Windows 10: Windows 10 Update, Errors, Auto scanning, Lost drive

Discus and support Windows 10 Update, Errors, Auto scanning, Lost drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi I have previously mentioned problem of incompatibility of window 10 and Intel N 7260 Wireless adapter. I have faced his problem around three... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MariaAnjum, Aug 9, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Update, Errors, Auto scanning, Lost drive

Hi

I have previously mentioned problem of incompatibility of window 10 and Intel N 7260 Wireless adapter. I have faced his problem around three years. No solutions worked from either side.

Microsoft could nothing explain why its update takes system o airplane mode and disable all options and blocks wireless connection to establish. Even after installation and clean installation nothing worked.

Now a few days back i was unable to copy a file from C drive OS drive o H drive a partition. then system started to suck along with continuous update of airplane mode.

After restart, system halted after login. and go into wait state. then i started to get end of process error. I pressed end, my desktop converted to black screen.

Next time, i did not end the process but screen was not responsive at all.

I restarted windows and it went into auto diagnosis and scanned my drives. I didnot know what it was doing. I just saw fixing volume volume no in three stages. It didn't tell me or ask for any option. right after boot this process started and finally i got message, scanning and repairing drive H.

After this, it went to login screen and after login same problem. I checked and drive H was formatted to raw and data was gone. Drive name was set to local drive by windows.

So i googled and get clean window install option. I did that for c drive os drive.

BUt

even after clean install, each time i start or restart system,

1 it takes ages with black start screen

2 it scans and repair h drive.

3 after login, i can do one task a a time with lots of wait and delay. at time end or process error

4 airplane mode update is back and disabling wifi access.

I have licensed version of window 10. System spects and storage is perfect.

Please share your answers. Please help me to understand why i lost my data of that drive when all other drives and partitions are here. Why window took this action itself.

I already feel that with window 10 user has less control on operations.

What I do now. Fix windows and get data back and airplane mode?

Waiting for your response.

PS: i have attached black screen and drive h scanning.Windows 10 Update, Errors, Auto scanning, Lost drive [​IMG]

Best

Maria

:)

MariaAnjum, Aug 9, 2020
  2. jsfitz54 Win User

Windows 10 Anniversary Update Issues

Problems with W10 Anniv auto update:

Mom's: (x58 Xeon 5677) Windows Defender was not turned back on automatically (it was "on" in the 1511 edition) and she had a Trojan. Full system scan to eradicate.
    Her Epson printer was knocked off, had to uninstall by Device Manager pull USB cable and reconnect cable. W10 did the rest.

Step-mom's: (HP pre built) Windows Defender not turned back on by default. Her USB Seagate Expansion Drive 2Tb was offline so all backup routines were halted. Had to rerun backup plan. Had her do a full virus scan.

Step-dad's: (Dell Optiplex tweaked upgrades) Windows Defender not turned back on by default. Full Scan.

jsfitz54, Aug 9, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Error: problem with this drive. Scan the drive now and fix it when connecting an HD drive

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To get a clear picture of the issue, we will need the following details:

• When exactly are you receiving the error message?
    • Have you tried connecting the drive to any other USB port?
    • Are you able to access the drive on any other computer?
    • What is the make and model of the computer and the HD drive?

In the meantime, I suggest you to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned below:

You can scan the drive for errors by following the steps mentioned below and see if that helps:

1. Press Windows key + E, to open
      File Explorer
    2. Click on This PC on the left pane.
    3. Right click on the HD Drive and select
      Properties.
    4. Click on Tools tab, under
      Error Checking
      click on Check. This will scan the drive for error and fix them.
    Note: If any bad sectors are found on the hard drive while Windows try to repair the sectors, data on the sectors might be lost.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Aug 9, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Update, Errors, Auto scanning, Lost drive

Windows 10 forced download

To stop the download, uninstall the KB3035583 update (under "Control Panel > Windows Update > Installed Updates").

To get rid of the C:\$Windows.~BT folder:
    • Right-click on your C: drive.
    • Select "Properties".
    • Click on [ Disk Cleanup ]
    • After the initial scan: If you have a [ Clean up system files ] button, click it and wait for the second scan to finish.
    • Scroll down the list and look for "Temporary Windows installation files" (its size should be in the gigabytes range); check the box.
    • Click on [ OK ] to start the clean-up.

Static~Charge, Aug 9, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Update, Errors, Auto scanning, Lost drive

1. Windows 10 Update, Errors, Auto scanning, Lost drive - Similar Threads - Update Errors Auto

2. Windows Defender Won't Auto-Update Definitions, No Options for Scheduling or Auto-Full Scan

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Won't Auto-Update Definitions, No Options for Scheduling or Auto-Full Scan: Hello. I see this question has been asked before by some users but they're always locked without resolution.Windows Defender at least on Windows 8.1 version is missing SO many important options. It claims it will auto-update definitions, but it never does. I always have to do...
  3. Scans lost.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Scans lost.: I can't find the documents I just scanned in my photo garden. Help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scans-lost/dff4d639-e638-4619-a879-9916997ef63c
  4. About scan drive errors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    About scan drive errors: i have lenovo ideapad 330 with windows 10 home. I get notification again and again about scan drive errors. What should i do please help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/about-scan-drive-errors/1ae13bb5-dc0c-480a-b2b0-bb99de9d57c7
  5. scanned docs lost

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    scanned docs lost: I've updated my printer and driver. I can print and scan but where are the docs?????????????? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scanned-docs-lost/691a6694-3442-4f1f-b76e-b0de0dda3b61
  6. "Scan drive for error" Windows 10 become unresponsive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    "Scan drive for error" Windows 10 become unresponsive: I've been facing this problem for the last 1 month, I have tried several things to fix this issue but its not working. My laptop becomes very very slow and unresponsive when the notification "scan drive for error" appear. I'm facing problem with Drive F which is not even the...
  7. Scan for drive errors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Scan for drive errors: I had recently experienced a problem with my device. I am unable to understand why it is happening. Initially i got a notification regarding the "scan drive for errors, restart to fix", when i restarted my device it says, repairing disk errors this might take over an hour to...
  8. Auto Update all is lost

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Auto Update all is lost: All my Docs and most apps are gone sense my PC automatic update. It did it last week and I was able to go to users folder and find everything https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/auto-update-all-is-lost/62acaead-e7d9-49f4-9924-ce7cb55595c1
  9. Auto Scan

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Auto Scan: W10 pc with 98 days to go on a Kaspersky 2-year subscription. Until about a month ago, I think, Kaspersky did a quick auto scan on any device that I connected via USB. It has stopped doing that and I can't find how to bring it back. Perhaps it does scan immediately but...
  10. Scan drive for errors

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Scan drive for errors: I keep getting a notification to scan drive for errors: [img] It says to "Click to start scan" and it does nothing. I ran Chkdsk /scan as stated in "Event Viewer" and rebooted, but the message does not go away; even after clearing, it comes back. 97759