Windows 10: Windows 10 update endless boot cycle

Discus and support Windows 10 update endless boot cycle in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After a Windows update, my computer is in endless boot cycle. "Automatic repair couldn't repair your PC." In trying a system restore, I am unable to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PatriciaHardesty, Feb 22, 2021.

1. Windows 10 update endless boot cycle

After a Windows update, my computer is in endless boot cycle. "Automatic repair couldn't repair your PC." In trying a system restore, I am unable to select the only disk that appears C:, so I cannot proceed.

:)

PatriciaHardesty, Feb 22, 2021
  2. esawyer2 Win User

Update to Windows 10 Pro Failure Causing Endless Restart Cycle

Update to Windows 10 Pro Failure Causing Endless Restart Cycle

After reserving a spot to upgrade to Windows 10 my computer has started to constantly restart itself without any way of stopping the action. We have tried many different solutions and none of them have worked. The only way to avoid constant reboots is to
    take the computer offline. Any suggestions?

esawyer2, Feb 22, 2021
  3. Sharief K Win User
    Windows 10 endless loop reboot

Hi,

• Have you checked if the hard disk is set as first boot device in the BIOS?
    • Which version of Windows is installed on the computer?
    • What did the HP supported suggested you to fix the issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided in the following article and check if it helps.

Windows 10 endless loop reboot

If the issue persists, please get back to us with the more information about the interaction with HP support and the outcome of the issue.

Sharief K, Feb 22, 2021
  4. Windows 10 update endless boot cycle

Peculiar carousel: endless Windows 1903 update cycle

Trying to update Windows 10 from version 1809 to version 1903.

Update seems to go well until Windows asks, as usual, the user to restart, but after restart Windows boots only back to1809, not to 1903.

Windows update history is very peculiar, showing this endless cycle:

UPDATE HISTORY

Feature Updates (1)

Feature update to Windows 10, version 1903

Requires a restart to finish installing

Feature Updates (2)

Feature update to Windows 10, version 1903

Requires a restart to finish installing

Feature Updates (3)

etc etc - the same cycle continues endlessly

Any fellow sufferer with this kind of symptom?

MarkkuSiivola, Feb 22, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 update endless boot cycle

1. Windows 10 update endless boot cycle - Similar Threads - update endless boot

2. Cannot boot, endless powering cycling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot boot, endless powering cycling: I built a new pc, worked great, I installed windows 11 and everything. The issue was I didn't have the partitions set as I wanted. I had to delete all he partitions even the one with the os and boot. Now my pc will just power on, then power off, then power on, then off...
  3. Cannot boot, endless powering cycling

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot boot, endless powering cycling: I built a new pc, worked great, I installed windows 11 and everything. The issue was I didn't have the partitions set as I wanted. I had to delete all he partitions even the one with the os and boot. Now my pc will just power on, then power off, then power on, then off...
  4. Endless cycle of Windows update prompts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Endless cycle of Windows update prompts: A few months ago, Windows Update performed a major update, after which I discovered that the volume control no longer worked on my laptop other than being able to turn the sound completely off. Looking around the web for help, one suggestion I found in a couple of places was...
  5. Endless cycle of Windows update prompts

Endless cycle of Windows update prompts: A few months ago, Windows Update performed a major update, after which I discovered that the volume control no longer worked on my laptop other than being able to turn the sound completely off. Looking around the web for help, one suggestion I found in a couple of places was...
  6. Windows 10 update that sends PCs into an endless boot cycle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 update that sends PCs into an endless boot cycle: The most recent updates from Microsoft seem to be putting my Windows 10 PCs into a boot cycle. Now I find that there is a glitch in your update. I need to fix it....
  7. Windows 10 update that sends PCs into an endless boot cycle

Windows 10 update that sends PCs into an endless boot cycle: The most recent updates from Microsoft seem to be putting my Windows 10 PCs into a boot cycle. Now I find that there is a glitch in your update. I need to fix it....
  8. Windows 10 update that sends PCs into an endless boot cycle

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Windows 10 update sending PCs into endless boot cycle

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 update sending PCs into endless boot cycle: The most recent Patch Tuesday updates from Microsoft seem to be putting my Windows 10 PCs in a boot loop Took it to repair shop Told me I needed a new hard drive. Now I find it is a glitch in your update Need fix yesterday...
  10. Recent Windows Update Boot Endless Cycle

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Recent Windows Update Boot Endless Cycle: Hi, I have a Windows 10 Home machine that recently went through a windows update and restarted. It now boots past the BIOS and goes through "Windows Updating" to "Windows Diagnosing/Repairing" boot loop. My computer uses an SSD so it is (I believe) impossible to get it to...