Windows 10: Windows 10 update disappears all local device, regional settings and email accounts

Discus and support Windows 10 update disappears all local device, regional settings and email accounts in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Since a Windows 10 update about a month ago all settings (local and regional) , configs and email accounts are deleted and need to be redone. Since... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Pyro_839, Dec 5, 2019.

1. Pyro_839 Win User

Windows 10 update disappears all local device, regional settings and email accounts

Since a Windows 10 update about a month ago all settings (local and regional) , configs and email accounts are deleted and need to be redone. Since this time any applications and drivers that are installed initiate the same problem. I have had to redo all these and re- add all email accounts repetitively every time. Over the last month I have spent approx. 40 hours repeating this exercise. Does somebody know what is causing this and what the solution may be?

:)

Pyro_839, Dec 5, 2019

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Dec 5, 2019
  3. Zakin Win User
    Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Windows 10  update disappears all local device, regional settings and email accounts :(

Zakin, Dec 5, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 update disappears all local device, regional settings and email accounts

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Dec 5, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 update disappears all local device, regional settings and email accounts - Similar Threads - update disappears local

2. Convert Windows 10 account to local and keep all settings and data

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Convert Windows 10 account to local and keep all settings and data: HiJust bought a new laptop and spent a day configuring everything and restoring data from backups etc to find that I need to be connected to the Internet to sign in… this appears to be because somehow I now have a Microsoft account… obviously missed a setting somewhere that...
  3. Convert Windows 10 account to local and keep all settings and data

in Windows 10 Customization
    Convert Windows 10 account to local and keep all settings and data: HiJust bought a new laptop and spent a day configuring everything and restoring data from backups etc to find that I need to be connected to the Internet to sign in… this appears to be because somehow I now have a Microsoft account… obviously missed a setting somewhere that...
  4. Convert Windows 10 account to local and keep all settings and data

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Region Settings on Windows 10

in Cortana
    Region Settings on Windows 10: Hello, I have a question regarding Microsoft's region settings on Windows 10.Even if I am not living in the US, if I set my Region Settings to United States, will it be deemed illegal by Microsoft?Hope I was able to ask clearly. The reason why I ask this, is because when I...
  6. Local account email

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Local account email: Can I change the email associated with a Local account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/local-account-email/aa10d087-d852-4e85-8b0b-d54c6a4779bd
  7. Windows 10 logging into my email account, but I have it set to a local account!

Windows 10 logging into my email account, but I have it set to a local account!: I have local login setup on Windows 10, but I noticed a notification in the lower right hand portion of my display after a Windows 10 update yesterday. The notification said I had email and I was able to access the email without even logging in. I have outlook on my desktop,...
  8. Group Policy Preferences Regional Settings - Regional format Unknown Locale

Group Policy Preferences Regional Settings - Regional format Unknown Locale: Hi all, We have a problem with GPO Regional settings, DC servers Windows Server 2016 standard, all workstation are Windows 10 Pro. We need to change Regional format, we make changes on GPO, force update policy, but on workstation side Regional Format is Unknown locale like...
  9. All perosnalised and all reigonal et al settings, email accounts keep disappearing after...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    All perosnalised and all reigonal et al settings, email accounts keep disappearing after...: Hi All, ever since a windows 10 update about 3 weeks ago, I have lost all my settings, email accounts, regional settings ++ . On at least 5 occasions on start up I have had to re- create all email accounts, and re do all settings , shortcuts, etc etc . Very frustrating and...
  10. Local and Regional.

Local and Regional.: I am located in Norway, but use windows in English US. I get Windows store, One Note, Groove, Weather, Photo and Film/TV apps in Norwegian Language. Have changed my country or region from Norway to USA to avoide this mixup, but it still does not work. Which additional...