Windows 10: Windows 10 update error update the system reserved partition

Discus and support Windows 10 update error update the system reserved partition in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am having problems with an update to windows 10, I'm getting an error that says "We couldn't update the system reserved partition" The instructions... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MarkleyandLisaShelton, Mar 19, 2019.

1. Windows 10 update error update the system reserved partition

I am having problems with an update to windows 10, I'm getting an error that says "We couldn't update the system reserved partition" The instructions I'm seeing online seem very complicated to increase the partition can someone help.

:)

MarkleyandLisaShelton, Mar 19, 2019
  2. Anthony Gal, Mar 19, 2019
  3. We couldn't update the system reserved partition - Windows 10 1803 Updates won't install

The usual suggestion is to clean it out.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3086249/we-couldn-t-update-system-reserved-partition-error-installing-windows

Are you implying DISM is showing a message about bootmgr? What is the message exactly? You may need to use a different DISM syntax and point to a /source:

Otherwise it may be bogus. For a possibly related incident see

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update-winpc/windows-10-update-kb3213986-fails-repeatedly-with/46d9b1af-71a6-4d39-acaf-c3882047ac12

What are the details for that?

HTH

Robert Aldwinckle

---

Robert Aldwinckle on forums, Mar 19, 2019
  4. jimlau Win User

Windows 10 update error update the system reserved partition

Reserved Partition Error - Fix Doesn't Work

When I registered my Windows 10 and went for updates, I got the stated error message (couldn't update the system reserve partition). On Microsoft's site, they list the steps you need to take to rectify the error. I was simply trying to follow the instructions.

Apparently, I have insufficient space on the System Reserved partition.

jimlau, Mar 19, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 update error update the system reserved partition

1. Windows 10 update error update the system reserved partition - Similar Threads - update error update

2. Couldn't Update System Reserved Partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Couldn't Update System Reserved Partition: Every time I Try to Update, I Get the Error Message: We Couldn't Update the System Reserved Partition I tried Deleting My Fonts but It Still Shows the Error...
  3. Cant update the system reserved partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant update the system reserved partition: Initially when I upgraded to windows 11, I used to receive updates, after almost 6 months of use of windows 11 I am getting these type of issued while upgrading to the next version of windows. Please help me regarding this issue.I have uploaded the screenshots of windows...
  4. Windows could not update system reserved partition error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows could not update system reserved partition error: Hello Am currently doing windows 10 updates, windows is throwing a system reserved partition error. What is root cause of it and how can i resolve it. Attached is the snip of what windows update setting is showing.[ATTACH]...
  5. Windows 10 Update Error - "We couldn't update the system reserved partition".

Windows 10 Update Error - "We couldn't update the system reserved partition".: Hello, I am writing because I am trying to finish a Windows Update and I'm having a lot of problems getting it done. The error I keep getting is regarding the Partition and no matter what I do still gives me that error. I have done a fair bit of work already and I've come...
  6. Can't update system reserved partition.

Can't update system reserved partition.: I cant update windows. Every time I try I get the cant update system reserved partition error. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-update-system-reserved-partition/dfc732c2-5b49-43b0-afd9-62f6cbbd7aa8
  7. Windows 10 can't update system reserved partition; my system reserved partition is empty.

Windows 10 can't update system reserved partition; my system reserved partition is empty.: Hi, Trying to eliminate the freezing up problem with Windows 10. Recently noticed a key update KB3176938 has not been loaded to my system. In the settings, tried to update but got the message "Can't update the system reserved partition." OK, so poked around in Microsoft...
  8. Windows Update Error - Could Not Update System Reserved Partition

Windows Update Error - Could Not Update System Reserved Partition: I have been unable to update to the most recent version of windows 10 because whenever I click update an error pops up saying could not update system reserved partition. I think all I have to do is simply increase space in the partition but because the partition is a primary...
  9. Windows 10 Update can't update system reserved partition

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Update can't update system reserved partition: Hi: I looked for this issue in the forum, but didn't see anything; sorry if it's here and I missed it. I'm trying to update from 8.1 64-bit to 10 on my i7 24GB Toshiba laptop. I keep getting the message "Windows 10 couldn't be installed. We couldn't update the system...
  10. Windows 10 couldn't update system reserved partition

Windows 10 couldn't update system reserved partition: So I'm using win 7 at the moment and I want to upgrade for DX12 but anytime I try to it just says "We couldnt't update the system reserved partition" My reserved partition is 100mb and I know you need something like 350mb or something like that but I cant figure out how to...