Windows 10: Windows 10 Update has corrupted my user profile and signs me in to a temporary account

Discus and support Windows 10 Update has corrupted my user profile and signs me in to a temporary account in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; As a result of the update, the login sequence is failing; Windows error message is that we cannot sign into your account; as a result the temporary... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Soli_gooner, Feb 17, 2021.

1. Windows 10 Update has corrupted my user profile and signs me in to a temporary account

As a result of the update, the login sequence is failing; Windows error message is that we cannot sign into your account; as a result the temporary account in use means that all application settings are also lost and the machine wants to reconfigure every installed desktop application.

I tried a system restore to a point earlier this month, I think before the issue arose, but the restore failed to complete.

# I started looking at this thread for a fix - changing the existing admin user profile settings is possible as described Step 3

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...6049b3&forum=windows&filter=windows_10-update

but restarting the machine any changed settings are overridden and the new incorrect ones retained!

# Trying to create a new local admin user step 4 so far this picks up the new incorrect desktop and application settings. Why is this? How can it be that a "vanilla" system update corrupts so easily!!

# Have seen in this linked article - that there is a suggestion to replace the corrupted profile with a new one via a delete sequence.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials...e-failed-sign-error-windows-10-a.html#option2

Not sure what the next step is now,if the above new admin user does not have the correct settings will this affectwhat I do if I delete the one previous existing admin profile? Will a new one stillbe correctly created?

# If I do this and then try to copyback enough data files and settings-related files and folders from the old userprofile folders - how does the new user profile folder get created - is itautomatic or manually by me?; how to I know which files and folders I need tocopy from the old profile folders - trial and error / if I copy them all, willI also copy the corruption the new settings??

What a mess for should be a run-of-the-millbackground maintenance task!!!

Please help.

:)

Soli_gooner, Feb 17, 2021

2. signed in with temporary profile windows 10

Hi Alan,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Temporary profile. I will certainly help you.

To assist you better, let us know from which version of Windows you upgraded to Windows 10? Windows 7 SP1 or Windows 8.1 update?

I suggest you to refer to below link on “find lost files after upgrading to Windows 10” and go to the option
    Check to see if you’re signed in with a temporary profile.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12386/windows-10-find-lost-files-after-update

I also suggest you to create a new user account and check if it helps.

Please follow the below mentioned steps to create a new user account:

• Press Windows logo key +
      I
      key to open Settings.

• Select Accounts, click on
      Family & other people
      in the left pane.

• Under Other users, select
      Add someone else to this PC.

• Enter a name for the new account. If you wish create a password, and verify the password, add a password hint, then select
      Next.

• Select Finish.
    Note: As you are logged in temporary profile be sure to copy everything you worked on to an external drive/flash drive because it will be deleted when you sign out.

Please get back to us if you still face any difficulty with your Windows 10 login profile. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Mayank_Bhiwal, Feb 17, 2021
  3. Error "you have been signed in with a temporary profile" on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand you are concern as you receive an error "you have been signed in with a temporary profile", we will help you with this issue.

Kindly let us know if your device is connected to domain network.

If you are not connected to domain, then I suggest you to try to login to your temporary user account, enable built in administrator account and perform the below troubleshooting step:

Step 1: Enable Built-in Admin account.

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.
    • Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open Command Prompt.
    • Type the following command and hit Enter:
      • net user administrator /active: yes (Check for the spaces)
    • Now log off from the current user and try to login to the administrator account that is enabled.

Step 2: Run the SFC.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.

• After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 17, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

Windows 10 Update has corrupted my user profile and signs me in to a temporary account

Brink, Feb 17, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 Update has corrupted my user profile and signs me in to a temporary account

1. Windows 10 Update has corrupted my user profile and signs me in to a temporary account - Similar Threads - Update has corrupted

2. Can't sign in Temporary User profile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't sign in Temporary User profile: After installing the latest update I can sign in to my Windows 10 computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-sign-in-temporary-user-profile/f67f2dd4-2796-45be-8023-4f1daa313e3a
  3. Can't sign in Temporary User profile

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't sign in Temporary User profile: After installing the latest update I can sign in to my Windows 10 computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-sign-in-temporary-user-profile/f67f2dd4-2796-45be-8023-4f1daa313e3a
  4. Can't sign in Temporary User profile

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Can't sign in to account and it always leads me to a temporary profile

Can't sign in to account and it always leads me to a temporary profile: Can't sign in to account and it always leads me to a temporary profile, already tried what mlwindows said but it didn't work like the one where you go to settings and go to recovery, the one where you restart at sign in. Pls hell i have many very important files in my orig...
  6. User profile temporary sign-in issue

User profile temporary sign-in issue: WHY has this update been released when the Build 20226 issue was already known? I cannot log into my normal account and do not have any programming knowledge, so I cannot apply the 'workarounds' I've found on the internet. I am FURIOUS with the amount of time I have wasted...
  7. My computer keeps signing me in as a temporary profile

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My computer keeps signing me in as a temporary profile: Im not very tech savvy i just restarted is and had the same issue. It tells me i had an issue with signing into my microsoft account but then i signed in and nothing happened. Sometimes i get an alert that says “issue locating c://windows/system32/logil” or something like...
  8. Signing me in as a temporary user

Signing me in as a temporary user: Windows keeps signing me on as a temporary user even though I am the administrator thus returning to default settings every time the computer restarts. How can I fix this?...
  9. Windows 10 signing in with temporary profile

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 signing in with temporary profile: Windows 10 has decided to sign me in with a temporary profile. I can't get out of this by doing a shut down, starting up and signing in with username, PW or pin or biometrics. How do I get my real profile back?...
  10. Windows signing me into temporary account

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows signing me into temporary account: Ive tried doing everything windows and other people have ive seen other posts and they didnt work and theres no restore points i can use. im almost done at this point its pissing me off to no end....