Windows 10: Windows 10 update fixes performance issues, audio, and taskbar problems

Discus and support Windows 10 update fixes performance issues, audio, and taskbar problems in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft’s latest Windows 10 cumulative updates have been causing more problems than they fixed. Thankfully, Windows 10’s July 2021 update has finally... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Jul 15, 2021.

1. WinLatest New Member

Windows 10 update fixes performance issues, audio, and taskbar problems

Microsoft’s latest Windows 10 cumulative updates have been causing more problems than they fixed. Thankfully, Windows 10’s July 2021 update has finally addressed critical bugs reported this year.

Microsoft has fixed three Windows 10 issues: Weird audio glitch, broken taskbar icons or system tray buttons and FPS or general performance issues when playing games. These issues were first reported earlier this year and temporary workarounds were offered by Microsoft.

Back in April, users complained about reduced FPS (framerates) and poor performance after installing the KB5001330 update for Windows 10 version 2004 and newer. After the bug was widely reported, Microsoft acknowledged that a small subset of users can experience lower than expected performance in games.

An emergency server-side patch was immediately issued, but it failed to fully patch the performance issues in supported versions of Windows. With Windows 10 July 2021 update (KB5004237), Microsoft has finally addressed the gaming and performance issues that affected a small subset of users.

The issue affected a variety of hardware, with users reporting consistent stuttering in games on devices with Intel, AMD Ryzen processor and Nvidia GeForce graphics cards, while some users said they have been experiencing issues in games on a PC with an integrated Intel GPU.

If you’ve performance issues, you should download and install the July 2021 security update by visiting Windows Update in the Settings app.

Audio issues are now fixed

The update, which first caused game performance issues, also included a high-pitched noise or audio quality issue for some users. Affected platforms include Windows 10 version 21H1, version 20H2 and version 2004.

Microsoft acknowledged the audio issues in May and offered a workaround to users, explaining that the issue does not occur on devices where the stereo is used.

After installing the botched Windows Updates (KB5000842 or newer), devices with Dolby Digital audio may play “a high-pitched noise” or “squeak” sound in certain apps, the company said in its advisory.

Microsoft has finally addressed the patch for everyone with KB5004237 (security update) for version 2004 or newer.

As mentioned, this is a security update and it’s mandatory, so it will be installed automatically. If you don’t have the update installed, you need to open up the Windows Update and then click on ‘Check for updates’ to start the download.

Taskbar issues are now fixed

With July 2021 update, Microsoft has also fixed the annoying News and Interests bug that caused issues with the taskbar and system tray icons as well as the notification center button.

Windows 10 update fixes performance issues, audio, and taskbar problems Windows-10-taskbar-bug.jpg
    Blurry and overlapped taskbar icons

The issues reported include the system tray icons disappearing from the taskbar, and glitches where the icons will overlap each other. As mentioned, this also affected Action Center notifications and third-party apps as users couldn’t click on the far right of the taskbar.

None of these taskbar bugs have been officially acknowledged, but you should no experience these taskbar glitches after deploying the July 2021 updates, according to our tests and user reports.

The post Windows 10 update fixes performance issues, audio, and taskbar problems appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Jul 15, 2021

2. New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Jul 15, 2021
  3. Junaid_A Win User
    Audio output issue - Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

• What is the make and model of the computer?

I suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps listed in the articles listed below:

If you’re facing sound issues on Envy 24 monitor speakers, you may try the steps listed in
    HP Flat Panel Monitors - Troubleshooting Sound Problems with Monitor Speakers

If the issue persists, you may update the chipset drivers for your PC and check if it works.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Jul 15, 2021
  4. Windows 10 update fixes performance issues, audio, and taskbar problems

Windows 10 Taskbar is not working and "fixes" don't fix it.

Hi Carole,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing Taskbar on Windows 10. We will help you with resolving the issue.

Provide us the additional information to understand the issue and assist you better:

• What exactly happens when you press Alt+Tab keys from the keyboard to switch between the apps?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue?

As you said Taskbar is not working, and you will minimize all the opened apps to access the one you wish to from Taskbar. Be clear with how exactly you are trying to accessing the apps from Taskbar.

Step 1: I suggest you to check if you have enabled the Auto-hide option for Taskbar, if so try to disable and check if it helps.

Steps to enable auto-hide Taskbar:

• Right click in the empty space on the Taskbar, click on
      Properties,
    • Under Taskbar tab, uncheck the Auto-hide the Taskbar option, click on
      Apply and Ok.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates on your device.

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue and brief description for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 15, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 update fixes performance issues, audio, and taskbar problems

1. Windows 10 update fixes performance issues, audio, and taskbar problems - Similar Threads - update fixes performance

2. Audio and Keyboard Issues, and Windows Update Problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio and Keyboard Issues, and Windows Update Problems: I have several persisting issues I am encountering with my laptop, specifically related to audio malfunctions, unresponsive keyboard, and problematic Windows updates. Firstly, I have recently encountered my audio functionality having an red X and it says audio service is not...
  3. Audio and Keyboard Issues, and Windows Update Problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio and Keyboard Issues, and Windows Update Problems: I have several persisting issues I am encountering with my laptop, specifically related to audio malfunctions, unresponsive keyboard, and problematic Windows updates. Firstly, I have recently encountered my audio functionality having an red X and it says audio service is not...
  4. Audio and Keyboard Issues, and Windows Update Problems

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Microsoft fixes Windows 10 audio issues in the latest update

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft fixes Windows 10 audio issues in the latest update: A recently-found audio bug in Windows 10 has just been fixed by Microsoft, but at the moment it’s only available to people who download and install the latest optional preview update (KB5003690). For those unaware, after recent cumulative updates, Windows 10 users have been...
  6. Microsoft is testing a fix for performance issues in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is testing a fix for performance issues in Windows 10: Following the release of March 2021 cumulative updates, users started reporting serious problems, including issues with certain printers and games. While the printer issue was immediately patched, Windows 10’s bug that resulted in performance issues somehow slipped into the...
  7. Windows 10 KB5001330: Microsoft issues emergency fix for performance issues

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 KB5001330: Microsoft issues emergency fix for performance issues: Windows 10 appears to be getting a new server-side update and it’s one that you might want to apply if you’ve been having any kind of performance issues, such as stuttering, flickering or text rendering issues when playing certain games. As we reported recently, performance...
  8. New windows update fixed my PC performance issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    New windows update fixed my PC performance issues: I had issues about my PC performance with WIN 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-are-my-old-computers-faster-than-my-new-hp/4abea7fd-b3fa-44f7-9fa4-b14db834943a When I updated to the new windows version last night the performance issues were gone...
  9. Windows 10 update creates performance problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update creates performance problems: The KB4343909 update causes my Twitter to feed slowly. I know this is the problem because when it is deleted the computer runs normally. I'd have to delete it daily since it auto loads. This is unacceptable. Is there any way to prevent the auto update?...
  10. Windows 10 Creators Update performance issues

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Creators Update performance issues: Okay so I installed the creators update 2 days ago and my "gaming" pc's performace is slower than ever. I also checked the cpu workload when I play certain games and it has DOUBLED since I updated. I can literally feel how slow my pc got even when im only browsing the web. I...