Windows 10: Windows 10 update errors what do they mean and why is it so difficult fix them

Discus and support Windows 10 update errors what do they mean and why is it so difficult fix them in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Like most of you I have had my own share of problems and errors with Windows over the years, however I have usually found that by looking through the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Paul_Paros, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Windows 10 update errors what do they mean and why is it so difficult fix them

Like most of you I have had my own share of problems and errors with Windows over the years, however I have usually found that by looking through the logs and finding the problem a simple solution could be found to correct the problem using the cmd line to copy files/hives. Not so with Windows 10, it would seem a tool has been created to do everything apart from use the IT skills we have.

Everywhere on the forums people are asking what do all these error codes mean, sure it is great that their problems are being fixed, but it would be far better if in the future they could do it themselves and then pass the knowledge on.

How are you finding working with Windows 10 especially when it goes wrong

:)

Paul_Paros, Nov 5, 2018
  2. rtwjunkie Win User

FIXED!! Windows 7 sp1 never ends searching for updates

Yeah, I've been noting it for months on the refusenik thread. They do NOT want anything older than 10 running.

I still have an HTPC on W7, and every other month I have to fix the update agent in order to get all updates. SMH....

You provided a good step by step fix. I've bookmarked it for future reference.

rtwjunkie, Nov 5, 2018
  3. DRDNA Win User
    DRDNA, Nov 5, 2018
  4. Xzibit Win User

Windows 10 update errors what do they mean and why is it so difficult fix them

FIXED!! Windows 7 sp1 never ends searching for updates

Check the date on the one you thought it was. Nov 4 2015 <-That's not June

The rollup does contain the fix.

June 2016 update rollup for Windows 7 SP1 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1

June 21 2016

Windows Update Client for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2: June 2016

This update contains some improvements to Windows Update Client in Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1) and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1. This includes the following:
    • An optimization that addresses long scan time for updates that's reported on some computers.
    • Fix for a Windows Update error 0x8007000E on some computers while they are updating.
    • Some reliability improvements.

Xzibit, Nov 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 update errors what do they mean and why is it so difficult fix them

1. Windows 10 update errors what do they mean and why is it so difficult fix them - Similar Threads - update errors mean

2. Why do I get these exe errors and what do they mean?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do I get these exe errors and what do they mean?: I got this from my laptops assistant https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-i-get-these-exe-errors-and-what-do-they/7702ff51-266b-46bf-ab7d-d76b2f72a5c3
  3. Why do I get these exe errors and what do they mean?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why do I get these exe errors and what do they mean?: I got this from my laptops assistant https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-i-get-these-exe-errors-and-what-do-they/7702ff51-266b-46bf-ab7d-d76b2f72a5c3
  4. what do errors mean

what do errors mean: Would someone here please explain the errors with this code. It worked earlier but? ---------------------------------------- the code: <?php // including the database connection file include_once("config.php"); ?> <?php //getting id from url $id = $_GET['id']; //selecting...
  5. what does this error mean and how do i fix it

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    what does this error mean and how do i fix it: s[ATTACH]ee the end of this message for details on invoking just-in-time JIT debugging instead of this dialog box. ************** Exception Text ************** System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at...
  6. Daily errors what do they mean?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Daily errors what do they mean?: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM Date: 6/19/2020 8:54:52 AM Event ID: 10016 Task Category: None Level: Warning Keywords: Classic User: TIMS-PC\fourw Computer: TIMS-PC Description: The...
  7. What do these errors mean - and how do I get rid of them?

What do these errors mean - and how do I get rid of them?: What do these errors mean - and how do I get rid of them? [img] 137958
  8. Why do they make it so B****Y difficult

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Why do they make it so B****Y difficult: We can't activate Windows on this device because we can't connect to your organisations activation server. Make sure that you're connected to you're connected to your organisations Network and try again. If You continue having problems with activation, contact your...
  9. Why is windows 10 so difficult to understand

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why is windows 10 so difficult to understand: I would like to know why they made windows 10 so difficult to understand. my husband bought me a new laptop with that came with windows 10. His desktop has windows 7 ultimate and I find it very easy to understand. and are there any plans soon for a new and better system soon...
  10. What do these errors mean now

in Windows 10 Support
    What do these errors mean now: In the event manager DmWapPushService: Failed to register WNF with EventAggregator for WAP messages received by SMS Router. Result: (0xC0020036). Access to drivers on Windows Update was blocked by policy 63576