Windows 10: Windows 10 update give me errors on start menu, firewall, camera and all preinstalled apps

Discus and support Windows 10 update give me errors on start menu, firewall, camera and all preinstalled apps in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My laptop Lenovo Yoga 2 just came from repair and it updated itself after I begin to use it. The thing is that first I didn't notice until I had to use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/cringy-nyanya, Nov 23, 2020.

1. Windows 10 update give me errors on start menu, firewall, camera and all preinstalled apps

My laptop Lenovo Yoga 2 just came from repair and it updated itself after I begin to use it. The thing is that first I didn't notice until I had to use the snipping tool that all preinstalled apps can´t open and the showed like gray color on the Start Menu, also the search bar didn't let me type anything and can't activate firewall. I manage to repair the search bar using the scannow command on cmd, but the other problems keep happening... I try to deinstall the updates, but everything was the same, I try to reinstall the apps and nothing gets better neither. I try to restore the system using a restore point (?) and the start menu stop working... help :c

submitted by /u/cringy-nyanya
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/cringy-nyanya, Nov 23, 2020

2. Error 0xA00F4240(0x80070057) Camera App

Hello,

In most of the cases the device drivers will be listed under its respective category in
    Device manager. All the drivers of the devices attached to or mostly will be used on the PC will be listed under
    Device manager. The device will not function if the driver of the respective device is not installed on the computer.

Check if the camera drivers are listed in Device manager by following the steps below:

• Press Windows logo + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Device manager from the context menu.
    • Expand the option where WebCam drivers may be located and check if the drivers are present.
    • If present, right click on the driver and select Update this software from the context menu.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions and wait for the update to complete.
    • After the update is complete, close the window and check if the changes are effective.

Also, suggest you to check with the below article, which provides troubleshooting steps when Camera app fails to start.

How to fix Windows
    10 issues with cameras when the Windows Camera app fails to launch

Fix Windows Camera app problems with USB web cameras

Keep us posted if you require further assistance.

ThofikhAhamad, Nov 23, 2020
  3. Add or Remove Items for All Apps in Start menu in Windows 10  

Hi, @Brink:

My caffeine titer is low, so I must be missing some blatant, basic step to add a shortcut to my account's All Apps list in the Start menu (Option1).
    The new process both for creating shortcuts and for adding/removing items to the Win10 start menu has me flummoxed.
    Your tutorials are always "topnotch", so this must be a cockpit error on my part.

>I would like to follow the suggestion on page 1 of the wushowhide.diagcab tutorial to add a shortcut in All Apps for my account.

I have d/l the wushowhide.diagcab and saved it to my downloads folder.
    I have done Step 1 on Page 1 of THIS tutorial to navigate to the Start Menu Programs folder.
    But HOW do I actually complete Step 3 to create a shortcut and then add it to the Start Menu "All Apps"??

I think I need to first somehow create a shortcut for the .cab file and then add it to All Apps in the start menu???

Please advise.

Thanks!
    MM

P.S. I have been postponing the probably inevitable installation of Class Shell.
    I would rather not have to install a 3rd-party program to be able to perform basic Windows tasks.
    But this new workflow in Win10 for a basic functionality might force me to do it.
    Sigh.

MoxieMomma, Nov 23, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

Windows 10 update give me errors on start menu, firewall, camera and all preinstalled apps

dalchina, Nov 23, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 update give me errors on start menu, firewall, camera and all preinstalled apps

1. Windows 10 update give me errors on start menu, firewall, camera and all preinstalled apps - Similar Threads - update errors start

2. Windows 10 couldn't start and give me errors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 couldn't start and give me errors: Please help me out to resolve these errors.... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-couldnt-start-and-give-me-errors/1ba1bd98-de94-427b-9631-31a8e9e64a4e
  3. Windows 10 couldn't start and give me errors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 couldn't start and give me errors: Please help me out to resolve these errors.... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-couldnt-start-and-give-me-errors/1ba1bd98-de94-427b-9631-31a8e9e64a4e
  4. Windows 10 couldn't start and give me errors

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows preinstalled apps don't disappear from the start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows preinstalled apps don't disappear from the start menu: I debloat my windows 10 everything what i need is work fine, but today the uninstalled apps is came back to the start bar. [ATTACH] I still cant open the apps but it it irritates that they are there. Can i somehow delete or hide the icons?...
  6. Update broke start menu and all Windows Apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    Update broke start menu and all Windows Apps: The update on June 15 - KB4497165 - killed my Start Menu. After 6 hours, I fell upon a Microsoft idea to turn Lock The Taskbar on, which was off. I did that along with 10 other things so I am not sure what fixed the Start Menu. Requiring the Taskbar to be locked seems wrong...
  7. Removing preinstalled apps from the start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Removing preinstalled apps from the start menu: My laptop with Windows 10 came with some apps already in the start menu (Candy Crush Saga, Cooking Fever). I tried right clicking on them, but there was no way to uninstall. The apps don't show up in the list of apps in settings. The apps also don't show up in powershell,...
  8. All apps in start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    All apps in start menu: So I just installed the anniversary update and it changed the start menu so it is now showing "All apps", I have browsed the settings but can't seem to figure out how to turn this off... I want to turn off the list that appears to the left that is showing all the crap...
  9. All Apps in Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    All Apps in Start Menu: Hi. My computer received what appears to be a large Windows 10 update (many of my settings seemed to have defaulted back). One setting that puzzles me is that when I launch the Start Menu, the "All Apps" menu is expanded instead of the one I had (see the picture below). I...
  10. All Apps on Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    All Apps on Start Menu: I gotta question. It's not a big deal, but I'm kinda anal. The all apps button on the left edge of the start menu: on my menu it's up at the top of the menu. On every picture I've ever seen, the all apps button is at the bottom left of the menu right above the Start...