Windows 10: windows 10 update endless loop

Discus and support windows 10 update endless loop in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a surface pro I bought feb 2019 and have used very little. I also purchased Office but never entered the key. Windows 10 kept trying to update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by josephpellegrino2, Jan 28, 2020.

1. windows 10 update endless loop

I have a surface pro I bought feb 2019 and have used very little. I also purchased Office but never entered the key. Windows 10 kept trying to update windows but it would always fail. The last time it started making update changes but then a small empty square with a white edge around it with just black in the center would flash across the otherwise empty black screen and then it would say ' undoing chages..etc. and would then immediately try updating again etc etc.

I have let that go on for 6 hours and it never stops. I have powered down by forcing a shut down by holding the power button continuously for 20+ seconds, restart and it immediately goes into same process. It does not go to a start up screen or log in screen. I've tried both continuously and repeatedly pushing all the " F" buttons on start up as well as delete and esc to no avail. I created a Media Creation Tool on a clean USB flash drive and placed that in the port and restarted computer and it didnt do anything, it just kept doing the same updating and undoing changes over and over.

What can I do?

:)

josephpellegrino2, Jan 28, 2020
  2. Sharief K Win User

Windows 10 endless loop reboot

Hi,

• Have you checked if the hard disk is set as first boot device in the BIOS?
    • Which version of Windows is installed on the computer?
    • What did the HP supported suggested you to fix the issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided in the following article and check if it helps.

Windows 10 endless loop reboot

If the issue persists, please get back to us with the more information about the interaction with HP support and the outcome of the issue.

Sharief K, Jan 28, 2020
  3. Julie Ram Win User
    Window 10 update loop and I can't get it fixed.

Hi Archie,

To better assist you, follow the steps on how to Fix Endless Reboot Loop after Windows 10 Update:

• Open Settings.
    • Update & security.
    • Windows Update, and select "Check for updates".

Be informed that, an additional update will be downloaded and installed to your Windows 10 computer to fix endless reboot loop.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Julie Ram, Jan 28, 2020
  4. windows 10 update endless loop

Windows 10 update problem - endless loop

I attempted to updated to Windows 10 on my Dell XPS laptop. It seemed to go okay but now I am stuck in an endless loop alternating between two errror messages. The first one says WDF_VIOLATION. The second one says NTFS_File_System. Does anyone have any
    suggestions?

Thank you

Audrey

AudreyMills, Jan 28, 2020
Thema:

windows 10 update endless loop

1. windows 10 update endless loop - Similar Threads - update endless loop

2. Verification endless loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Verification endless loop: Hi Iv'e been trying for moths to grant consent to my kid as memeber to use his new PC. Never occured. Yesterday spent over 2 hours chatting with a Microsoft help desk memeber case 1046503066We tried removing the account, creating a new one for my kids, etc etc everything...
  3. Windows 10 Can't Sign In on PC with PIN - Endless Loops Upon Endless Loops

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 Can't Sign In on PC with PIN - Endless Loops Upon Endless Loops: Big problem here. Let me first explain that I've tried every way possible to talk to someone at MS live via phone or web chat, but that doesn't seem possible anymore. I can't even request support from help.microsoft.com. I put in my issues in the field, it gives me links...
  4. Endless restart Loop - win 10 will not update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Endless restart Loop - win 10 will not update: exact steps to install the update manually?Edition Windows 10 ProVersion 20H2Installed on ‎8/‎16/‎2020OS build 19042.867Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0...
  5. endless restart loop windows 10

endless restart loop windows 10: Nothing has worked. Checked multiple sources and tried turning my XPS laptop off 3 times, does not work. CTRL+ALT+DEL does not work. Windows key+R not work. Plugged in a separate keyboard nd it's still not working. I can't even get to a reboot page, nothing other than the...
  6. Windows 10 in endless loop of restarting

Windows 10 in endless loop of restarting: So today Windows forced me to update my PC out of nowhere and after 1 hour and 25% I restarted my PC to hopefully fix the issue of the speed. When it turned back on again it seems to be in this endless loop of: turn on>show bios and launch windows>tell me that it is undoing...
  7. Windows 10 stuck in endless update loop

Windows 10 stuck in endless update loop: Hi, I've had this issue for probably close to a year now. I've been hoping eventually one of the updates will fix the issue, but it never does. And what used to just happen once a month or so then became once a week, and now multiple times a day. If I'm not around to...
  8. Windows 10 updates fail, caught in endless loop

Windows 10 updates fail, caught in endless loop: My husbands has a Lenovo Idea pad 320 that came with Windows 10. It has never worked properly since he got it as it instantly needed Windows updates. The updates running in the background render the computer unusable and when they are downloaded, the screen goes black in...
  9. Windows 10 endless loop

Windows 10 endless loop: Hello, Windows 10 did its ordinary update by itself and after that my cpu run 100% all the time. So i decided to get it back to older version, but now my laptop is in endless loop. It is really frustrating. I can't do nothing except accessing to command line prompt when i...
  10. Endless start loop

Endless start loop: Have just installed 10 on a spare drive and installed that drive into my Sandy Bridge and the machine is now going through an endless loop of start up. I can hear it make some sort of noise as if something wants to go and I have again tried the machine with the old 7...