Windows 10: Windows 10 update failed, now laptop extremely slow

Discus and support Windows 10 update failed, now laptop extremely slow in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I have already posted a similar question to this which was a while ago but I am still in need of assistance. My laptop is extremely slow after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by LakotaH, Oct 10, 2018.

1. LakotaH Win User

Windows 10 update failed, now laptop extremely slow

Hello,

I have already posted a similar question to this which was a while ago but I am still in need of assistance. My laptop is extremely slow after it failed updating Windows 10. I do not know what solutions to try. I attempted doing a Clean Install, but was just met with frustration from me not completely understanding what steps to take and the snail-like speed of my laptop. I am just considering taking the laptop to a place to have it fixed, but it seems like a lot of money I hope I dont need to spend.

Thank you

:)

LakotaH, Oct 10, 2018

2. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Oct 10, 2018
  3. jds21 Win User
    Windows Updates failed to instal

I just did step one and they have just all installed.... thank you so much.... it was quite frustrating having that update window pop up every 5 minutes and failing to instal every time

Thanks mate

jds21, Oct 10, 2018
  4. AlPearce Win User

extremely slow laptop after september 2017 update on windows 10

I always tried to avoid windows updates but it was bugging me for a "critical update" for three straight days and I finally caved in. Took almost an hour for the computer to restart multiple times and it was finally done by 10:30 at night. I tried to
    start the computer this morning, it was extremely slow to boot. The Dell logo popped up then the screen reminded black for a few minutes. I thought something was wrong with my computer so I restarted it, same issue. I had to walk away from the laptop and
    came back later. It finally started up but it was extremely slow at every freakin' step. I can't believe I fell for this "critical update" scare tactic. It's critical all right and now I have to spend hours on finding a fix for this stupid problem. Thank
    you Microsoft for making my Christmas merry.

AlPearce, Oct 10, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 update failed, now laptop extremely slow - Similar Threads - update failed laptop

2. Updated to Windows 11 and now computer is extremely slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updated to Windows 11 and now computer is extremely slow: I have just upgraded to Windows 11 Version H21H2 and now my system has become extremely slow. When I try to open a site, it takes quite a while for it to open. When I try to download a file, it's a long delay. I did not have this problem before the update. Do I need to roll...
  3. Updated to Windows 11 and now computer is extremely slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Updated to Windows 11 and now computer is extremely slow: I have just upgraded to Windows 11 Version H21H2 and now my system has become extremely slow. When I try to open a site, it takes quite a while for it to open. When I try to download a file, it's a long delay. I did not have this problem before the update. Do I need to roll...
  4. Laptop going extremely slow

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop going extremely slow: So recently i updated my laptop It's Windows 10 Home Edition x64 and it was fast for the first day I updated, I uninstalled some unused programs, and then i try to create a ZIP folder, and explorer.exe crashes, which then i had to open task manager and start it again. But...
  5. Updated windows 10 and now my laptop is being extremely slow. [Dell latitude e7240]

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Updated windows 10 and now my laptop is being extremely slow. [Dell latitude e7240]: I know fuck all about this so I’m not sure if it’s my laptop or windows. But if anyone knows how to make it less slow that would rlly help. I have 8gb RAM. Edit: the sound is also fucked making it sound like the audio is being paused and unpaused really fast. I’ve tried...
  6. laptop running extremely slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    laptop running extremely slow: The current format of Microsoft 10 running on the laptop is so large that it takes up 90% of the available data of the computer and severely slows it down. Is there a smaller laptop version I can run or a deferent operation IOS that would be more suitable for a computer with...
  7. Laptop Extremely Slow after a Windows 10 update

Laptop Extremely Slow after a Windows 10 update: Happened on March 14, 2019 Was going to shut down my laptop and one of the buttons was "update and shutdown." I haven't experienced problems in the past updates of win 10 so I let it update. The next day, it took 10 minutes for my pc to start up, refreshing took a whole...
  8. Windows 10 extremely slow after failed update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 extremely slow after failed update: i am getting overwhemled trying to solve this problem, and I dont know what route to take to try and fix my laptop. It is running very slowly making any attempt to fix it a long process. I do not know what is causing this so i do not know how to attempt to fix it. The issues...
  9. Windows 10 extremely slow after failed update

Windows 10 extremely slow after failed update: i am getting overwhemled trying to solve this problem, and I dont know what route to take to try and fix my laptop. It is running very slowly making any attempt to fix it a long process. I do not know what is causing this so i do not know how to attempt to fix it. The issues...
  10. Laptop extremely slow

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop extremely slow: Hello, I have had my lap top (make, model and specs in my system details) since Feb, and recently it has become very slow when starting up. Also after start-up it can take time for programs to load. I have taken a trace using Windows Assessment Toolkit which is here...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. do i update KB4493509