Windows 10: Windows 10 update has completely reset my desktop

Discus and support Windows 10 update has completely reset my desktop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; After last night's update, all my tiles and settings have gone and it now shows only a few tiles. I know it's a small issue, but does anyone know to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RiverSlaney, Nov 16, 2019.

1. Windows 10 update has completely reset my desktop

After last night's update, all my tiles and settings have gone and it now shows only a few tiles. I know it's a small issue, but does anyone know to to get it back to how it was, without physically putting it all back together from memory?

:)

RiverSlaney, Nov 16, 2019
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Windows 10 update has completely reset my desktop :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Nov 16, 2019
  3. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Nov 16, 2019
  4. P4-630 Win User

Windows 10 update has completely reset my desktop

Windows 10 Creators Update to Feature New Levels of Privacy Control

Just a tiny step closer before I'll upgrade to windows 10....

P4-630, Nov 16, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 update has completely reset my desktop

1. Windows 10 update has completely reset my desktop - Similar Threads - update has completely

2. windows 11 updated has completely corrupted my system

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 11 updated has completely corrupted my system: My system downloaded windows 11. My system won't boot, and when I go into recovery options, anything I try doesn't work as it's not recognizing my password. I can't get to the command prompt. Nothing happens when I try all the options in start up in recovery. What can I do?...
  3. Windows 11 Update has completly frozen my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Update has completly frozen my computer: A few days ago I updated my new HP less than 2 mo. old to windows 11 and it was working fine. Today I got a notification that windows 11 needed to restart and indicated that would take about 5 minutes.More than 5 minutes passes and I finally get a message saying I can't be...
  4. Windows 11 Update has completly frozen my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Update has completly frozen my computer: A few days ago I updated my new HP less than 2 mo. old to windows 11 and it was working fine. Today I got a notification that windows 11 needed to restart and indicated that would take about 5 minutes.More than 5 minutes passes and I finally get a message saying I can't be...
  5. Windows 10 update reset my desktop and deleted my files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update reset my desktop and deleted my files: I was hit by the windows 10 update issue that deleted all of my files and settings. I have already uninstalled the updates and tried doing a re-start multiple times to no avail. I can see where the system created another user account and even tried creating a new user and...
  6. Windows 10 Reset not complete

Windows 10 Reset not complete: Hello all, I tried to reset my laptop and it got stuck on 92%, then I clicked cancel cause I thought to restart my machine but after I clicked restart it then went to "Windows getting ready. Don't turn off your computer." I'm worried that this will cause major damage....
  7. Windows 10 update reset my desktop/apps and keeps resetting after every update

Windows 10 update reset my desktop/apps and keeps resetting after every update: A few days ago I did a Windows 10 update on my DELL laptop. When trying to login after the update I could not although I was typing the right password showing the message “user profile can not be loaded”. After solving this problem, I noticed that this update had removed...
  8. Windows Update has destabilized my computer completely.

Windows Update has destabilized my computer completely.: Mac Mini 2018. Core i7. 16 GB RAM 256 GB SSD, married to a Razer Core X/Radeon VII. Running Catalyst 19.82. Windows 10 64 bit fully updated. All my non-Windows PC apps/files were shoved into a TB3 SSD Drive. The Mac Mini was partitioned 50/50 Mac and Windows. Yesterday...
  9. After a update windows 10 has completly changed

in Windows 10 Support
    After a update windows 10 has completly changed: After a update on my moms pc everything on layout has changed she dont have desktop anymore it looks more like a phone. You can pin apps and folders to the right side of screen got a picture on how its looks like. I dont understand anything its like a new OS. Imgur: The...
  10. Windows 10 has completely ruined my Desktop

Windows 10 has completely ruined my Desktop: Okay so my first experience with windows 10 was a free upgrade from 8.1 on my laptop. It upgraded quickly and has worked with no issues, and I quickly fell in love in windows 10's new features and look as I do most of my school and side work on my laptop. Because of this,...