Windows 10: Windows 10 update for May 13, 2020 changed Google Chrome settings.

Discus and support Windows 10 update for May 13, 2020 changed Google Chrome settings. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Downloaded latest update on laptop and desktop. This changed Google Chrome settings on laptop and whited out shortcut for Google Chrome. How can we... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LeonaZZ, May 13, 2020.

1. LeonaZZ Win User

Windows 10 update for May 13, 2020 changed Google Chrome settings.

Downloaded latest update on laptop and desktop. This changed Google Chrome settings on laptop and whited out shortcut for Google Chrome. How can we fix this easily?

:)

LeonaZZ, May 13, 2020

2. Windows 10 and Google chrome problems

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

As you have mentioned that now you rolled back to windows 7 ultimate.I would suggest you to follow the steps given below and check.

Uninstall and reinstall Google Chrome and check

To uninstall and reinstall Google Chrome follow the steps given below.

• Press start button.

• Select Control Panel.

• In Control Panel , Click on
      Programs

• Then Click on Programs and features.

• Select Google Chrome and Click Uninstall button
    Uninstall Chrome prompt dialog appears and the further uninstallation process continues if you click uninstall button. Once Google Chrome gets uninstalled, you can download and install Google Chrome from its official website,
    and check if issue persists.

If issue still didn’t get resolved by the above mentioned steps, I would also suggest you to post the query in Google support forums for more help.

Get help from the Chrome community:
    Google Chrome Help

Hope this helps, if you need further assistance on Windows let us know we will be glad to help.

Ashish Sondhi, May 13, 2020
  3. Google chrome doesn't react

Thank you for that information.

Since you were able to use Google Chrome without any issues using a different Internet connection, there is a possibility that Google Chrome is not responding when connecting to your Internet connection.

For us to isolate and resolve this issue, we suggest that you follow the steps below and see if it helps:

Step 1:
    Reset Chrome settings to default

Disclaimer: The Reset Google chrome Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset google chrome Settings
    feature. Resetting Google Chrome isn't reversible, and all previous settings are lost after reset.

Step 2: If you are able to open google chrome follow the steps from this

article
    to back up the bookmark.

Try to export the bookmark from google chrome.

Step 3: Reset Windows Update Components.

These are services that Windows Update needs to make sure it's working effectively.

If the issue still persists, don't hesitate to inform us and we'll be happy to further assist you.

Acelyn Alc, May 13, 2020
  4. Naki Win User

Possible minor bug - Update with both Opera 2x & Google Chrome installed

Strange bug: Running the previous-older version of GPU-Z on Windows 7, 64-bit, SP1 and trying to update GPU-Z. Have Opera 23/24 installed as a 2ndary web browser, and Google Chrome installed as default/main web browser.
    Steps that work fine:
    1) Run GPU-Z whatever version.
    2) Open About.
    3) Click the links.
    Result: Links open correctly in default browser - Google Chrome.

Steps to reproduce bug:
    1) Run GPU-Z, version before latest.
    2) Try to check for updates.
    3) GPU-Z says an update is available.
    4) Tell it to show the update.
    Result: Link opens incorrectly in Opera 23/24, instead of default Google Chrome web browser.
    Expected: Open in Google Chrome instead.

Note: Opera 23/24 uses the same core as Google Chrome.

Please check and fix, if necessary.

Thema:

1. Windows 10 update for May 13, 2020 changed Google Chrome settings. - Similar Threads - update May 2020

2. Windows 10 May 2020 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 May 2020 update: My laptop keeps showing me the notification "Your version of Windows 10 will reach the end of service soon. Click to download a newer version of Windows 10 to stay updated". But, there is no update available it just says "The Windows 10 May 2020 Update is on its way. Once...
  3. 10 May 2020 Update

10 May 2020 Update: Has anyone installed 10 May 2020 Update on Asus Zenbook UX303 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/10-may-2020-update/232d21d3-fd44-4018-b46b-9b6b79ed36dc
  4. Windows 10 , may 2020 update

Windows 10 , may 2020 update: Is it safe to install may 2020 update of windows 10. I have not installed it even after getting the update notification since last 9-10 days as i have seen various articles related to this update and all pf them said that this update has several bugs and not to install....
  5. Windows 10 May 2020 Update

Windows 10 May 2020 Update: I'm trying to get the Windows 10 May 2020 Update, but I heard that Microsoft has blocked the update! Why is that? When will they resume the rollout of the Windows 10 May 2020 Update? I'm not getting any error messages.....
  6. Windows 10 May 2020 Update

Windows 10 May 2020 Update: Hi everyone! Its been days since Microsoft released the Windows 10 May 2020 update, but my laptop is not getting it. I'm checking for Windows update but my device is saying that I am up to date....
  7. Windows 10 May 2020 Update

Windows 10 May 2020 Update: Hi all, I've been trying to update Windows 10 to its latest version through Windows Update but I couldn't so I searched how to do that on Youtube and in the video they recommended to go to this link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 So my...
  8. Google Stadia Savepoint: May 2020 updates

in Windows 10 News
    Google Stadia Savepoint: May 2020 updates: We're back with another update in our Stadia Savepoint series—here's what happened in May. This month, our community started playing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jYMG2tZsNs, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fK27302gJM,...
  9. windows 10 update problems May 13, 2020 icons.

windows 10 update problems May 13, 2020 icons.: after update windows 10 on May12, 2020, icons would open so small I could not read or enlarge. Had to back out the update. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-update-problems-may-13-2020-icons/a42562f0-4a59-4d57-b11d-92175c30adf5
  10. Windows 10 is set for a huge Microsoft’s May 2020 Update

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 is set for a huge Microsoft’s May 2020 Update: Beginning in early 2017, Microsoft committed to updating Windows 10 twice each year, one in the spring and one in the fall. Since 2017, Microsoft has been able to churn out new versions of Windows 10 every six months, with the next version of Windows 10 due in April/May....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 may 2020 update google chrome

2. windowa 10S cgange to google chrome 2020

3. windows 10 update may 13 2020

4. I updated my laptop and now Chrome wont connect May 2020,
  5. why is google chrome not working after windows update may 2020