Windows 10: Windows 10 Update failed to finish installation multiple times

Discus and support Windows 10 Update failed to finish installation multiple times in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hey, so I'm not sure if I am the only one experiencing this particular problem, but this update has popped up, about 5 months ago I think. I'm sure its... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MCKillerZ27, Dec 20, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Update failed to finish installation multiple times

Hey, so I'm not sure if I am the only one experiencing this particular problem, but this update has popped up, about 5 months ago I think. I'm sure its a big update, because I can still shutdown my laptop, even without going through the whole update if I wanted to.

So 5 months ago, this update showed up, and I proceeded with the update. Took about 3 hours total. My laptop basically restarts a few times as it says on the installation menu, and at one time, it shuts down, without restarting itself. So I had to turn my laptop on again, thinking that the update is completed, but nope, still updating apparently. So I kept waiting until eventually it "successfully" installed the update. Now if I recall, every time Windows 10 gets an update, it shows me a text saying "We've successfully installed new updates.", "We'll walk you through all of it.", etc. After that it finally showed my desktop, and giving me a notification of what's changed and what's new. But for this update, it doesn't show me any of those texts, instead it directly goes to my desktop, which is normal in a way, and giving me a notification saying "We couldn't finish installing updates".

At this stage, my laptop doesn't prompt me to restart for an update, so I assumed the update was installed. Fast forward a few weeks later, this same update pops up, prompting me to restart so it can install the updates. So I did the whole update process again, same things happened, and eventually thought that it's finally done. Nope, still happening few weeks later again. At this point, I kept thinking whether my laptop didn't get an internet connection during the update, or if there really is something interfering with the whole update process.

So the question is, what's causing this? Is it my error that's causing this update to, NOT update?? Or is there something interrupting the whole update installation? Looking forward for answers and solutions. Thanks.

P.S: Yes, my laptop wants me to update again just a couple days ago, and so I did. And as of typing in this question, my laptop wanted me to update AGAIN 3 hours prior. This is after said update.

:)

MCKillerZ27, Dec 20, 2019
  2. jds21 Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I just did step one and they have just all installed.... thank you so much.... it was quite frustrating having that update window pop up every 5 minutes and failing to instal every time

Thanks mate

jds21, Dec 20, 2019
  3. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Dec 20, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Update failed to finish installation multiple times

Windows 10 Updates fails to install even after multiple attempts.

Checking for updates after following the steps, Will inform on the progress of the update process and whether this solves it or nope. Thank you for the suggestion.

[Update]
    The Trick didn't work.

Windows 10 Update failed to finish installation multiple times [​IMG]

Windows 10 Update failed to finish installation multiple times [​IMG]

The Security Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3074681) which was available, failed to install. And the same story again..

Shadow Delta, Dec 20, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Update failed to finish installation multiple times

1. Windows 10 Update failed to finish installation multiple times - Similar Threads - Update failed finish

2. Feature update to Windows 10, version 20H2 failed to install multiple times

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Feature update to Windows 10, version 20H2 failed to install multiple times: I keeps updating then installing and then failing idk what to do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/feature-update-to-windows-10-version-20h2-failed/e7060fff-a4af-43df-aed0-5388b0e819f6
  3. Windows Update fails multiple times

Windows Update fails multiple times: I have attempted to install updates several times.Update 2021-05 W10V1909x64 based system KB4023057Consistently stops updating at 61%HOW CAN I CORRECT THIS TO GET A PROPERLY UPDATED SYSTEM...
  4. Feature update to Windows 10, version 20H2 failed to install - multiple times

Feature update to Windows 10, version 20H2 failed to install - multiple times: Feature update to Windows 10, version 20H2 and version 2004 failed to install - multiple timeserror 0xc1900101I tried this https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 but didn't got anything just showing blank screen Please help me to fix this issue...
  5. Update Failed 0x800707e7 Multiple times

Update Failed 0x800707e7 Multiple times: Hi,For the past few months I've been trying to update Windows. I have two user profiles in my computer- Administrator which I don't use much and the other PC10 my main user with my data. It installs the update and shows the message to restart the computer to apply the...
  6. Feature update to Windows 10, version 20H2 failed to install - multiple times

Feature update to Windows 10, version 20H2 failed to install - multiple times: I have been trying to install this update at least 20-30 times. It will not install. I have tried everything turn off antivirus, firewall, disconnect all peripherals with no success. The whole install/ uninstall process takes about 10 minutes every single time. It is driving...
  7. Windows 2004 update failed - Could not finish the installation

Windows 2004 update failed - Could not finish the installation: Windows 2004 update failed and now Windows will not start, only shows a message - Could not finish the installation. [img] My own translation: "Could not finish the installation. If you want to install Windows on your computer, you can run the installer again." I don't...
  8. Windows 10 Installation Media Fail To Finish Booting

Windows 10 Installation Media Fail To Finish Booting: I ran into a problem after the last update to my Windows 10 1903 installation - computer failed to reach the login screen and got stuck with the background wallpaper halfway displayed - very blurred. Anyway, I tried repairing the startup files, but Windows reported that it...
  9. Win 10 update multiple install fails.

Win 10 update multiple install fails.: I keep getting the error 0x80073712 when Win updates tries to install KB4343909. The install has failed for many days now. What should I do?...
  10. updates to pc failed multiple times

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    updates to pc failed multiple times: i think its because i chose to have notifications off...? but anyways, i see recent updates list show multiple updates for various programs that failed to update. an hour ago, i tried running "windows10upgrade.exe" and it too failed. i see there are updates that look like...