Windows 10: Windows 10 update failed, laptop stuck in a loop rebooting

Discus and support Windows 10 update failed, laptop stuck in a loop rebooting in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi I attempted a Windows update yesterday, the update failed and now the laptop is stuck in a loop of briefly saying 'undoing changes' and rebooting.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by GranvilleR1, Apr 5, 2020.

1. Windows 10 update failed, laptop stuck in a loop rebooting

Hi

I attempted a Windows update yesterday, the update failed and now the laptop is stuck in a loop of briefly saying 'undoing changes' and rebooting.

I cannot access safe mode, tried F8, tried hard resetting 3 times. Tried hard reset 20 seconds and leaving for 10.

I have left the laptop on all day today to let it try and sort itself out, still no joy.

Seems to be fairly common but no fix.

Urgently need help

Thanks

:)

GranvilleR1, Apr 5, 2020

2. ##solved##stuck in the "failed to configure updates" reboot Loop. HELP me please

As the title says, my nephews PC is stuck in the Reboot "failed to configure updates" loop. Safe mode DOESNT help, it just keeps looping. anyone have a Solution for this?

Windows 7

i dont know the update, its a dell optiplex 7010

jboydgolfer, Apr 5, 2020
  3. TeXBill Win User
    ##solved##stuck in the "failed to configure updates" reboot Loop. HELP me please

Disable the anti virus. I had a couple of computers do the same thing. I disabled the anti virus and it went ahead and did the updates.

TeXBill, Apr 5, 2020
  4. Windows 10 update failed, laptop stuck in a loop rebooting

Laptop stuck in endless reboot loop when updating from win 8.1 to 10

I have an HP Stream 7 which was running 8.1. I have tried to update to Windows 10 through the update app, this seemed to download and run ok until it came to a point and is now stuck in a reboot loop. The laptop starts up, flashes
    through a couple of quick screens, the first with a blank window, then one with the message "attempting to recover installation" and finally with the message "Restoring your previous version of Windows...". It stays on this for around 5 mins then reboots and
    goes through the cycle again.

The whole thing seems to be stuck between failing to install 10 correctly and failing to restore to 8.1 and as such won't boot at all. Can anyone suggest anything I can do to get it t try to get round this?

Any help gratefully received.

AnthonySlade, Apr 5, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 update failed, laptop stuck in a loop rebooting

1. Windows 10 update failed, laptop stuck in a loop rebooting - Similar Threads - update failed laptop

2. Laptop stuck in reboot loop on windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop stuck in reboot loop on windows 10: Hi!This morning I opened my laptop and it froze, so I forced shut it down by holding the power button.I pressed the power button again to start it up but it’s stuck in a restart/reboot loop. Just acer screen -> preparing to configure windows do not restart -> restarting.I’ve...
  3. Laptop stuck in reboot loop on windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop stuck in reboot loop on windows 10: Hi!This morning I opened my laptop and it froze, so I forced shut it down by holding the power button.I pressed the power button again to start it up but it’s stuck in a restart/reboot loop. Just acer screen -> preparing to configure windows do not restart -> restarting.I’ve...
  4. Laptop stuck in reboot loop on windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. windows 10 stuck in reboot loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 stuck in reboot loop: Please provide specific instructions to correct this issue. without removing or losing files. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-stuck-in-reboot-loop/cf20d13b-5ab3-4200-a7db-d22c90963eca
  6. windows 10 stuck in reboot loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 stuck in reboot loop: Please provide specific instructions to correct this issue. without removing or losing files. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-stuck-in-reboot-loop/cf20d13b-5ab3-4200-a7db-d22c90963eca
  7. windows 10 stuck in reboot loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Computer Stuck In Reboot Loop After Failed Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer Stuck In Reboot Loop After Failed Windows 10 Update: I had a Windows 10 update on my computer yesterday and it couldn't complete fully. After, it was stuck on a blank screen, so I shut the power off on my computer. This caused my computer to restart over and over again. It will show the windows logo then showing on my screen...
  9. Stuck in a reboot loop after windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stuck in a reboot loop after windows 10 update: My Lenovo laptop is stuck in a loop after trying to install a windows 10 update. The Lenovo icon comes on, then the spinning wheel then Attempting to..... then Restoring from previous version... then the Lenovo icon etc. I have tried leaving the machine run doing this for...
  10. my laptop is stuck in a rebooting loop:(

in Windows 10 Support
    my laptop is stuck in a rebooting loop:(: [img] [img] It keeps going back and forth between the 2 screens and I cant get into safe mode by tapping F12. don't know what to do. please help. One of my friend said it might not be a software problem 54377