Windows 10: Windows 10 update failed and now I can’t connect to internet over WiFi or through...

Discus and support Windows 10 update failed and now I can’t connect to internet over WiFi or through... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; have tried to do a factory reset and network reset - both have failed as well. troubleshooting diagnostic says ‘IP configuration is not valid’.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MayIreland, Sep 5, 2019.

1. Windows 10 update failed and now I can’t connect to internet over WiFi or through...

have tried to do a factory reset and network reset - both have failed as well. troubleshooting diagnostic says ‘IP configuration is not valid’. Microsoft support has been slow and sporadic... we have tried to install using usb stick, but that failed too. I have a Lenovo Yoga 720 and spoke to their support people, tried the pinhole reset and that didn’t work either. Anyone have ideas on what could be going wrong and have a fix for this? If so, please share! Cheers!

:)

MayIreland, Sep 5, 2019
  2. wabbles Win User

When will the wifi connectivity problems be solved?

OK, so the Windows 10 engineers bollixed up the wifi connectivity part of the operating system. Everybody knows that by now. It seems they are making some progress in resolving it. Now, instead of seeing "Secured, No Internet" on your list of wifi connections, you see "Connected, Secured" EXCEPT no webpages will load. So you really aren't connected. It does seem to be a step in the right direction. Does anybody know when they plan on a full and complete repair of this screw up of epic proportions?

wabbles, Sep 5, 2019
  3. jam0001 Win User
    Windows 10 update KB194496 disabled Wifi access to internet

Lenovo laptop did a Windows 10 update with KB3194496 last night/this morning. Afterwards the network/wifi said connected to AT&T router without internet access. However, the AT&T router said the Lenovo laptop was NOT connected. Two other PCs (a Windows
    & HP desktop and a Windows 10 HP laptop) were listed as connected and had Internet access.

Rebooted the AT&T Uverse router, same thing.

When I uninstalled KB3194496 and rebooted the laptop connected correctly to the router and internet. What is the problem with KB3194496 that disables wifi internet on my Lenovo laptop?

jam0001, Sep 5, 2019
  4. Windows 10 update failed and now I can’t connect to internet over WiFi or through...

Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Sep 5, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 update failed and now I can’t connect to internet over WiFi or through...

1. Windows 10 update failed and now I can’t connect to internet over WiFi or through... - Similar Threads - update failed can’t

2. Windows not connecting through WiFi to internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows not connecting through WiFi to internet: Today I got fiber Internet, and as recommended we got a new Wi-Fi router, it would connect to the Apple devices and Windows 7 but it kept saying there was no Internet connection. The installer made sure that there was Internet connection. We reinstalled the old Wi-Fi router...
  3. Windows not connecting through WiFi to internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows not connecting through WiFi to internet: Today I got fiber Internet, and as recommended we got a new Wi-Fi router, it would connect to the Apple devices and Windows 7 but it kept saying there was no Internet connection. The installer made sure that there was Internet connection. We reinstalled the old Wi-Fi router...
  4. Windows Crashed and now I can’t connect to wifi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Crashed and now I can’t connect to wifi: Was on my laptop and then windows crashed and said it was restarting, I didn’t write down what the error was in the bottom left. It then stayed at 0% for over an hour and so eventually I just forced a restart. Now when I turn it on it says no available connections and doesn’t...
  5. Windows Crashed and now I can’t connect to wifi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Crashed and now I can’t connect to wifi: Was on my laptop and then windows crashed and said it was restarting, I didn’t write down what the error was in the bottom left. It then stayed at 0% for over an hour and so eventually I just forced a restart. Now when I turn it on it says no available connections and doesn’t...
  6. Windows Crashed and now I can’t connect to wifi

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Not able to connect to the internet through WiFi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Not able to connect to the internet through WiFi: Good morning. Last night I was working by connecting the laptop to the internet through phone. All of a sudden it was disconnected and from that time I am not able to see the available devices in my network option. Only the Airplane mode is there. Please have a look:...
  8. Windows 10 “We can’t connect to the internet right now.”

Windows 10 “We can’t connect to the internet right now.”: I factory resetted my Dell Inspiron, and after it reset. I had to go through setup. It told me that “there’s a problem that’s keeping us from getting your PC ready to use, but we think an update will help things get working again.” I need to connect to the internet to...
  9. Failed Driver Update 19.51.12.3, can’t connect to Internet

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Failed Driver Update 19.51.12.3, can’t connect to Internet: Hello, I have a driver update that had failed repeatedly to upload and i canot connect to the internet. The error message i get when i check the update history on my computer is: Intel - net - 3/12/2018 12:00:00AM - 19.51.12.3 Failed to install on 8/9/2018 - 0x80246013...
  10. Internet connection randomly dropping through WiFi connection

Internet connection randomly dropping through WiFi connection: Dear all, I generally have good WiFI connection, but in two rooms so I am running a TP-Link system for Wifi through my powernet, which provides me with WiFI in our working space. No problems here. I have been noticing that on my laptop, when I sit in the living space, my...