Windows 10: Windows 10 Update from other PC on home network

Discus and support Windows 10 Update from other PC on home network in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I'm new to Windows 10 and have a question about updates. I have a limited data plan so I want to conserve internet use as much as possible. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JDFen, Jan 31, 2020.

1. JDFen Win User

Windows 10 Update from other PC on home network

Hi,

I'm new to Windows 10 and have a question about updates. I have a limited data plan so I want to conserve internet use as much as possible.

I have two laptops identical in every way including the applications that are installed on each. They are both on my home private network. My question is: If I download Microsoft upgrades in the normal way from the Internet to one of them, can I avoid doing it on the other by somehow instructing it to get the upgrades from the first one rather than over the Internet?

On both machines, I've set updates to "Allow downloads from other PCs on my local network." I don't know how this works, or if I need to do something else like share files of something, so would very much appreciate advice.

Thanks in advance. JD.

:)

JDFen, Jan 31, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 31, 2020
  3. Eric2139 Win User
    How to Dump Networking Parameters?

Had a customer with this problem, they had a brand new Dell Optiplex 3050, with Windows 10 1709, and Realtek Gbit Family of lan adapters (wired connection). After much troubleshooting (many suggestions listed in the course of this thread), it turned out the PC needed a bios update. Among the updates listed on the dell website for bios version 1.52 (I flashed it with the latest 1.92) was "Update RealtekLOM".

LOM is "lan on motherboard" and the Realtek has flashable firmware.

One step for others having this issue is to check their computer manufacturer's website for "Lom" firmware updates for the particular network adapter - whether integrated or an add-in.

Eric2139, Jan 31, 2020
  4. 95Viper Win User

Is it time for Windows 10 already?

Again, for those that want the update reservation and you meet the requirements ---> Upgrade to Windows 10 for Free

And, some info from the FAQ page:

Also, some interesting info from the Specifications page:

95Viper, Jan 31, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Update from other PC on home network - Similar Threads - Update home network

2. Cannot see other pc on home network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot see other pc on home network: I have two computers connected to a home network. Both can get to the internet but both cannot see each other. Ping goes through between them. I got the following message while troublshooting: Website (XXXXXX) is online but isn't responding to connection attempts. XXXXXX is...
  3. Laptop & PC Vanished from Windows 10 Home Network

Laptop & PC Vanished from Windows 10 Home Network: Windows Version 2OHC I've been limping along the last few months on a partially functional home network. My laptop could see my PC, but my PC couldn't see my laptop. (Also on the network was an old PC running Windows 7 but that's not my concern just now). Here's what my...
  4. Can't See Other PC's On Home Network

Can't See Other PC's On Home Network: I need to connect two laptops on my home network via WiFi, one of which has a printer attached via USB that I need to share. I read this recent post from Yertiz on the same issue. I followed the tutorial here on this forum, and then the suggestions in Yertiz's post. I still...
  5. New - Can't See Other PC's On Home Network

New - Can't See Other PC's On Home Network: I need to connect two laptops on my home network via WiFi, one of which has a printer attached via USB that I need to share. I read this recent post from Yertiz on the same issue. I followed the tutorial here on this forum, and then the suggestions in Yertiz's post. I still...
  6. Change from business PC network to home PC network

Change from business PC network to home PC network: How do I change from a Business PC network setup to a home PC (simple file sharing). My system says it's part of a business network which is incorrect....
  7. Cannot see other PC on home network

Cannot see other PC on home network: I have two computers running Win 10 and one running OSX 10.8. The one computer was an in place upgrade to Win10 (which I now regret). The upgraded computer, when running Win7, was seen by the other two computers. Since upgrading to Win10, it's disappeared. I've followed the...
  8. PC'S on a Home Network Can't see each other

PC'S on a Home Network Can't see each other: I have 2 machines, 1 Windoze 7 Pro 32bit and 1 Windoze 10 Home 64 bit both wire connected to the same router. No matter what I do, the machines can't see each other. That includes all the sharing options, advanced, etc. All Allows are checked and I have admin rights on both...
  9. Accessing other pc's on home network.

Accessing other pc's on home network.: I have 2 pc's running windows 10 pro, on my main pc File Explorer shows my 2 pc's in network but I can't connect with my second pc everytime, it always shows in file explorer but 95% of the time I get an error message, , Error code: 0x80070035 The network path was not found,...
  10. Home network issue - one pc cannot be accessed from all others

Home network issue - one pc cannot be accessed from all others: There is one pc which can see all other pcs but cannot be seen from others. Info on the problem PC: OS: W10 Pro v.1709 b.16299.192 Network: Password protected sharing. I tried resetting network(network reset), turning off firewall, etc. Ping to the pc from other goes...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cannot connect to windows 10 home pc to another windows 10 pc