Windows 10: Windows 10 update driver/resolution problem

Discus and support Windows 10 update driver/resolution problem in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Ok so here's a problem I don't know how to begin to solve and neither did microsoft so here's to hoping the community can help. So I made the mistake... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jjcczz, Feb 9, 2019.

1. jjcczz Win User

Windows 10 update driver/resolution problem

Ok so here's a problem I don't know how to begin to solve and neither did microsoft so here's to hoping the community can help.

So I made the mistake of updating windows 10 again which I forgot **** up my graphics drivers every time. Basically now when I connect my desktop to either of the two tv's I use as monitors I get the response resolution not supported change the resolution of the external device. except I can't do that because I can't see the screen. I can't even see the bios boot up.

My concern is the update switched the default drivers from Nvida to Intel which because I don't have an intel graphics card means I have no way of outputting the video source.

Anyone have any idea how to get my desktop back to a useable state I would really appreciate it. This has happened to me everytime I update windows but I can't remember how i fixed it last time.

:)

jjcczz, Feb 9, 2019

2. Windows 10 - Screen Resolution Problem

Hi Watashi,

Welcome and thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are unable to change the screen resolution, we will help you with this issue.

I suggest you to update the Display Adapter Drivers

Step 1: Update the Display Adapter driver.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update driver software.
    Refer to: How to: Install and Update drivers in
    Windows 10

Step 2: Please follow the below steps to change the resolution of the screen and check:

• Type Change screen resolution in the
      Search box from the desktop.

• Under Resolution search for the
      Recommended
      resolution and click on Apply.

• A windows pops up saying "Keep these display settings", then select
      Keep changes.

I would like to inform that, there will be a recommended resolution for all the computers, and if you select more than the recommended resolution the screen would not support for that.

Hope this helps. Feel free to contact us for any further issues on Windows Operating System, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 9, 2019
  3. Hood Win User
    Windows 10 nVidia Driver Question

With the Nov Update, Windows 10 became mature enough to give another try. Build 10586 (version 1511) runs great, feels snappy, and has no obvious problems. However, I'm concerned with this version's insistence on loading nVidia's 353.54 driver, which is dated July 13 2015, 4 months ago. On their US website they list all the new drivers as being compatible with Windows 10, (such as 358.91), but they won't load (installer says incompatible with this version of Windows, could find no compatible hardware...). The 353.54 driver runs games without any problems, but why is it taking so long to for nVidia to update this driver? Is it my 780 Ti that's incompatible or is it Windows 10?

Hood, Feb 9, 2019
  4. NsAnswes Win User

Windows 10 - Screen Resolution Problem

To add to this solution, also try Monitors. Right click on the driver and
    Update Driver Settings, browse my computer for driver, uncheck - Show compatible hardware and select from the list the manufacturer and model of your PC.

Hopefully that should work too. (Don't forget to restart after you have applied changes).

NsAnswes, Feb 9, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 update driver/resolution problem - Similar Threads - update driver resolution

2. Windows 10 resolution problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 resolution problem: Hello, I don't know anything about PCs so here I am. My resolution suddenly changed to 1600x1200 from Idk what was the settings before but I have a MSI Optix G24 Series monitor with an AMD Radeon r7 video card. I looked up in google what would be the recommended resolution...
  3. Windows 10 resolution problem

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Windows 10 resolution problem: Hello, this is the first time I ever ask something here and I am really desperate: This evening I downloaded a video game. It has the option to be played in window mode or in full screen. I started playing in full screen but noticed that somehow in fullscreen it looked worse...
  4. Windows 10 resolution problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 resolution problem: Hello, this is the first time I ever ask something here and I am really desperate: This evening I downloaded a video game. It has the option to be played in window mode or in full screen. I started playing in full screen but noticed that somehow in fullscreen it looked worse...
  5. Windows 10 resolution problems, help?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 resolution problems, help?: I had Win10 less tan 24 hours and i just cannot believe that i cannot stop finding design flaws, here are just three of them: 1- You cannot configure in any possible way the lock screen. You need to have a very specific resolution for the image you want to put as principal,...
  6. Resolution problem after driver update

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Resolution problem after driver update: I used app called "Driver Booster" to upgrade my drivers. After upgrading few of them my resolution became wider,letters blurred, and my pc is working so slow it took me 3 minutes to open google chrome... As you can see i cant move icons to the full right,like there is...
  7. Problems on windows 10 screen resolution

Problems on windows 10 screen resolution: I have several critics of win10 on the screen resolution, where it never looks good for all applications, a nonsense compared to the previous resolutions (win7, win8) where you did not need to move/configure each application. The MS so far, after 2 years, did not works good...
  8. Windows 10 resolution problem.

Windows 10 resolution problem.: Just installed WIndows 10, changed the resolution to 1920 x 1080 and some off the items on the screen appear half, some items are gone. Everything is so small. Currently on a TV and I didn't have this problem on Windows 8.1 9340
  9. Windows 10 Resolution Problem

Windows 10 Resolution Problem: I accidentally unplugged my monitor from the wall, after plugging it back in everything on my screen is bigger than it should be. I tried changing resolution but the max resolution still makes everything a lot bigger than it was before the accidental unplugging. The max...
  10. Windows 10 resolution problem(blurry)

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 resolution problem(blurry): Well i just upgraded to windows 10 yesterday it is all great and all but i am having a problem with the screen First i did is I installed all drivers and i made sure i installed the right one(i have amd radeon hd 6450) my problem is that everything is small and blurry so i...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. update resolution driver