Windows 10: Windows 10 Update has caused another major problem to our network. How can we disable the...

Discus and support Windows 10 Update has caused another major problem to our network. How can we disable the... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have had problems with my Windows 8 machines upgraded to Windows 10. The number one recommendation from MS is to reset windows. Terrible idea to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by vizanje, Jul 14, 2018.

1. vizanje Win User

Windows 10 Update has caused another major problem to our network. How can we disable the...

I have had problems with my Windows 8 machines upgraded to Windows 10. The number one recommendation from MS is to reset windows. Terrible idea to recommend to a user to basically lose all the customization on their computer. I've had two machines get bricked, one I never got back working. ( a 2 year old Dell i7 quality spec machine). The support from Microsoft has been basically zero. Now I have another machine, disabled service, stopped, and it went ahead and updated. But the update was apparently interrupted. I didn't do anything unusual just normal use but I also wasn't aware that it was updating, since once again I had the service turned off and disabled. And now the machine can't connect to the network. Hmmm...

Can anybody post a solution. Would really appreciate the help.

Thanks

:)

vizanje, Jul 14, 2018
  2. btarunr Win User

Next Major Windows 10 Update Named "Spring Creators Update"

The next Windows 10 service pack major update has been named "Spring Creators Update." Windows Insider Program users toying with Build 17618 of the operating system spotted a listing of all the major updates of Windows 10 known to the build, when running "Get-VMHostSupportedVersion" in Power Shell. The last entry reads "Microsoft Windows 10 Spring Creators Update 1803." The version number (1803 in this case), often coincides with the public release date of the update. The Fall Creators Update 1709, released in 2017-09 (September) to Insiders. Going by that convenion, Spring Creators Update could see a "branded" Insider preview build this month, 2018-03 (March), with a public release usually 3-4 weeks after, presumably before Summer kicks in.

Windows 10 Update has caused another major problem to our network. How can we disable the... pEBOXRTl55rNtJHh_thm.jpg

btarunr, Jul 14, 2018
  3. R-T-B Win User
    Microsoft to make Windows 10 updates mandatory

Indeed... that's the majority of the problem.

R-T-B, Jul 14, 2018
  4. Windows 10 Update has caused another major problem to our network. How can we disable the...

Recent Windows 10 major update impact on home network

Hi Frank,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I do appreciate your efforts and time.

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

If it is asking for the password, then you need to enter the password. It will be in the Control Panel where you have created a Home Group.

Try to run the HomeGroup troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Search for HomeGroup in the Search and click on it to open.
    • Then click on Start HomeGroup troubleshooter.
    For reference:

HomeGroup problems in Windows:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/homegroup-problems-in-windows

For network issues:

I suggest you to try the steps provided in the link below and check if it helps.

Fix network connection issues:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-network-connection-issues

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Jul 14, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Update has caused another major problem to our network. How can we disable the...

1. Windows 10 Update has caused another major problem to our network. How can we disable the... - Similar Threads - Update has caused

2. How can we see our notification history

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can we see our notification history: How can we see our notification history? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-we-see-our-notification-history/0615f0db-dee1-4249-a3cd-2a232df4882e
  3. How can we get our product key?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can we get our product key?: How can we get our product key? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-we-get-our-product-key/af71d1cf-d02e-4b01-a9e9-08d1939791d9
  4. How can we get our product key?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can we get our product key?: How can we get our product key? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-we-get-our-product-key/af71d1cf-d02e-4b01-a9e9-08d1939791d9
  5. Updates Causing Major Problems Again?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updates Causing Major Problems Again?: A few weeks ago, a MS update caused crashes/freezes/slowdowns on my HP notebook. But yesterday's update 1/2/2023 caused far worse problems. I was cleaning and inspecting the notebook with Revo Uninstaller Pro tools and Windows tools which rarely cause serious issues....
  6. Updates Causing Major Problems Again?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Updates Causing Major Problems Again?: A few weeks ago, a MS update caused crashes/freezes/slowdowns on my HP notebook. But yesterday's update 1/2/2023 caused far worse problems. I was cleaning and inspecting the notebook with Revo Uninstaller Pro tools and Windows tools which rarely cause serious issues....
  7. Updates Causing Major Problems Again?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. How we can update our pc

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How we can update our pc: I am posting this comment because of I a new Microsoft user and i don't know how to use how to properly update our pc so can someone tell me how to properly update our pc < Link removed by VM >...
  9. Windows 10 latest major update causing major restart, shutdown, and network issues.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 latest major update causing major restart, shutdown, and network issues.: Since the last major update a few weeks ago, my 1 year old computer that has NEVER had any of the following issues prior to this update is plagued by: Won't shut down properly. Hangs - Have to force shutdown with power button. Won't restart properly. Hangs - Have to...
  10. Recent update in Windows 10 caused major problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Recent update in Windows 10 caused major problems: I upgraded to windows 10 and for a couiple of days everything was fine then i had an automatic update and thats when my problems started. I know one of the reasons Windows 10 is free is to get everyone on Windows Edge the stupid thing is since the update i cant get on Windows...