Windows 10: Windows 10 Update / GPU Drivers / now not able to restart after attempted System Restore

Discus and support Windows 10 Update / GPU Drivers / now not able to restart after attempted System Restore in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello,Afraid this may come across negative as I've tried quite a few solutions including some I've read here.I'll try to do this in order:History: PC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Steven Rudland, Jan 25, 2022.

1. Windows 10 Update / GPU Drivers / now not able to restart after attempted System Restore

Hello,Afraid this may come across negative as I've tried quite a few solutions including some I've read here.I'll try to do this in order:History: PC is 10 months old with Intel i7-4790 4 Core 3.6GHz, Radeon RX570 4GB GPU and set up with Windows 10. Runs like a dream and no issues until this month, I have dual monitors.11/01/22: A few minutes after I boot my PC I notice the dual monitors resolution go to something like 640x480, and one monitor stops receiving a signal. I restart, no joy, eventually consider a System Restore it indicates there was a windows update that morning which works

:)

Steven Rudland, Jan 25, 2022
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jan 25, 2022
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Jan 25, 2022
  4. Windows 10 Update / GPU Drivers / now not able to restart after attempted System Restore

System restore failed to extract the file (C:\Windows\SysWOW64\mfnetcore.dll) from the restore point

Hi,

There are different factors that can contribute as to why you're not able to successfully perform a system restore. This could be caused by a recent update that was installed or system files that got corrupted. For us to resolve your concern, kindly answer
    the questions below:

• We would like to confirm if the error message that you received also contained an error code?
    • Since you mentioned you checked for any any updates, were there any installed prior to the issue occurring?
    • Have you attempted any other troubleshooting steps?

As a initial recommendation, we suggest that you follow the steps to run your computer in safe mode that is available through this

link
    . This starts Windows in a basic state, using a limited set of files and drivers. Once inside safe mode try to run system restore again.

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Jordan Dom, Jan 25, 2022
Thema:

Windows 10 Update / GPU Drivers / now not able to restart after attempted System Restore

1. Windows 10 Update / GPU Drivers / now not able to restart after attempted System Restore - Similar Threads - Update GPU Drivers

2. Attempting to update GPU drivers causes crash.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Attempting to update GPU drivers causes crash.: Anytime I try to update/roll back or do anything with my GPU drivers my PC crashes into a black screen. When it boots back in if it even does, sometimes I end up in a boot loop and have to revert to a restore point or completely reinstall Windows I end up with the Microsoft...
  3. Attempting to update GPU drivers causes crash.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Attempting to update GPU drivers causes crash.: Anytime I try to update/roll back or do anything with my GPU drivers my PC crashes into a black screen. When it boots back in if it even does, sometimes I end up in a boot loop and have to revert to a restore point or completely reinstall Windows I end up with the Microsoft...
  4. Attempting to update GPU drivers causes crash.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows 10 Update / GPU Drivers / now not able to restart after attempted System Restore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Update / GPU Drivers / now not able to restart after attempted System Restore: Hello,Afraid this may come across negative as I've tried quite a few solutions including some I've read here.I'll try to do this in order:History: PC is 10 months old with Intel i7-4790 4 Core 3.6GHz, Radeon RX570 4GB GPU and set up with Windows 10. Runs like a dream and no...
  6. Windows 10 Update / GPU Drivers / now not able to restart after attempted System Restore

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Update / GPU Drivers / now not able to restart after attempted System Restore: Hello,Afraid this may come across negative as I've tried quite a few solutions including some I've read here.I'll try to do this in order:History: PC is 10 months old with Intel i7-4790 4 Core 3.6GHz, Radeon RX570 4GB GPU and set up with Windows 10. Runs like a dream and no...
  7. Network Driver Restart & Failed System Restore

Network Driver Restart & Failed System Restore: I recently was having some issues connecting to the Internet and I think it had something to do with a monthly network reset at my company does which typically I have to reset my network settings as well. This computer is new and when I did this for some reason it didn’t...
  8. Automatic Repair Loop after System Restore attempt

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Automatic Repair Loop after System Restore attempt: My laptop is a Lenovo 20NF0012US ThinkPad E595 AMD Ryzen 5 3500U w/ Radeon Nega Mobile GfxProcessor Bios Lenovo R11et40W 1.20 Windows 20H2 with all updates installed through April 8. After running updates last week my Logitech headset microphone stopped working. I use...
  9. Attempted system restore

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Attempted system restore: Its telling me it failed because my antivirus software is on? I have a virus I’m trying to get rid of, if I turn off my antivirus wouldn’t that let the malware do what is wants? submitted by /u/Tarzan-of-the-Desert [link] [comments]...
  10. System restore point got deleted after failed restore attempt

System restore point got deleted after failed restore attempt: Hi. OS: Windows 10 (I believe it's Educational version) 1903 - with all updates available. Here's what happened: I started System Restore to a point from few hours ago (installed an app that messed up my env vars - whatever...) It all looked fine, PC rebooted and was...