Windows 10: Windows 10 Update Fails Every Time

Discus and support Windows 10 Update Fails Every Time in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Windows 10 Home x64 v1607 14393.2189 = have attempted to update numerous times. The update error log is filled with: "2020/01/11 00:32:12.2003310 440... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by langrh, Apr 7, 2020.

1. langrh Win User

Windows 10 Update Fails Every Time

Windows 10 Home x64 v1607 14393.2189 = have attempted to update numerous times. The update error log is filled with:

"2020/01/11 00:32:12.2003310 440 3840 DownloadManager Regulation: {9482F4B4-E343-43B6-B170-9A65BC822C77} - Update CA38610D-7A61-418A-B688-C999EC4D5AE5 is PerUpdate" regulated and CANNOT download. Sequence 1619 vs AcceptRate 0."

2020/01/11 00:32:12.2004266 440 3840 DownloadManager Update {CA38610D-7A61-418A-B688-C999EC4D5AE5}.202 is not allowed to download due to service regulation."

Result is the same if using Windows update or downloading the full 1909 installation package and running off USB. I haven't resorted yet to do a full Windows fresh re-install, as I'd prefer to avoid that route if possible. I suspect that the problem may be related to moving some of the User files off of C: SSD to a 2nd installed disk, but unable to verify or know which ones. Suggestions/solution welcome =- thanks.

:)

langrh, Apr 7, 2020
  2. jds21 Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I just did step one and they have just all installed.... thank you so much.... it was quite frustrating having that update window pop up every 5 minutes and failing to instal every time

Thanks mate

jds21, May 25, 2020
  3. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, May 25, 2020
  4. AsRock Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, May 25, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Update Fails Every Time - Similar Threads - Update Fails Every

2. Windows 10 update fails every time

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update fails every time: I cannot upgrade my computer from Windows 10 version 20H2 to version 21H1. I have wasted several days of my time struggling with updates that keep downloading. I have tried all the suggestions. Nothing works. The most maddening thing is that even when I use a USB drive or ISO...
  3. Windows 10 update fails every time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 update fails every time: I cannot upgrade my computer from Windows 10 version 20H2 to version 21H1. I have wasted several days of my time struggling with updates that keep downloading. I have tried all the suggestions. Nothing works. The most maddening thing is that even when I use a USB drive or ISO...
  4. Windows 10 update fails every time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 update fails every time

Windows 10 update fails every time: I need to hear from someone with regard to how to hire Microsoft to make my computer update from Windows 10 version 1803 to version 1909. I have wasted six months of my time wrestling with updates that keep downloading, forcing me to spend hours waiting to see if they will...
  6. Windows Update failing to install every time

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Update failing to install every time: hello,i've been stuck in a sort of download - update - update fails - and so on ''Loop'' my laptop is running windows 10 version 1803 and i've tried updating to 1903 or 1909 many times now but when ever i restart my pc to start the update process it takes around 30 minutes...
  7. 1909 Update Fails Every Time

1909 Update Fails Every Time: My laptop wants me to install the 1909 update, but it fails every time I try. It gets all the way through the configuring process, but does a hard crash before it even gets to 3% during install. For a while, my Windows was letting me shutdown my laptop without trying the...
  8. windows 10 update failed (every time) kb4100347

windows 10 update failed (every time) kb4100347: Hi, im constantly getting asked to update my machine (i usually keep it updated. but the past few months ive been getting "update failed" on startup. its starting to get really annoying. from my update history it looks like kb4100347 but i cannot find any info on these...
  9. Windows 10 update fails every time

Windows 10 update fails every time: One day Windows 10 was updating (I have version 1607) and my computer shut off during the update. I got into a reboot loop which i luckily got out of by using some commands and booting Windows from a usb. Since then, every single day, Windows tries updating and gets an error....
  10. Windows updates fail every time

Windows updates fail every time: I'm using windows 10 version 1511 and i've been havin problems updating windows. Tried troubleshooting but it couldn't work. I also kept receiving the error code'800272ee2' when it's halfway updating. Pls help....