Windows 10: Windows 10 update freezes after reset

Discus and support Windows 10 update freezes after reset in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have been having an issue with my windows 10 update for about 7 months. Every time I try to update windows it freezes at 30% forcing me to manually... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Yout2, Jul 31, 2018.

1. Yout2 Win User

Windows 10 update freezes after reset

I have been having an issue with my windows 10 update for about 7 months. Every time I try to update windows it freezes at 30% forcing me to manually turn my computer off and on. after I turn it back on the update continues to 50% and freezes again forcing me to manually reset it once again. then it freezes at 83% and reverts my windows to an older version. As time went on the progressively got worse. It got to a point where when the update failed it sometimes deleted windows causing me to need to re download it once to twice a month.

I have asked support for help with this a few times and tried many fixes, they ended up telling me it could be an issue with my HDD and I replaced it. the update froze exactly like it did previously. I have no idea what to do at this point. If anyone has a fix or any idea what could be causing this please tell me.

:)

Yout2, Jul 31, 2018

2. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Jul 31, 2018
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Windows 10 Creators Update to Feature New Levels of Privacy Control

Just a tiny step closer before I'll upgrade to windows 10....

P4-630, Jul 31, 2018
  4. wt_lesny Win User

Windows Vista Wont Install Freezes?

had the same problem, freezes and long installation including each step loading, in my case a bios update helped.

wt_lesny, Jul 31, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 update freezes after reset - Similar Threads - update freezes reset

2. Windows 10 freezes after update.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 freezes after update.: In the past 6 days, Windows comes freezing after installing an update I don't remember when it comes, but not the same day as it started freezing, but came before 31/12. Symptoms: Windows randomly freezes, goes black screen, sometimes works keyboard and audio, sometimes...
  3. Windows 10 Freezes After Update

Windows 10 Freezes After Update: Am using toshiba satellite c675d-s7101, upgraded from windows 8, i use it normally but after i update the windows 10 suddenly started freezing i Can Use It Without Windows Update But It Started After Uodating The Drives, Have Unistalled It Several Times Still Giving The Same...
  4. windows 10 freezing after 2020 update.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    windows 10 freezing after 2020 update.: windows 10 started freezing after 2020 update. Found that if i turned of power options for hard drive and monitor to never turn of i am able to work for several hours before it slows down and then have to restart which takes up to 10-15 mins. Anyone else having this problem...
  5. Windows 10 keeps freezing after Reset.

Windows 10 keeps freezing after Reset.: Microsoft needs to repair it's latest download for it causes my laptop to continuously freeze. This is very frustrating when I am trying to do my work from home due to the Virus. If Microsoft still wants to be the prominent search engine on the market it needs to correct...
  6. Windows 10 freezes after Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 freezes after Update: So I've just updated and restarted my pc bht after booting I got a screen that said 35% installed, please wait. After restarting it a couple of times and trying to boot into safe mode it now gets stuck in the login screen. I could not get past the login screen. This isnt the...
  7. Windows 10 loading freeze after reset

Windows 10 loading freeze after reset: I used to have a AMD Radeon graphics card in this laptop, I tried updating drivers by going to the AMD site and I wanted the app to automatically scan and install the drivers for me as I do not know which one was it. Then, it froze the screen while halfway downloading. I did...
  8. Windows 10 freezing after update

Windows 10 freezing after update: My computer keeps freezing after the update that came out in April. My computer updated back in April when it came out and the freezing started so I rolled back to the last update and I no longer had the problem but now the update was force pushed out a couple days ago and...
  9. Freeze / Reset after fresh Windows 10 install

Freeze / Reset after fresh Windows 10 install: PC ran fine for few days then froze / crashed and reset few times earlier. Any help appreciated *Smile *Cool*Cool Files: Attachment 86923 (Previous thread) Solved PC freeze, reset during games - Windows 10 Forums 54466
  10. freeze after system reset

in Windows 10 Support
    freeze after system reset: I was having major issues on my HP DV7 laptop with win 10 so tried resetting to win 7 and now for 5+ hours has been stuck on "resetting this PC 99%". can I power it off and restart or should I just let it keep going? there was nothing worth saving so not worried about losing...