Windows 10: Windows 10 Update fails repeatedly

Discus and support Windows 10 Update fails repeatedly in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So far, updating Windows 10 has failed 15 times, generating different error codes. I have tried everything on the Microsoft website to fix the problem... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RickNShea, Oct 3, 2019.

1. RickNShea Win User

Windows 10 Update fails repeatedly

So far, updating Windows 10 has failed 15 times, generating different error codes. I have tried everything on the Microsoft website to fix the problem – Update Troubleshooter, Update Assistant, running the sfc and dism tools, downloading the latest SSU, cleaning up my hard disk, running chkdsk, downloading the most recent KB, updating all my drivers, used WMC to perform an in-place upgrade and also to reinstall Windows, doing a clean boot, uninstalling my third party antivirus software (which itself was and adventure, because Windows would not uninstall it and the vendor’s local uninstall program would not work either, I had to download an uninstall utility from the vendor), and two of your technicians have taken control of my computer remotely to perform some fixes which still are not working. And I may have missed a few other things that I have tried. This has taken hours of my own time and is likely wearing out my hard drive, all for a process which is supposed to be automatic.

At times, I am told that I am updating from 1803 to 1809, and at other times I am told that I am updating from 1803 to 1903 – seemingly at random. In every case, the update downloads and appears to install, but fails at about the 60% point in the configuration process.

I wouldn’t have worried about this, except that Windows Update is constantly telling me that support for my version of Windows will end shortly.

Can anyone there fix this for me?

Rick

SRX1484398982ID

:)

RickNShea, Oct 3, 2019

2. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Oct 3, 2019
  3. jds21 Win User
    Windows Updates failed to instal

I just did step one and they have just all installed.... thank you so much.... it was quite frustrating having that update window pop up every 5 minutes and failing to instal every time

Thanks mate

jds21, Oct 3, 2019
  4. RotatorVY Win User

Windows 10 1703 repeatedly fails

Windows 10 1703 repeatedly fails to install with a suggested code 0x800705b4. Please advise the way to correct.

RotatorVY, Oct 3, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Update fails repeatedly - Similar Threads - Update fails repeatedly

2. Windows 10 feature update repeatedly fails

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 feature update repeatedly fails: Sony Vaio 64 bit laptop running Windows 10. Windows feature update repeatedly failing and retrying so laptop virtually unusable. Update files seem to be downloaded OK, Install seems to complete however when restarted the process fails and undoes updates. Error code...
  3. Windows 10 feature update repeatedly fails

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 feature update repeatedly fails: Sony Vaio 64 bit laptop running Windows 10. Windows feature update repeatedly failing and retrying so laptop virtually unusable. Update files seem to be downloaded OK, Install seems to complete however when restarted the process fails and undoes updates. Error code...
  4. Windows 10 Update repeatedly failing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Update repeatedly failing: trying to install KB5010342 and keep getting the error message: "Some update files are missing or have problems. We'll try to download the update again later. Error code: 0x8007000d'After doing some research, I have run the additional troubleshooter within Security and...
  5. Windows 10 Update repeatedly failing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Update repeatedly failing: trying to install KB5010342 and keep getting the error message: "Some update files are missing or have problems. We'll try to download the update again later. Error code: 0x8007000d'After doing some research, I have run the additional troubleshooter within Security and...
  6. Windows 10 Update repeatedly failing

7. Repeated Windows 10 Failed Update 1903

Repeated Windows 10 Failed Update 1903: My computer has twice now forced me to attempt to install Windows 1903 and both times it took an inexplicably long time to fail (not cool Microsoft, not that I can officially complain to you, you don't allow that option). The error message it gave me was 0xc1900101 which a...
  8. Windows update Failing repeatedly

Windows update Failing repeatedly: 2019-09 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1903 for x64-based Systems (KB4524147) - Error 0x800f090 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-failing-repeatedly/fc794088-c54e-43fa-994d-82e2b200b3f5
  9. Windows update repeatedly failing

Windows update repeatedly failing: Hello, I have browsed the internet for a while now and it's clear to me that many people have had issues regarding this topic. However, I have been experiencing this issue for quite a long time and I have despite all my efforts not been able to resolve the issue nor...
  10. Windows Repeatedly Fails To Update

Windows Repeatedly Fails To Update: So this issue has been occurring for a while now, where Windows will download an update (2018-08 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1803 for x64-based Stystems (KB4343909)) and time and time again, when my computer starts up from being shutdown or reset, the progress...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. *failed* [8024000c] loadhistoryeventfromregistry completed

2. windows 10 update fails repeatedly

3. windows 10 upgrade 1909 fails repeatedly

4. windows 10 update 1903 fails repeatedly