Windows 10: Windows 10 Update Facilitation Service

Discus and support Windows 10 Update Facilitation Service in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; A lightweight service for update facilitation in Windows 10. Ok so we have to have some kind of backdoor facility to control your OS from the update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Lotus Pack, Jan 10, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Update Facilitation Service

A lightweight service for update facilitation in Windows 10.

Ok so we have to have some kind of backdoor facility to control your OS from the update server.

This was accepted on installation with the need to update the OS because it always needs improvement especially when first released to the unsuspecting user.

However, I was forced to use Windows 10 because you make it very awkward to do otherwise. I use it on a company PC that runs CAD CAM software for engineering and any time the machine is down causes a high cost to the company. Every time there is an update I receive program KB4480966 which affects the CAD CAM application making it unusable. So I have to uninstall this program before we can use our application.

To honest, I feel that this program update facilitation is a back door program that should be set for manual use when needed.

I can see security compromised by having an open back door that is out of my control.

So my question is:

How do I save a lot of time & money by preventing the update for the program stated above?

Regards

Lotus Pack

:)

Lotus Pack, Jan 10, 2019
  2. dalchina Win User

KB4056254 facilitation service update for Windows 10 - June 14

Odd. This arrived on my 1709 on the 22nd.. but 1709 is not listed above. (16.299.492)

Windows 10 Update Facilitation Service [​IMG]

dalchina, Jan 10, 2019
  3. USwe Win User
    Windows 10 Update Facilitation Service is hacking

How exactly is a hidden backdoor install of "Windows 10 Update Facilitation Service" not a computer crime? This program was added without my permission and modified my computer.

If someone installed a program through a backdoor or exploit on "Microsoft" company servers wouldn't that be a crime?

I want to know how exactly to delete this new virus = Windows 10 Update Facilitation Service.

4. P83
    p83 Win User

Windows 10 Update Facilitation Service

KB4056254 facilitation service update for Windows 10 - June 14

I just recieved it as well and I'm on 1709 *sarc

Did you get KB4284822 (June 21, 2018)? WU doesn't seem to find it on my laptop.

Thema:

Windows 10 Update Facilitation Service

1. Windows 10 Update Facilitation Service - Similar Threads - Update Facilitation Service

2. Windows 10 Update Services Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Update Services Error: Hi,Recently, My Windows update started to show this image as seen below.My first idea was to go to Services ran as admin and try restarting the windows update services, it was disabled. I tried to put it to automatic but then it says "Access is Denied". Searched a lot online...
  3. Icon for restarting Win10 to facilitate updates

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icon for restarting Win10 to facilitate updates: When this icon appears, it displays a small circle in the corner--and my first thought was that the small circle told the user of the current need to restart. But when there is no need to restart, the icon does not appear at all! Is it not possible to have this or a similar...
  4. windows facilitation easier

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    windows facilitation easier: uders name could be changed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-facilitation-easier/605986c7-ae34-4ac9-b478-a0c6a8adf782"
  5. Windows 10 update service

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update service: Hi ya'll. i'm having a bit of trouble with windows 10 updates, i have an aspire all in one that i upgraded from windows 7 pro to windows 10 home with, and it has been fine until the recent version of the fast ring, which would be 18990 .1 and 18995.1, the updates download and...
  6. windows 10 update service

windows 10 update service: aloha, my windows update has suddenly quit working. ran the troubleshooter and it said it was all fixed except it still doesn't work. I searched a lot of threads on the subject but they all pertained to earlier versions of windows. any help would be greatly appreciated....
  7. windows 10 update facilitator

windows 10 update facilitator: Hi how do I remove windows 10 update facilitator from my tablet. Its a Pendo pad 10.1 2 in 1 and the update that is trying to be installed is not compatible with my device basically turns it into a paper weight so I can't use that version. Ive tried restoring my pc to a date...
  8. Windows 10 Update Facilitation Service is hacking

Windows 10 Update Facilitation Service is hacking: How exactly is a hidden backdoor install of "Windows 10 Update Facilitation Service" not a computer crime? This program was added without my permission and modified my computer. If someone installed a program through a backdoor or exploit on "Microsoft" company servers...
  9. Windows 10 update servicing cadence

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 update servicing cadence: I’ve heard from many of you that you’d like a primer on our monthly Windows 10 quality update servicing cadence and terminology. In response, I’d like to share our guiding principles, then dive into them further to provide context for the quality updates themselves. Guiding...
  10. KB4056254 facilitation service update for Windows 10 - June 14

in Windows 10 News
    KB4056254 facilitation service update for Windows 10 - June 14: Windows 10 update facilitation service Applies to: Windows 10 Summary This update includes a background service to facilitate Windows Update service on devices running Home or Pro Versions 1507, 1511, 1607, and 1703. This update includes files and resources to address...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 update facilitation service

2. windows update facilitation service

3. a lightweight service for update facilitation in windows 10 stop