Windows 10: Windows 10 update fails with error about iastora.sys , even after uninstalling rapid intel...

Discus and support Windows 10 update fails with error about iastora.sys , even after uninstalling rapid intel... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I tried to fix this by uninstalling the program, but get the same error. I manually installed the media creation update checker, and it still shows the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MorgothBauglir89898989, Aug 6, 2019.

1. Windows 10 update fails with error about iastora.sys , even after uninstalling rapid intel...

I tried to fix this by uninstalling the program, but get the same error. I manually installed the media creation update checker, and it still shows the same problem.

Mind you, it takes an hour do download everytime.

Any ideas on how to manually install this latest update?

(Windows 10, version 1903)

:)

MorgothBauglir89898989, Aug 6, 2019

2. Update to Windows 10 1903 requires updated Intel Rapid Storage Technologies

Hi Maurice,

I have got the same problem as you, so :

1. I have uninstalled Intel RST
    2. Renamed the four files iaStor*.sys
    3. Installed the windows 10 update
    4. Installed the last Intel RST (Downloads for Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST))
    This works for me.

Regards

MarcelCornichon, Aug 6, 2019
  3. update windows 10, intel rapid issue

Hi David

My name is Andre Da Costa; an Independent Consultant, Windows Insider MVP and Windows & Devices for IT MVP. I'm here to help you with your problem.

Uninstall the current version of Intel RST

Rename the four files iaStor*.sys

Install Windows 10 1903

Install the last Intel RST (https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/55005/...)

Andre for Directly, Aug 6, 2019
  4. Windows 10 update fails with error about iastora.sys , even after uninstalling rapid intel...

update windows 10, intel rapid issue

I uninstalled and reinstalled the intel rapid storage to the latest version and I still get the error message when trying to update to windows 10 1903. I don't know how to fix this

davidweaver4, Aug 6, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 update fails with error about iastora.sys , even after uninstalling rapid intel...

1. Windows 10 update fails with error about iastora.sys , even after uninstalling rapid intel... - Similar Threads - update fails error

2. How to uninstall or disable Intel Rapid Storage Technology?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to uninstall or disable Intel Rapid Storage Technology?: I have RAID off and I want to dual-boot Linux with Windows. So I need to turn RST off. How can I do it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-uninstall-or-disable-intel-rapid-storage/d6d397c9-866b-4a09-9784-8b3af1127565
  3. Fast Question about Intel Rapid Storage ?

Fast Question about Intel Rapid Storage ?: Fast Question about Intel Rapid Storage ? I know it is for raid and I dont have any Raid Setup But I do have 2 Big SSDs one for windows and game and the other is less then a month old ssd for backups but ever sines I Installed this Rapid Storage When the app starts i get...
  4. Fast Question about Intel Rapid Storage ?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Fast Question about Intel Rapid Storage ?: Fast Question about Intel Rapid Storage ? I know it is for raid and I dont have any Raid Setup But I do have 2 Big SSDs one for windows and game and the other is less then a month old ssd for backups but ever sines I Installed this Rapid Storage When the app starts i get...
  5. Windows Update and Intel Rapid Storage Tech incompatibility

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update and Intel Rapid Storage Tech incompatibility: Windows Update can not complete the latest update because my Intel RST driver is a lower version than the latest update requires. I went to the Intel driver site and later versions are available for download. However, the Intel site cautioned that best practice dictates...
  6. Windows 10 Update Intel Rapid Storage Technology Error

Windows 10 Update Intel Rapid Storage Technology Error: I am trying to update my laptop to Windows 10 version 1903, but I keep getting an error about my Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver being incompatible. I have tried to install a newer version, but it does not seem to change anything. When I attempt to download and install...
  7. update windows 10, intel rapid issue

update windows 10, intel rapid issue: I uninstalled and reinstalled the intel rapid storage to the latest version and I still get the error message when trying to update to windows 10 1903. I don't know how to fix this...
  8. Windows 10 update fails with error about iastora.sys after upgrading to recommended Intel...

Windows 10 update fails with error about iastora.sys after upgrading to recommended Intel...: I'm attempting to update Windows 10 to 1903. The update failed with the error message "The inbox storage driver iastora.sys doesn't work on these systems and causes stability problems on Windows. Check with your software/driver provider for an updated version that runs on...
  9. Intel Rapid Storage Technology (RST) install fails

Intel Rapid Storage Technology (RST) install fails: the latest F6 zip file on the intel site has under platforms supported "7th Generation Intel® Core™ Processor Family Platform I/O SATA AHCI/RAID Controller". thats my processor so it should work?
  10. Windows 10 and Intel Rapid Storage Technology

Windows 10 and Intel Rapid Storage Technology: First off, Does RST work with Windows 10? I can install it and open it, I just don't see the Accelerate option Asus G750JW, HM87 Chipset 1TB HDD boot drive installed a 60GB SSD that I want to use Intel's RST for SSD caching I've tried about 5 different solutions...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how do i update iastora.sys so i can update windows 10