Windows 10: Windows 10 Update failure and error

Discus and support Windows 10 Update failure and error in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Windows 10 upgrade to 1903 gives a "Windows could not configure one or more system components. To install Windows, restart the computer and then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Secret Keeper0, Jan 17, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Update failure and error

Windows 10 upgrade to 1903 gives a "Windows could not configure one or more system components. To install Windows, restart the computer and then restart the installation." This has happened 4 times, all at 60%, with Microsoft Reps aiding me in two. They say that I have to do a full reset but I have almost 3TB of stuff on here that I cannot move or let get deleted. There has to be another way around this. Anyone got anything?

:)

Secret Keeper0, Jan 17, 2020

2. Windows 8 failure configuring updates and reverting

I agree 8 is awful! It's not for me though... I replaced a broken screen in a Win 8 laptop that was given to me and I am going to give it for free to someone that can't afford one so they can do homework at home. Yes I took it from 8 to 8.1 back on 10/09/2014. This is what I posted there...

"Great post! I found a similar one. I would like to point out that you may want to edit your OP...

1. Step 1 should read to disable AUTOMATIC updates, not disable manual updates.

2. KB2871398 should really read KB2871389

I would like to say that KB2917499 may also be needed as it was in my case. I also had to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter after installing those 2 updates. After these steps I was able to begin my 8.1 download from the Microsoft store. I don't know if it made a difference or not, but I also went into the Bios and disabled "Secure Boot."

It was a helpful post. Thanks!

BlackHawk1, Jan 17, 2020
  3. DRDNA Win User
    DRDNA, Jan 17, 2020
  4. Silvero Win User

Windows 10 Update failure and error

Windows 10 Update C1900101-30018 Error

Hello, I am trying to update from Windows 8 to Windows 10 directly from notifications but I am getting this error after the setup is completed. I am getting this error after: C1900101-30018 Error

Error: https://postimg.org/image/m146zmpav/
    Notification upgrade: https://postimg.org/image/l2mwuhyn5/

Any help would be appreciated *Smile Windows 10 Update failure and error :) Thank you.

Silvero, Jan 17, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Update failure and error

1. Windows 10 Update failure and error - Similar Threads - Update failure error

2. Windows update failure. ntdll.dll failure at wuauclt.exe. error 0x8007000d

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update failure. ntdll.dll failure at wuauclt.exe. error 0x8007000d: Continued from this post as no one is answering my replies. Putting a new post hoping someone else can help.I decided to try again. But this time with the event viewer on to diagnose. What I got along with the standard "Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the...
  3. Windows update failure. ntdll.dll failure at wuauclt.exe. error 0x8007000d

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update failure. ntdll.dll failure at wuauclt.exe. error 0x8007000d: Continued from this post as no one is answering my replies. Putting a new post hoping someone else can help.I decided to try again. But this time with the event viewer on to diagnose. What I got along with the standard "Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the...
  4. Windows 10 Update failure + Update Troubleshooter failure - UPDATE

Windows 10 Update failure + Update Troubleshooter failure - UPDATE: After almost 2 hours, the blue screen cleared and I was able to login to my laptop.However, the Windows 10 Update DOES NOT WORK - I have no idea what the Update Troubleshooter did or didn’t do to my system in the past 2 hours.I still CANNOT Update Windows 10, the latest...
  5. Windows 10 Update failure + Update Troubleshooter failure

Windows 10 Update failure + Update Troubleshooter failure: Windows 10 Update failure - now all I have are Update Error 0x800f0831 AND now after running the Update Troubleshooter as recommended by Microsoft a blue screen with the message “Getting Windows ready Don’t turn off you computer” for the last 60+ minutes on a frozen laptop.I...
  6. Windows 10 update error and failure

Windows 10 update error and failure: The Windows 10 update to 1909 offers "Windows was unable to configure one or more system components. To install Windows, restart the computer and then restart the installation." This has happened 4 times, all at 80%. They say I have to do a full reboot, but I have almost 2TB...
  7. Windows 10 Update Failure

Windows 10 Update Failure: I have three machines running Windows 10. The latest security update processed fine on two. The third has been stuck on the "Restarting" screen for over twelve hours. Tried CTRL-ALT-DEL and it displayed 0% Complete, ran up to 30% Complete, then returned to "Restarting"...
  8. Windows 10 Update failure

Windows 10 Update failure: Windows 10 Update fails with code 0x80240fff tried troubleshooter and that didn't work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-update-failure/325c4ead-edd2-4e0f-8ebc-e39d205c3b65
  9. Windows 10 Update failure

Windows 10 Update failure: Feature update to Windows 10, version 1909 - Error 0x800f0986 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-update-failure/04bc6825-67bc-47d5-ab15-25de4b808f33
  10. Windows 10 Update Failure - Error 0x80070643

Windows 10 Update Failure - Error 0x80070643: I cannot run windows update without it failing with error Error 0x80070643. This appears to also be blocking other installations (I tried to install Google Backup and Sync and got an installer error). Things I've tried: * Windows Update troubleshooter...