Windows 10: Windows 10 update has caused horizontal stripes on Remote Desktop

Discus and support Windows 10 update has caused horizontal stripes on Remote Desktop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Dear fellow Windows 10 users, Today, my laptop gave itself an uninvited Windows 10 update. Now, I get faint horizontal stripes across the screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by timpop, Oct 20, 2020.

1. timpop Win User

Windows 10 update has caused horizontal stripes on Remote Desktop

Dear fellow Windows 10 users,

Today, my laptop gave itself an uninvited Windows 10 update. Now, I get faint horizontal stripes across the screen when I run Remote Desktop.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

I didn't see this problem before the update.

I have included a snapshot below. The lines are quite subtle, so it doesn't stop me working. It's just really annoying. Especially as this Windows 10 update has broken something which worked fine before.

Windows 10 update has caused horizontal stripes on Remote Desktop e438537d-8c36-4525-a726-12e0d35834ed?upload=true.png

Notes: This was the second screen in a dual-screen set-up, and I set the resolution to its smallest to keep this image small. My PC is a Dell Inspiron 15. The remote PC is an Intel NUC belonging to my employers.

This isn't the first time Window 10's compulsory updates have broken the functionality of a Windows 10 laptop I own. A Lenovo Ideapad of mine had its graphics messed up most times it reopens a switched-off display, requiring a reboot. I would switch off Windows 10 updates if it would let me.

Many thanks in advance.

Tim

:)

timpop, Oct 20, 2020

2. Windows 10 - Remote Desktop

Hi,

We will surely assist you with the issue you are facing with Windows 10.
    - Which version of Windows 10 Operating System are you using?

- Were you able to upgrade to Windows 10 successfully?

I suggest you to refer the below steps and see if this helps.

• Enable remote desktop in settings
      • Control Panel\System and Security\System, Click "Remote Settings" on the left side

• Verify my port forwarding settings were properly forwarding to my computers local IP address
      • run "cmd.exe" and then type "ipconfig". Find your IP from that list
    [*]
    • Make sure your firewall settings are open
    • Go to "Control Panel\System and Security\Windows Firewall\Allowed apps"
    • On the left, click "Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall"
    • Click "Change Settings"
    • Find "Remote Desktop" in the list and make sure both "Private" and "Public" is checked.

Let us know if this helps.

Thank you.

Credits to : Jace_Sango.

Akheel Ahmed, Oct 20, 2020
  3. Santi_827 Win User
    Screen crashes - horizontal stripes/blurring

OT- Stripy screen

After upgrading to Windows 10, my screen will go stripy and blurred- thin horizontal stripes . The screen will make the doc smaller with blurred stripes. Next to the doc more colloured

Windows 10 update has caused horizontal stripes on Remote Desktop 8c8fda1d-9858-4632-a4ee-e22e5762a9c7.jpg
    stripes.

Santi_827, Oct 20, 2020
  4. Windows 10 update has caused horizontal stripes on Remote Desktop

Remote Desktop

Okay guys need some help here before going crazy...
    I am trying to setup a remote desktop connection and see exactly what the logged on user is looking at with out going through Windows Remote Desktop.

Since its local network I don't have any password or want to setup a password.

Any suggestions are appreciated

kikicoco1334, Oct 20, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 update has caused horizontal stripes on Remote Desktop

1. Windows 10 update has caused horizontal stripes on Remote Desktop - Similar Threads - update has caused

2. Remote Desktop Connection causing crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop Connection causing crashes: I do not own some of the software I need to complete projects, so we are allowed to remotely connect to university desktops in order to work. However, as stated in the title, every time I have tried to connect has caused my computer to crash BSOD. The amount of time I have...
  3. Remote Desktop Connection causing crashes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote Desktop Connection causing crashes: I do not own some of the software I need to complete projects, so we are allowed to remotely connect to university desktops in order to work. However, as stated in the title, every time I have tried to connect has caused my computer to crash BSOD. The amount of time I have...
  4. Windows 10 Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Remote Desktop: Is it possible to use Remote Desktop on a Windows 10 Pro machine in order to connect to a Windows 10 Home machine? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-remote-desktop/9178b31c-5268-4e85-baa0-decb47605b13
  5. Windows 10 Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Remote Desktop: Does anyone know how to make it possible to remote to my desktop from anywhere? submitted by /u/Vincent_29392 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g0765h/windows_10_remote_desktop/
  6. My screen has developed horizontal stripes near the top

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My screen has developed horizontal stripes near the top: My screen has developed horizontal stripes near the top https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-screen-has-developed-horizontal-stripes-near/e6d9e7f8-8d67-4006-b5cc-15e662533fb2
  7. Remote desktop on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Remote desktop on Windows 10: I am connecting to a windows 10 PRO machine using RDP (Remmina on Ubunut 18.04 LTS). It works without flaw except when I reboot the windows 10 machine I have to login to the machine using physical keyboard/screen. After that I can connect with the Remmina client, disconnect...
  8. Windows 10 update causes black screen in Microsoft Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 update causes black screen in Microsoft Remote Desktop: Windows 10 May 2019 Update has a new issue with a small number of devices, specifically old monitors with outdated graphics drivers. We have spotted a number of posts on Microsoft’s own community forum and Feedback Hub made by users who have documented a black screen issue...
  9. horizontal stripe across the screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    horizontal stripe across the screen: A couple of days ago, a horizontal, light color stripe - about 3" from the top edge, about 1/4" wide - appeared on the screen and is present in all situations; the color of the stripe is related to whatever background color there is, just a little darker. Most visible it is...
  10. green and pink horizontal stripes on the screen - Pavilion dv6-3152sl

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    green and pink horizontal stripes on the screen - Pavilion dv6-3152sl: When Iswitch on my Pavilion dv6-3152sl, immediatelyafter starting at the bottom of the screen there are green and pinkhorizontal stripes, just when Windows logo runs, which meanwhilelooks unclear. These stripes disappear as soon as the light blueWindows 7 Home Edition system...