Windows 10: Windows 10 update - effect on Photo Gallery

Discus and support Windows 10 update - effect on Photo Gallery in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've used Photo Gallery from Live Essentials (2012 I believe) and its predeccesor for years as my basic photo viewer and editor. Recently, and I think... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Toby43, Feb 13, 2020.

1. Toby43 Win User

Windows 10 update - effect on Photo Gallery

I've used Photo Gallery from Live Essentials (2012 I believe) and its predeccesor for years as my basic photo viewer and editor.
    Recently, and I think its since the 1909 update, it's not opening large JEPG files (30-50 MB in size).
    Additionally it's taking an age for a full folder of many images to open and display the contents in thumbnail view.
    Photo Gallery is, IMHO, one of the best basic viewer editors ever. Have M/soft disabled it in some way? If so is there any way of getting it back? I have PS Elements and PS6 but for ease and speed of use Photo Gallery is (or was) so good.

:)

Toby43, Feb 13, 2020
  2. Maria Fab Win User

Windows 10 Photo Gallery shortcut

Hi Robert,

To create a shortcut for Windows 10 Photo Gallery, follow these steps:

• Right-click on Photo Gallery, and then choose the Open file or folder location.
    • A pop-up window will appear showing Photo Gallery, and then right-click on it.
    • Select Send to> Desktop (create shortcut).

Let us know how it goes.

Maria Fab, Feb 13, 2020
  3. Photo Gallery White Box Windows 10

I have just installed windows 10 and Photo Gallery comes up with a white/checkered box in the left hand corner of photos when I am editing them. I use Photo Gallery all the time to edit my photos. Please help me fix this problem. Someone suggested it
    could be the Catalyst Control Centre in settings, but I don't know how to access this in Win 10. I will need step by step instructions.

Thanks

Telegraph 707, Feb 13, 2020
  4. Windows 10 update - effect on Photo Gallery

hazy photos in windows photo gallery

Hi Brenda,

I apologize for misunderstanding the query.

I would suggest you to refer to the help article given below for steps to edit photos in Windows photo gallery and check if it helps:

Edit photos in Photo Gallery

Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to help.l

Wungraileng Vashi, Feb 13, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 update - effect on Photo Gallery

1. Windows 10 update - effect on Photo Gallery - Similar Threads - update effect Photo

2. Windows Photo Gallery

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Photo Gallery: I have been using Windows Photo Gallery on my desktop with Windows 10 and before that . The new version of Windows 10 did not include it and I didn't like the included new Photos program. If I upgrade to Windows 11 will I have to download Photo Gallery again and, most...
  3. Windows 10 Photo Gallery

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows 10 Photo Gallery: How to export photos from Windows 10 Photo Gallery onto a flash drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-photo-gallery/4d624479-4ea0-4c3b-8daf-7de4b1889350
  4. Windows 10 photo gallery

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 photo gallery: I never set my lockscreen to be any particular picture, because Windows 10 gives a slideshow of different photos like every 1-2 times you start up the laptop/computer, and there's some photos that I've really really liked but have no idea where to find them, and wanted to see...
  5. Windows 10 update - effect on Photo Gallery

Windows 10 update - effect on Photo Gallery: I've used Photo Gallery from Live Essentials (2012 I believe) and its predeccesor for years as my basic photo viewer and editor. Recently, and I think its since the 1909 update, it's not opening large JEPG files (30-50 MB in size). Additionally it's taking an age for a full...
  6. Windows photo gallery

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows photo gallery: I just purchased an HP laptop with Windows 10 and do not like the photo program. How can I install Windows Photo Gallery? Also, I cannot find a way to "Save websites to my favorites tab...any help? Paul...
  7. Photo Gallery

Photo Gallery: How do I move from one picture to another in Photo Gallery WITHOUT Slide Show https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photo-gallery/71525ccf-6da8-431f-9f49-4b2ead1a70cb
  8. Photo Gallery

Photo Gallery: How do I copy a photo from one folder to another (in Photo Gallery)? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-photos/photo-gallery/1408aca9-4d5f-4811-acd6-921049531f59
  9. Windows 10 Photo Gallery

Windows 10 Photo Gallery: Where did the Photo Gallery app go? The albums contained many memorable photos that were well sorted. It seems that every time I wait hours for a new update, something else has changed on Windows 10. Please help!...
  10. Windows Photo Gallery

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Photo Gallery: This just started happening today. When I open a photo, it displays for about one second then closes and goes back to the previous screen. Does anyone know how to fix this? I have Windows 10....