Windows 10: Windows 10 update has broken my computer

Discus and support Windows 10 update has broken my computer in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Turn PC on, black screen. Hit spacebar all USBs turn off and on, then presented with black screen until I see a "Windows 10 updating 30%" pop up then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/GamersEatBacon, Feb 22, 2021.

1. Windows 10 update has broken my computer

Turn PC on, black screen. Hit spacebar all USBs turn off and on, then presented with black screen until I see a "Windows 10 updating 30%" pop up then entire PC crashes and the cycle continues.

I've tried force restarting many times now, same issue prevails

Can't even view anything on windows before it crashes. Any idea how to fix this?

submitted by /u/GamersEatBacon
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/GamersEatBacon, Feb 22, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 22, 2021
  3. RCoon Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

How to stop Windows 10 from automatically installing new and updated drivers constantly (particularly for GPU users with stable drivers)

• Right click "My Computer"
    • Click "Properties"
    • Click on "Hardware" tab
    • Click "Device Installation Settings"
    • Tick the "No, let me choose what to do"
    • Tick "Never install driver software from Windows Update"

RCoon, Feb 22, 2021
  4. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 update has broken my computer

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Feb 22, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 update has broken my computer

1. Windows 10 update has broken my computer - Similar Threads - update has broken

2. Windows update yesterday has broken my Pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update yesterday has broken my Pc: Windows update 17/11 has totally stuffed my PC . It took me over 12Hours yesterday to unbrick it having tried multiple times in recovery mode to start repair, chkdsk repair etc, I was finally able to perform a system restore in RECOVERY to get it going after BSOD.Today it...
  3. Your update has broken my computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Your update has broken my computer: Hi first time doing this, after a windows update I have lost the ability's to use one of my graphic drivers. I have factory reset, I have installed my driver fresh from the website, your window 10 will not let me return to any or an older save. I really need my computer to...
  4. Your update has broken my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Your update has broken my computer: Hi first time doing this, after a windows update I have lost the ability's to use one of my graphic drivers. I have factory reset, I have installed my driver fresh from the website, your window 10 will not let me return to any or an older save. I really need my computer to...
  5. Your update has broken my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Windows 11 update has broken my internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 update has broken my internet: Since updating to windows 11 I can no longer access any website except Bing.com. I have used Opera and Edge and have tried the command line tricks with netsh and ipconfig. If I search through Bing I get results just fine but if I click on any of the links or try to go...
  7. Windows Update has Broken my Audio Jack

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Update has Broken my Audio Jack: So for completely unrelated issue I sat through and updated my laptop with as many windows updates as I could, including the optional ones, just to see if they'd help. It did fix my inital issue but yesterday my audio jack stopped working, it wasn't able to detect my...
  8. Windows 10 "Driver Update" has broken my pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 "Driver Update" has broken my pc: So here's the story, last night at 10:30pm on June 21st, i was just about to close my laptop down for the night when I noticed that there was a notification on the action center saying "driver out of date, reboot to apply." So I did it and left it to do it overnight due to my...
  9. windows 10 automatic update has broken my pc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 automatic update has broken my pc: An auto update of windows 10 yesterday on my laptop happened! At 30% into the process it always closes the laptop down. This time I got a blus screen message when I powered the laptop up again. "Your pc ran into a problem etc" It closed my laptop automatically and then a...
  10. Windows 10 Force Installing Broken Update To My Computer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Force Installing Broken Update To My Computer: I have Windows 10 Home Edition Version 1703 installed on my computer, and, lately, it has been force installing these update to my computer: KB4022725 and KB4025376 are the two updates, and, whenever I restart my computer, it gets to a certain point in the update, and, it...