watchers and other things, and have purchased only pro editions of windows to allow me control of this.

I appreciate that it seems to restore my browser tabs, but other aspects of the system, including my visual studio 2019 session are closed completely.

:)

dma550, Apr 11, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 11, 2020
  3. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Apr 11, 2020
  4. Windows 10 update detection of open programs faulty

Microsoft signals end of Paint program

Microsoft has confirmed that it will continue to offer its graphics program Paint.

In a recent update, it had listed Paint as a feature that would be either removed or no longer developed.

Paint, renowned for its simplicity, has been part of the Windows operating system since its launch in 1985.

Microsoft suggested it would not remain on Windows 10 by default but did say it would be available for free on the Windows Store.

BBC news Report here
    Microsoft Paint avoids brush with death

dorsetknob, Apr 11, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 update detection of open programs faulty

1. Windows 10 update detection of open programs faulty - Similar Threads - update detection open

2. Windows Update is faulty

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update is faulty: For quite some time I have had problems with Windows Update. I am now using Windows 11 22H2 version 1992, which I installed with great difficulty. In general, cumulative updates download and stall during installation. I can usually, but not always, get them installed with the...
  3. Windows Update is faulty

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update is faulty: For quite some time I have had problems with Windows Update. I am now using Windows 11 22H2 version 1992, which I installed with great difficulty. In general, cumulative updates download and stall during installation. I can usually, but not always, get them installed with the...
  4. Regarding faulty update service by windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Regarding faulty update service by windows 10: Greetings, I have Windows 10 running on my pc and i recently switched over from an Nvidia graphics card GTX1050Ti to an AMD graphics card RX 6600. I made sure to uninstall all previous drivers through the inbuilt windows feature and cleanly installed the new AMD drivers....
  5. Faulty Windows 11 Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Faulty Windows 11 Update: When I updated my dell Inspiron to windows 11 after multiple freezes in the installation, I rebooted the PC to what I thought would be windows 11, I got a black screen. Nothing I tried worked. It wasn't off, sleeping, or the display wasn't off. I turned on the caps lock light...
  6. Faulty Windows 11 Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Faulty Windows 11 Update: When I updated my dell Inspiron to windows 11 after multiple freezes in the installation, I rebooted the PC to what I thought would be windows 11, I got a black screen. Nothing I tried worked. It wasn't off, sleeping, or the display wasn't off. I turned on the caps lock light...
  7. Update record faulty

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Update record faulty: How can I tell when / if the May update is installed? Will the change be visible and obvious? I ask because I have just had an update which took a long time, much longer than usual, but the Update History is blank (I have had that problem before) so I cannot check. By opening...
  8. Faulty Windows 10 after an update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Faulty Windows 10 after an update: Hello! My laptop, running Windows 10 started to lag a bit while I was playing a videogame two days ago. Thought this was just some minor glitch with the system, so I had to reboot. When it was booting up however, it displayed "installing updates" didn't even know there was a...
  9. After updating a program, why does Windows detect a program file but I cannot open it or...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    After updating a program, why does Windows detect a program file but I cannot open it or...: Hi, This has happened to me recently on two occasions after updating software, and I haven't managed to solve it. I would update a program, then not be able to use the program afterwards. Occasion 1 - Flowjo I performed an update. The program was installed, click on the...
  10. Windows 10 Update with faulty graphics card.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Update with faulty graphics card.: The dedicated graphics card on my laptop is broken and it shows blue screen whenever I try to access it. None of the driver works now. So I disabled it to run the windows 10. Now while upgrading windows 10 version, the graphics card drivers are loaded automatically which...