Windows 10: Windows 10 update for Lenovo G460 - Reinstallation

Discus and support Windows 10 update for Lenovo G460 - Reinstallation in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Good afternoon! I have a Lenovo G460 that came with Windows 7. A couple of years back I accepted the offer from Microsoft to update it to Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by LeonardoMaluf Romanelli, Sep 9, 2020.

1. Windows 10 update for Lenovo G460 - Reinstallation

Good afternoon!

I have a Lenovo G460 that came with Windows 7. A couple of years back I accepted the offer from Microsoft to update it to Windows 10 for free.

I might have to reset my laptop to factory settings and most likely it will go back to the Windows 7 version that came with the laptop.

Is there any way to get Windows 10 back later or do I lose the upgrade for good after factory settings reset?

Thanks you,

Leonardo.

:)

LeonardoMaluf Romanelli, Sep 9, 2020
  2. MrGenius Win User

[Solved] Windows 10 keeps reinstalling KB3119142

I noticed quite some time ago that KB3119142 (Update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Update 4 Redistributable Package) kept reinstalling itself for some reason. At least once daily. Sometimes up to several times a day. I just ignored it. It didn't seem to be doing any harm. And I figured they'd eventually fix it. Well...days turned into weeks, weeks into months, with no end to the problem in sight. It dragged on unsolved for at least the last few months. Literally reinstalling itself hundreds of(at least a hundred, felt like more) times in that period of time.

So I finally googled it a couple days ago. And just got around to fixing it today. Which appears to have worked. And it couldn't have been easier to do. I feel so stupid to have let it intimidate me for so long.*Oops! Windows 10 update for Lenovo G460 - Reinstallation :oops:
    Below are links to the thread that I got the fix idea from, and the official MS support info page for KB3119142(from which I quoted the above).
    http://www.tenforums.com/windows-up...-windows-10-keeps-reinstalling-kb3119142.html
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3119142

MrGenius, Sep 9, 2020
  3. btarunr Win User
    Lenovo Ready to Launch Windows 10 Devices

Lenovo today announced it will begin shipping a wide selection of products loaded with Windows 10 starting July 29. Lenovo has an extensive list of products eligible for this upgrade including popular models like the YOGA 3 Pro and YOGA 500. Lenovo customers can check here for their product's eligibility.

Lenovo has worked with Microsoft Corp. to make the process of upgrading simple, for people with qualified Lenovo PC running Windows 7 SP1 or 8.1 to upgrade to Windows 10. Starting on July 29, the updates will roll out. If a user has reserved a copy of Windows 10, he/she will be notified once the compatibility process confirms that the user will have a great experience, and Windows 10 has been downloaded on their system.

Windows 10 update for Lenovo G460 - Reinstallation 91a_thm.jpg

Lenovo Apps Enhance Windows 10 Experience
    To give users consistent experiences across devices and operating systems, the preloads include a suite of Lenovo-written applications. The new Lenovo Companion 3.0 optimization tool keeps devices running at peak performance and can be used at any time to run a full-scale checkup and report back with specific actions to free up space and speed up the device. As a "smart" device control hub, the new Lenovo Settings lets users easily adapt and modify the way their device behaves. For example, when in tablet mode, the product will customize its display and other settings based on its orientation versus in traditional laptop mode. Alternatively, the device's usage will also alter its settings, for example when watching a movie versus reading an e-book. With SHAREit, customers can quickly transfer files between devices. For tablet users WRITEit takes the pen to a new level of functionality allowing users to write in any input field with their pen and the handwriting is converted to text.

As announced at Tech World in May, Lenovo and Microsoft have worked to integrate Cortana and REACHit, Lenovo's groundbreaking app that allows users who opt-in to search for and manage their content across multiple devices and cloud storage platforms. With REACHit, Cortana becomes even smarter and more personal, enabling users to find their content such as emails, photos and videos in ways they never thought possible. Cortana and REACHit gives users a seamless, intuitive way to search through natural language and contextual understanding.

"With Windows 10, computing gets more personal, productive and connected," said Tom Shell, senior vice president, PC Business Group, Lenovo. "Across our entire PC product line, from the office to the home, we've optimized our Lenovo devices to give customers a great computing experience while giving them enhanced search tools like Cortana with REACHit."

btarunr, Sep 9, 2020
  4. 3Colors Win User

Windows 10 update for Lenovo G460 - Reinstallation

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Windows 10 update for Lenovo G460 - Reinstallation :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Sep 9, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 update for Lenovo G460 - Reinstallation

1. Windows 10 update for Lenovo G460 - Reinstallation - Similar Threads - update Lenovo G460

2. My lenovo laptop froze while reseting and reinstalling windows 10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My lenovo laptop froze while reseting and reinstalling windows 10.: I was reseting my computer and getting rid of all the files, it asked me if I wanted to do the install over cloud or drive, i picked cloud as i was connected to a decent internet, and every thin was going well until i got to the installation phase and it froze, i tried...
  3. My lenovo laptop froze while reseting and reinstalling windows 10.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My lenovo laptop froze while reseting and reinstalling windows 10.: I was reseting my computer and getting rid of all the files, it asked me if I wanted to do the install over cloud or drive, i picked cloud as i was connected to a decent internet, and every thin was going well until i got to the installation phase and it froze, i tried...
  4. My lenovo laptop froze while reseting and reinstalling windows 10.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How to reinstall lenovo integrated camera???

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to reinstall lenovo integrated camera???: For personal reasons, I was attempting to reinstall my integrated camera's drivers due to a discord problem, and in the "Device Manager" uninstalled my laptop's integrated camera. what the **** do i do. i took a screenshot of some of the stats before i uninstalled it, so here...
  6. Stuck at Lenovo screen after reinstalling.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stuck at Lenovo screen after reinstalling.: So i did a clean install on my laptop using bootable flashdrive. After reinstalling it restarted and now its stuck at the Lenovo boot screen. Is this normal? It's been less than 30 mins... but i'm not sure if i should restart using the power button or leave it on overnight...
  7. Reinstalling Windows on Lenovo Laptop

Reinstalling Windows on Lenovo Laptop: If I was to delete the windows partition are reinstall from a usb stick, would it work as well as the pre-installed Windows or is it made to work better with this laptop. If it's just drivers and software that it comes with, can I just download it back? Sorry if the question...
  8. Update reinstalled Windows 10

Update reinstalled Windows 10: I'm assuming it was an update. My wife woke the computer up today to find it sitting on the activation screen where you enter the product key. I purchased a product key last week and did a clean install of Windows 10 home. Activation worked and we have used the computer...
  9. Windows 10 update broke Lenovo Camera

Windows 10 update broke Lenovo Camera: I've seen the other threads and nothing seems to fix the issue. Is this definitely an issue with Lenovo ideapad or did someone find a fix. The camera launches and immediately clothes now. [ATTACH]...
  10. Unable to update or reinstall Windows 10.

Unable to update or reinstall Windows 10.: Hi Team, My PC has been rather slow these days and I have tried updating and reinstalling Windows 1809 multiple times to no avail. I get an error 0x8007001f using the standard update functionality under settings. I tried to do a fresh install multiple times but I keep...