Windows 10: Windows 10 Update Downloads Even Though in Pause

Discus and support Windows 10 Update Downloads Even Though in Pause in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Windows 10 Pro Version 1903 OS Build 18362.592 ASUS GL552VW laptop Windows 10 update is downloading some updates even though in pause. Why?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by petrula, Mar 9, 2020.

1. petrula Win User

Windows 10 Update Downloads Even Though in Pause

Windows 10 Pro Version 1903 OS Build 18362.592

ASUS GL552VW laptop

Windows 10 update is downloading some updates even though in pause. Why?

***** Advanced Update Options *****

Pause updates

Temporarily pause updates from being installed on this device for up to 35 days. When you reach the pause limit, your device will need to get new updates before you can pause again.

Pause until: Monday, March 30, 2020

Choose when updates are installed

A feature update includes new capabilities and improvements. It can be deferred for this many days: 365

A quality update includes security improvements. It can be deferred for this many days: 30

For example, Windows update recently loaded and installed Microsoft OneNote as "9WZDNCRFHVJL- MICROSOFT.OFFICE.ONENOTE"

***** Event Viewer *****

Event Viewer > Event Viewer Local > Windows Logs > System

Event 19, WindowsUpdateClient

Installation Successful: Windows successfully installed the followinq update: 9WZDNCRFHVJL- MICROSOFT.OFFICE.ONENOTE

The OneNote update then froze my ASUS laptop keyboard and mouse for no apparent reason. I had to make a power crash since I could not get to the Task Manager. This problem has occurred four times in the last 30 days.

Obviously, Windows Defender Antivirus must be updated irrespective of the Pause settings. However, the Event Viewer is showing that Windows is also updating YourPhone, Sway, and other Microsoft apps for no apparent reason during a Pause.

Why is this happening?

Why is it freezing my laptop keyboard and mouse?

Thank you for the feedback.

:)

petrula, Mar 9, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 9, 2020
  3. m4gicfour Win User
    Windows 10 forced download

^This, then reboot and go to manually update windows. Find KB3035583 in the list of available updates, right-click and "Hide this update" so it doesn't get installed again next go around.

m4gicfour, Mar 9, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Update Downloads Even Though in Pause

Windows 10 forced download

To stop the download, uninstall the KB3035583 update (under "Control Panel > Windows Update > Installed Updates").

To get rid of the C:\$Windows.~BT folder:
    • Right-click on your C: drive.
    • Select "Properties".
    • Click on [ Disk Cleanup ]
    • After the initial scan: If you have a [ Clean up system files ] button, click it and wait for the second scan to finish.
    • Scroll down the list and look for "Temporary Windows installation files" (its size should be in the gigabytes range); check the box.
    • Click on [ OK ] to start the clean-up.

Static~Charge, Mar 9, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Update Downloads Even Though in Pause

1. Windows 10 Update Downloads Even Though in Pause - Similar Threads - Update Downloads Though

2. Why did Windows restart for an update even though updates were paused?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why did Windows restart for an update even though updates were paused?: Was not during active hours. Is this because it glitched and it had to restart, and it decides it might as well update then, or is it not supposed to do restart-required updates at all....
  3. Why did Windows restart for an update even though updates were paused?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why did Windows restart for an update even though updates were paused?: Was not during active hours. Is this because it glitched and it had to restart, and it decides it might as well update then, or is it not supposed to do restart-required updates at all....
  4. How to do driver updates?? even though the definition updates are downloading

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to do driver updates?? even though the definition updates are downloading: Hello! How do I update my drivers?? Cause for some reason They wont update meanwhile the definition updates are going on?? How do I fix this? Could it be the razer mouse that is causing my laptop to act weirdly??...
  5. How to do driver updates?? even though the definition updates are downloading

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to do driver updates?? even though the definition updates are downloading: Hello! How do I update my drivers?? Cause for some reason They wont update meanwhile the definition updates are going on?? How do I fix this? Could it be the razer mouse that is causing my laptop to act weirdly??...
  6. How to do driver updates?? even though the definition updates are downloading

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Updates being applied even though they are being paused for 7 days through Windows Update

Updates being applied even though they are being paused for 7 days through Windows Update: Hello. I'm facing an issue where cumulative & security updates are being applied to my system when I restart Windows, even though I've paused them for a week through the Windows Update setting.Background: I've heard some weird stories about cumulative updates screwing things...
  8. Windows downloads & installs updates even if I pause updates [HELP]

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows downloads & installs updates even if I pause updates [HELP]: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/josephbinoy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ikfwte/windows_downloads_installs_updates_even_if_i/
  9. Windows downloads updates even though it is on a metered WiFi

Windows downloads updates even though it is on a metered WiFi: I still receive sporadic updates in my Windows 10 desptie that all my WiFi connections are marked as metered. In particular, on 27/07 the system downloaded KB4565483 while I was connected to my cellphone hotspot clearly marked `metered` since long ago. It incurred me the...
  10. System updated even though updates paused for 7 days

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    System updated even though updates paused for 7 days: I found my system had been rebooted due to a Definition Update, for Windows Defender Antivirus (which I do not even use!), despite the fact that I had updates paused until 1/14/20. So when is an "update not an update? How do I stop all updates? 147747

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 updates despite pause