Windows 10: Windows 10 update has changed my ability to minimise files

Discus and support Windows 10 update has changed my ability to minimise files in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello any ideas would be welcome I'm guessing it is a Windows update fail. No minimise or resizing options on files and browser. Can't see my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SteveZirkler, May 19, 2019.

1. Windows 10 update has changed my ability to minimise files

Hello any ideas would be welcome

I'm guessing it is a Windows update fail.

No minimise or resizing options on files and browser.

Can't see my usual desktop with shortcuts other than in a folder.

Can't have a couple of windows open at the same time.

I don't think this is relate to tablet mode as I turned the automatic tablet mode off.

Thanks Windows, you've done it again.

:)

SteveZirkler, May 19, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 19, 2019
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, May 19, 2019
  4. Windows 10 update has changed my ability to minimise files

Game minimising in Windows 10

I recently built my own PC over the winter season which I had an unactivated copy of Windows 10 on for about a week or two which was working fine. I then activated the software and now I seem to be encountering a problem where most games that I am playing
    (mainly from steam) keep minimising at arbitrary times while I play.

I was following many of the steps from Full-screen game keeps minimizing in Windows 10? Here's how to fix this issue

Which claimed that following these 10 steps would "Fix" the problem:

1. Check GPU drivers
    2. Kill background applications
    3. Disable Game Mode
    4. Disable Action Center notifications
    5. Run as admin and in a different compatibility mode
    6. Give game’s process a higher CPU priority
    7. Disable dual-GPU
    8. Scan for viruses
    9. Update Windows
    10. Show taskbar on all displays for multi-display setup
    I have tried a few of these steps (1,2,3,8,9) with no luck! Just wondering if anyone else has had and found a solution to this problem, any info is appreciated.

Eoin Rasmussen, May 19, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 update has changed my ability to minimise files

1. Windows 10 update has changed my ability to minimise files - Similar Threads - update has changed

2. Recent Microsoft update changed my ability to open documents.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recent Microsoft update changed my ability to open documents.: I use Open Office for my documents. I do not own and have never used the Word program. The new update yesterday changed something and now my documents won't open. When I double click the document "Word" looks like it is going to open but it does not. The Word box is only...
  3. Recent Microsoft update changed my ability to open documents.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recent Microsoft update changed my ability to open documents.: I use Open Office for my documents. I do not own and have never used the Word program. The new update yesterday changed something and now my documents won't open. When I double click the document "Word" looks like it is going to open but it does not. The Word box is only...
  4. Lost ability to change permissions for Program Files x86

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost ability to change permissions for Program Files x86: I somehow lost my administrator permissions to control initiate Program Files x86. I have reset my permissions from the C: folder, but when I go to the Program Files x86 folder I am not able to edit permissions. The check boxes are grayed out for all Groups and User Names....
  5. Windows 10 update broke my ability to disable touchpad

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 update broke my ability to disable touchpad: I have a 2 year old MSI GL73 8RD laptop. It has a built-in function FN F3 to disable the spawn of Satan touchpad, but this stopped working with a Windows update yesterday. Things I have tried to fix it: -going into Device manager and looking under pointing device only...
  6. My desktop has completely changed, only eight icons can fit, and my restore, minimise and...

in Windows 10 Customization
    My desktop has completely changed, only eight icons can fit, and my restore, minimise and...: My desktop has completely changed, only eight icons can fit, and my restore, minimise and close buttons have gone? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-desktop-has-completely-changed-only-eight-icons/163f31ec-296c-46b4-b0bd-f526a522de32
  7. The latest windows 10 update has disabled my ability to disable my touchpad on my ASUS...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    The latest windows 10 update has disabled my ability to disable my touchpad on my ASUS...: The latest windows 10 update has made it so that I cannot disable my touchpad on my ASUS laptop. How can I disable my touchpad? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-latest-windows-10-update-has-disabled-my/8f18e444-20d9-4043-a9a6-31653faa9c3c
  8. Game minimising in Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Game minimising in Windows 10: I recently built my own PC over the winter season which I had an unactivated copy of Windows 10 on for about a week or two which was working fine. I then activated the software and now I seem to be encountering a problem where most games that I am playing (mainly from steam)...
  9. windows 10 update stopped my computers abillity to cut and delete files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows 10 update stopped my computers abillity to cut and delete files: Here we go again! Another forced update from the **** scumbags at Microsoft has killed my ability to right click and delete or cut a file. All I am left with is the ability to share or copy files now! Thanks again for taking a newly purchased computer that worked fine and...
  10. Latest Update Has Ruined My Recording Abilities

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Latest Update Has Ruined My Recording Abilities: Hello, I use my PC mostly for recording music but the latest Windows update has interfered with my USB analog to digital device (Focusrite Scarelett 2i2 1st gen) Since the update my PC still recognizes the 2i2 but recording programs like Audacity and Acoustica now say...