Windows 10: Windows 10 update has failed - HP Laptop Pavilion Gaming 15

Discus and support Windows 10 update has failed - HP Laptop Pavilion Gaming 15 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have tried most solutions in the internet. It has been 2 years since my last windows update. I am currently stuck in windows v 1803 and cannot update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Alfian Nurshadiq, Aug 9, 2020.

1. Windows 10 update has failed - HP Laptop Pavilion Gaming 15

I have tried most solutions in the internet. It has been 2 years since my last windows update. I am currently stuck in windows v 1803 and cannot update further. I have tried most of the solutions given in the internet and yet somehow it still manages to fail. After 90% of the windows update, a pop up will appear "Windows 10 update has failed" similar to this text. I have almost given up.

The reason I need to update my windows is because some of the drivers in my laptop does not function properly in the current windows version like the trackpad. I'm hoping I will receive many helps and solutions in this forums. Thank you!

:)

Alfian Nurshadiq, Aug 9, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

HP reimagines OMEN 15 laptop and introduces Pavilion Gaming 16

Source: HP reimagines OMEN 15 laptop and introduces Pavilion Gaming 16 | Windows Experience Blog

Brink, Aug 9, 2020
  3. HP Pavilion 15 randomly shuts down incorrectly if fast startup enabled

I've just updated an HP Pavilion 15 from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 (Home 64 bit). If fast startup is enabled, the laptop freezes at the very least step of the shutting down process. The shutting down process goes like this:

1. First you click on shut down
    2. The shut down screen appears
    3. The screen turns off and then the fan starts to spin at high speed
    4. After 4-5 seconds, the fan stops
    5. The laptop is completely turned off, no lights are turned on (in most of PC's)

Well, my problem is that randomly, the Pavilion 15 freezes after step 4 has been completed, with the light of the ON/OFF button turned on forever. Sometimes it turns off correctly, but many other times this happens. If I disable the fast startup, this won't happen and it will always turn off correctly.

What can I do?
    How is it that it's random?

I've tested this with no apps running on background, so that can't be the reason, besides, no apps or programs can freeze the system after the step 4 has been completed, since they are all shut down after step 1.

Also, the fast startup option was activated when I was using Windows 8.1 and never had a single problem with this laptop.

rambomhtri, Aug 9, 2020
  4. Windows 10 update has failed - HP Laptop Pavilion Gaming 15

Freezing on Hp Pavilion 15-ab257tx after Windows 10 (Anniversery update)

Old title: Freezing on Hp Pavilion 15-ab257tx

Windows: Windows 10 (Anniversery update)

Laptop: hp pavilion 15-ab257tx

Last updated: 16/08/2016

All updates (including device manager, hp updates, Windows update)

Problem: My laptop is randomly freezing. First, the internet/wifi doesn't work properly. Secondly everything becomes unresponsive from the screen, applications to the buttons and touchpad. The screen just stops and does not change. Lastly, it makes a noise.
    (If i'm playing League of Legends it doesn't freeze instantly after the internet problem, it happens a few seconds later.)

Nathan♦♥♣♠, Aug 9, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 update has failed - HP Laptop Pavilion Gaming 15

1. Windows 10 update has failed - HP Laptop Pavilion Gaming 15 - Similar Threads - update has failed

2. BSOD on windows 11 - HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop 15-ec2xxx.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD on windows 11 - HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop 15-ec2xxx.: Hello! I received several times BSOD and almost each of them with a different error. I will attach below the minidump files and the photos of BSOD. I search on internet methods to fix the problem, but none of them working.This methods included: reinstalling graphic driver;...
  3. BSOD on windows 11 - HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop 15-ec2xxx.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD on windows 11 - HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop 15-ec2xxx.: Hello! I received several times BSOD and almost each of them with a different error. I will attach below the minidump files and the photos of BSOD. I search on internet methods to fix the problem, but none of them working.This methods included: reinstalling graphic driver;...
  4. HP 399 Pavilion 15 laptop not updating email

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP 399 Pavilion 15 laptop not updating email: I have a Hewlett Packard 399 Pavilion laptop running Windows 8.1 that has stopped updating my default email account. It is now 53 days since any activity. It will neither send nor receive new emails. I can access my Outlook account using the web browser and my email account...
  5. HP 399 Pavilion 15 laptop not updating email

HP 399 Pavilion 15 laptop not updating email: I have a Hewlett Packard 399 Pavilion laptop running Windows 8.1 that has stopped updating my default email account. It is now 53 days since any activity. It will neither send nor receive new emails. I can access my Outlook account using the web browser and my email account...
  6. HP Pavilion Laptop 15: New Laptop Battery Drainage?

HP Pavilion Laptop 15: New Laptop Battery Drainage?: Hello all, Just to give a bit background info regarding this laptop, I got it back in December of 2021 so it has been about 2 months owning this laptop now. This laptop is HP Pavilion Laptop 15.I rarely use it as well, only a couple of times.I would say about 2-3 times in...
  7. HP Pavilion 15 (bc516ns) crashes while gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP Pavilion 15 (bc516ns) crashes while gaming: Hello! I have a HP Pavilion 15-bc516ns, Windows 10 v1909 (18363.900) installed yesterday having previously deleted all and every partition of the SSD. I installed the drivers from HERE (audio, chipset, graphics and network), and after that I connected to internet to let...
  8. HP Pavilion 15 (bc516ns) crashes while gaming

in Windows 10 Support
    HP Pavilion 15 (bc516ns) crashes while gaming: Hello! I have a HP Pavilion 15-bc516ns, Windows 10 v1909 (18363.900) installed yesterday having previously deleted all and every partition of the SSD. I installed the drivers from HERE (audio, chipset, graphics and network), and after that I connected to internet to let...
  9. HP reimagines OMEN 15 laptop and introduces Pavilion Gaming 16

in Windows 10 News
    HP reimagines OMEN 15 laptop and introduces Pavilion Gaming 16: The HP OMEN 15 arrives with its smallest footprint yet with a frame that’s 8% shorter and 11% thinner, featuring a redesigned chassis. A new 180-degree flat hinge design for increased stability supports a 15.6-inch diagonal display with options up to FHD 300 Hz or...
  10. WINDOWS 10 - HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop 15 MAGIC MOUSE 2 SCROLL PROBLEMİ

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WINDOWS 10 - HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop 15 MAGIC MOUSE 2 SCROLL PROBLEMİ: Merhaba; HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop 15 | Windows 10 kullanıcıyım. Magic Mouse 2 kullanıyorum. 3. parti bir uygulama kullanıyordum, ancak deneme süresi dolduktan sonra SCROLL ( aşağı ve yukarı kaydırma ) çalışmamaya başladı. APPLE destek birimi maalesef yardımcı olamadı....