Windows 10: windows 10 update freezes at 91%

Discus and support windows 10 update freezes at 91% in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; windows 10 update freezes at 91%... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by GreggCox, Apr 28, 2019.

1. GreggCox Win User

windows 10 update freezes at 91%

:)

GreggCox, Apr 28, 2019
  2. kevhearn Win User

automatic updates freeze at 91%

latest windows 10 update freezes at 91%. Not just for a short time but from 5pm one day to 7.30 am next day. All sorts of start up problems now. Tries to Auto-repair or takes 10 minutes to start up. Do I switch off automatic updates?

kevhearn, Apr 28, 2019
  3. RobertTK Win User
    automatic updates freeze at 91%

Automatic update install caused freezing for "Days" because message said Do not turn off Computer, I now get message that update was not successful and system is undoing the recent changes. This process has caused freezing again.

What can I do to correct this?

Second time I have had this happen in last two months.

RobertTK, Apr 28, 2019
  4. windows 10 update freezes at 91%

Windows 10 updates stuck at 91% for 7 hours

Hi Arthur,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in installing Windows Updates on your device as it is stuck at 91%. We will help you with this issue.

This issue might be due to the anti-virus software or corrupted Windows Update Components.

I suggest you to hard reboot the computer and perform the below.

Method 1:

Step 1: I suggest you to uninstall the anti-virus software installed on your device and check for the updates.

If the issue still persists,

Step 2: I suggest you to
    run the Windows Update troubleshooter and check.

Windows Update Troubleshooter resolves problems that prevents you from updating windows.

Steps:

• Press Windows key and type
      Troubleshooting.
    • Click on Troubleshooting and click on
      View all in the left pane.
    • Select Windows Update to run theWindows Update Troubleshooter
      and follow the on-screen instructions.

If the issue still persists then,

Method 2: I suggest you to try the steps mentioned in
    Reset Windows Update components
    and check if you are able to find the Windows Updates.

Registry disclaimer: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that
    you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs.

Refer to the below article to backup and restore the registry in Windows:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756/

Note: The above links applies to Windows 10 as well.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 28, 2019
Thema:

1. windows 10 update freezes at 91% - Similar Threads - update freezes 91%

2. My update is stuck at 91% for over 12 hours

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My update is stuck at 91% for over 12 hours: I started my update yesterday around 1:30 and by 3:30 I was at 91% and hasn’t moved from that point. The screen reads “Working on updates 91% Don’t turn off your PC. This will take a while”. It sure has been a while, it shouldn’t take this long. Please help!...
  3. Windows 10 Update Assistant stuck at 91% for 5 hours

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Update Assistant stuck at 91% for 5 hours: Finally replaced my Laptop's battery today and immediately began the Update Assistant. Had no issues with it until I reached 91% at which it's been stuck on for about 5 hours now. Does anyone have any suggestions to fix this and any idea as what the issue could be? Thanks in...
  4. Upgrade stuck at 91%?

Upgrade stuck at 91%?: Hi all - updating somebody's desktop from Win10 1803 to 1903 via Windows Update. It's currently stuck at 91% and has been there for like...3 hours now. Do I just keep waiting? They work from home and this is their 'work PC' so they are losing business by not having it, but...
  5. 91% available (plugged in not charging)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    91% available (plugged in not charging): My surface pro 4 runs great when it's plugged in but if I unplug it will shut off. The battery shows 91% (PLUGGED IN NOT CHARGING) What are my options. I uninstalled the drivers and reinstalled them, no luck...
  6. windows 10 update freezes

windows 10 update freezes: when i'm prompted to update and do so it begins to run and has a circle of dots and says pc may restart several times, do not turn pc off. this may take awhile. after an hour it might be at about 89% but the dots are no longer spinning and it has become nonresponsive....
  7. windows 10 update assisstant stuck at 91

windows 10 update assisstant stuck at 91: updating windows 10. please wait. percent complete 91%. so i use windows 10 update assisstant but it stuck at 91%. what must i do next ?...
  8. Windows 10 update freezes computer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 update freezes computer: The last couple of days, I keep getting notices for a huge update, I click to start the update and while it is installing, it reboots a couple of time, then nothing, just a black screen. Computer still on but froze up... I hold the off/on switch until it goes out.. I...
  9. Windows 10 update stuck at 91%, left laptop on for over 12 hours

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 update stuck at 91%, left laptop on for over 12 hours: So i did this update before and it was stuck at 88% 7 hours later 89%, this time the update started around 10:30pm on the 29/09/16 and i checked up on it in the morning around 8:30 and it stuck on 91%, now it was 11:45am and it was still stuck on 91%, can someone guy me any...
  10. Windows 10 Update Freeze

Windows 10 Update Freeze: I've just done a Win 10 install on a clean hard drive. No problems with the install, but when I try to update, it freezes on downloading x% complete. I found an update utility "SpeedyFixer", which I found searching this forum. It also hangs on trying to update Windows. This...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 2019 upgrade stalls at 91%