Windows 10: Windows 10 update does not work

Discus and support Windows 10 update does not work in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My Toshiba Satellite was updating Windows 10 but when it reached 91% it kept working for hours with no progress. Ctr-Alt-DEL does not work, shutting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JorgeBonilla2, Nov 19, 2020.

1. Windows 10 update does not work

My Toshiba Satellite was updating Windows 10 but when it reached 91% it kept working for hours with no progress. Ctr-Alt-DEL does not work, shutting down the computer, even for days, it come back to the 91% progress . I can not get it out of this close loop, it does not respond to any command. Any suggestions?

:)

JorgeBonilla2, Nov 19, 2020
  2. chispy Win User

Creative X-Fi Soundcards and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 = Complete Disaster / Not Working

Thank you for trying to help , i did tried your suggestion but it did not work :/ , nothing seems to make it work on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709. In the meantime i have bought a new SoundBlasterX AE-5 and it did installed flawlessly , no problems whatsoever. it is up to Creative ( drivers ) and Microsoft ( bug fix ) to fix this huge bugs with Audio.

Kind Regards: Chispy

chispy, Nov 19, 2020
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Nov 19, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 update does not work

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 19, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 update does not work

1. Windows 10 update does not work - Similar Threads - update does

2. ‎W11 File Explorer over network Date Modified does not update, must click refresh‎

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ‎W11 File Explorer over network Date Modified does not update, must click refresh‎: In Windows 11, 23H2 and 22H2, if a user has file explorer open to a network location, sorted by Date Modified, opens an older office file Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc., modifies that file, and saves, file explorer will not update to show the updated modified date and new sort...
  3. ‎W11 File Explorer over network Date Modified does not update, must click refresh‎

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ‎W11 File Explorer over network Date Modified does not update, must click refresh‎: In Windows 11, 23H2 and 22H2, if a user has file explorer open to a network location, sorted by Date Modified, opens an older office file Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc., modifies that file, and saves, file explorer will not update to show the updated modified date and new sort...
  4. Yahoo mail is updated, but it does not show screen contents on WIndows 11

Yahoo mail is updated, but it does not show screen contents on WIndows 11: All the messages on my Yahoo mail are updated, but when I try to see any of them, the email content keeps gray and the "loading" icon keeps running and the email is not show on screen. See attached image....
  5. Yahoo mail is updated, but it does not show screen contents on WIndows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Yahoo mail is updated, but it does not show screen contents on WIndows 11: All the messages on my Yahoo mail are updated, but when I try to see any of them, the email content keeps gray and the "loading" icon keeps running and the email is not show on screen. See attached image....
  6. Windows Update service does not start "error 1053: "The service did not respond to the...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update service does not start "error 1053: "The service did not respond to the...: Whenever I try to start the Windows 10 update service, it fails with error 1053: "The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion." The service cannot start at all. I also cannot view the update history, although I was able to install updates....
  7. Windows Update service does not start "error 1053: "The service did not respond to the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update service does not start "error 1053: "The service did not respond to the...: Whenever I try to start the Windows 10 update service, it fails with error 1053: "The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion." The service cannot start at all. I also cannot view the update history, although I was able to install updates....
  8. Windows Update service does not start "error 1053: "The service did not respond to the...

9. Desktop does not update refresh automatically since Windows 7 until Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop does not update refresh automatically since Windows 7 until Windows 11: This is a rant here. This problem has persisted since Windows 7 and reached Windows 11 without a fix. I have been using Windows for 30 years and from Windows XP onwards this problem did not exist. I'm tired of this happening so much, that is, you make some changes to files...
  10. Desktop does not update refresh automatically since Windows 7 until Windows 11

Desktop does not update refresh automatically since Windows 7 until Windows 11: This is a rant here. This problem has persisted since Windows 7 and reached Windows 11 without a fix. I have been using Windows for 30 years and from Windows XP onwards this problem did not exist. I'm tired of this happening so much, that is, you make some changes to files...