Windows 10: Windows 10 update has caused overheating, constant fan, and freezes

Discus and support Windows 10 update has caused overheating, constant fan, and freezes in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I updated to Windows 10 using the direct method (downloading the file from Microsoft's site rather than waiting for the update in my bottom right... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by buh6173, Nov 27, 2015.

1. buh6173 Win User

Windows 10 update has caused overheating, constant fan, and freezes

I updated to Windows 10 using the direct method (downloading the file from Microsoft's site rather than waiting for the update in my bottom right corner). Since I've updated, my computer has begun to drastically overheat; the simplest things such as unplugging and walking around with it will cause it to stutter and freeze for sometimes up to 5 minutes straight. It's absolutely dreadful, and I want to get this resolved.

The computer model is an HP Pavilion g6.

:)

buh6173, Nov 27, 2015

2. Windows 10 freezes

Power and Sleep are just one of the things to check.

Freezing up usually is a sign of an overheating cpu..ie clogged laptop cooling fan duct..too small of a heatsink.

But in this case the most likely cause is bad video drivers.

Update windows today.

Andrew P Jones, Nov 27, 2015
  3. Fan noise / Continuously running since Bitlocker enabled

Hi,

I upgraded to Win 10 Pro and activated Bitlocker and now my laptop is relatively noisy with fan running continuously.

I am concerned re overheating, battery usage and find noise annoying.

I would like my computer to run silently as before.

Why has this occurred since Bitlocker activated and how can noise/ constant fan running be resolved.

Kind regards

Trevor

TrevorMenezes, Nov 27, 2015
  4. Windows 10 update has caused overheating, constant fan, and freezes

Hmmmmm - you might've already had a dying CPU fan or something CPU related. The only thing I could possibly think that could be happening here would be that perhaps you have more services now running on Windows 10 than you might've have on your previous version of Windows. So maybe the CPU is working harder now.

I'd have a hard time thinking that Windows 10 would in of itself cause hardware issues.
    *Smile

Jody Thornton, Nov 27, 2015
  5. YOU
    You Win User
    Open Task Manager, click More Details, then check out r running processes. What are the processes taking up the most of r computer's resources?

6. buh6173 Win User
    CPU-wise, Firefox tends to take up the most, but even then my CPU usage rarely seems to pass 50%. When my computer has its "panic attacks" (i.e. the fan starts blaring, all of my programs freeze up, any audio that's playing becomes an intelligible stutter), if I catch a glimpse at my CPU, it seems to be fine.

buh6173, Nov 27, 2015
  7. YOU
    You Win User
    Download Speccy. Open it, unplug r laptop, then walk around doing something that seems to trigger the overheat. Make sure r temps don't soar too high, and if they do and r resource usage is not that high in Task Manager, its most likely dust blocking cooling fans. Download Speccy | Find your computer specs, free!

Thema:

Windows 10 update has caused overheating, constant fan, and freezes

1. Windows 10 update has caused overheating, constant fan, and freezes - Similar Threads - update has caused

2. Very high CPU memory usage causing constant overheating and shutdowns

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Very high CPU memory usage causing constant overheating and shutdowns: Hi,My computer has been overheating and shutting down from massive memory usage on my cpu at idle. I’ve tried everything from reinstalling windows 11 to replacing the cooler to a 240mm water cooled set up but it didn’t work. I even bought a new cpu to see if I fried the old...
  3. Very high CPU memory usage causing constant overheating and shutdowns

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Very high CPU memory usage causing constant overheating and shutdowns: Hi,My computer has been overheating and shutting down from massive memory usage on my cpu at idle. I’ve tried everything from reinstalling windows 11 to replacing the cooler to a 240mm water cooled set up but it didn’t work. I even bought a new cpu to see if I fried the old...
  4. Very high CPU memory usage causing constant overheating and shutdowns

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Constant BSOD/Freezing, Stumped at cause

Constant BSOD/Freezing, Stumped at cause: Hello, Thanks for the assistance. Recently my PC has started BSODing or Just randomly locking up and restarting when using certain programs. I dont think its a hardware issue as it will run fine with some things for hours on end but consistently locks up and restart with...
  6. Cannot manually control fan speed - computer constantly overhating

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot manually control fan speed - computer constantly overhating: Does software exist that allows me to control my fans speeds? Msi afterburner doesn't work unfortunately, the fan speed setting is greyed out. I've seen lots of people complaining of the same issue but no one seems to have a solution. Any help is greatly appreciated, I can't...
  7. Fan noisy and overheating - HP laptop with Win 10

Fan noisy and overheating - HP laptop with Win 10: Hello everyone. My laptop is an HP Pavilion DV6-6C65EL with Win 10 and, if there was something I could not stand about this PC, it was the noise of the fan. I'm gonna explain it... I use it mainly for watching videos on YT, movies on Netflix or, especially in this period,...
  8. CPU Fan constantly on after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    CPU Fan constantly on after update: After the latest win security update, my CPU Fan is constantly on. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cpu-fan-constantly-on-after-update/6d9ab7aa-66bb-4650-88ed-8c118a2d7337
  9. New Update causes constant freezing

New Update causes constant freezing: Ok ever since I installed the new Windows 10 update my laptop has been freezing constantly, requiring a hard reset each time, after having rarely done so before this. How do I fix this issue/is Microsoft aware there is a problem...
  10. Windows 10 causing overheating???

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 causing overheating???: This is a little bit long-winded, but I'm hoping you'll bear with me. A couple of weeks ago, I allowed my server (a 7-year-old HP ProLiant ML115) to automatically upgrade itself from Windows 7 Ultimate to Windows 10 Professional. So far, so good. Or so I thought. At the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 1903 update power and cooling overheat

2. WINDOWS UPDATE CAUSES HIGH TEMPERATURES AND FREEZE

3. windows features update 1903 overheating

4. windows 10 1903 overheat when installing,
  5. windows update causing laptop to overheat ,
  6. windows update cause overheating