Windows 10: Windows 10 update has killed my Mac Network

Discus and support Windows 10 update has killed my Mac Network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, Last night my windows machine did the most recent windows update and now I can no longer connect to my desktop from my macbook. I use my macbook... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TheNazgul, Sep 30, 2019.

1. TheNazgul Win User

Windows 10 update has killed my Mac Network

Hi,

Last night my windows machine did the most recent windows update and now I can no longer connect to my desktop from my macbook. I use my macbook for work so transferring files is essential. What's weird is that I can connect to my macbook from my desktop so I assume permissions must have changed in windows. I've double checked and everything is ok so somewhere on my desktop it's now stopping my mac from connecting.

Anyone else experiencing this issue, any suggestions?

What's worse is that I can't revert the windows update as I don't have system restore or any back up in place.

Please help *Biggrin

:)

TheNazgul, Sep 30, 2019
  2. Davidk03 Win User

Windows update and killing the network adapter

My update list shows KB4338818 waiting, and the more info lists this update as having an issue which kills the network adapter.

So, why would anyone elect to install this KB knowing it will kill the internet? Right now, for that issue alone, this KB item is not installed on my PC.

There are (manual) workarounds listed, and therefore why hasn't MS embodied them in the KB so this issue just "isn't there"?

Davidk03, Sep 30, 2019
  3. malware Win User
    Apple Mac OS X 10.5.7 Update Released

Good news, Mac users, as it looks like Apple is kicking 10.5.7 update of Mac OS X Leopard. Apple recommends this update to all users running Mac OS X Leopard. This upgrade includes general operating system fixes that enhance the stability, compatibility and security of your Mac. For detailed information on the update, please visit this website here. You can obtain the update from either the Software Update option found in your Apple menu, or from the links below:
    General
    • Includes latest security fixes.
    • Includes additional RAW image support for several third-party cameras.
    • Improves performance of video playback and cursor movements for recent Macs with NVIDIA graphics.
    • Resolves an issue with Dvorak keyboard layout in Mac OS X 10.5.6.
    • Improves the reliability and accuracy of Unit Converter, Stocks, Weather and Movies Dashboard widgets.
    • Addresses a situation that may cause issues when logging into Gmail.
    • Improves reliability when syncing contacts with Yahoo!.
    • Expansion Slot Utility for Mac Pro now reports the correct PCIe slot configuration.
    • Improves network performance when connected to certain Ethernet switches that have Flow Control enabled.
    • Improves stability for network home directories hosted by Mac OS X Server v10.4.
    • Improves Finder search results for network volumes that may not support Spotlight searching, such as Mac OS X Server v10.4, Time Capsule, and third-party AFP servers.
    • Includes several improvements to Directory Service and Client Management, which are described in the About Mac OS X Server 10.5.7 Update article.
    iCal
    • Improves overall reliability with CalDav.
    • Improves reliability when automatically syncing with MobileMe.
    Mail
    • Addresses reliability and sync issues with Notes.
    • Addresses an issue that may cause the BCC field to populate incorrectly when redirecting a message from the Sent mailbox.
    Parental Controls
    • Improves consistency with Parental Controls and application restrictions.
    • Addresses an issue in which time limits may not work properly with full-screen games and Fast User Switching.
    Printing
    • Resolves an issue that may cause certain third-party printers to print to the incorrect paper tray.
    • Non-admin user accounts can now be allowed to add and remove printers by enabling Parental Controls and selecting "Can administer printers".
    • Includes other printing reliability and stability improvements.
    Source: Neowin.net

malware, Sep 30, 2019
  4. Windows 10 update has killed my Mac Network

Seeing a Mac over a network

I made all the changes you suggested, except the computer browser which wasn't on the list. Restarted the PC and still no sign of the Mac on the network in file explorer.

Thanks,

Bob

RobertFredley, Sep 30, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 update has killed my Mac Network

1. Windows 10 update has killed my Mac Network - Similar Threads - update has killed

2. The newest update has killed my PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The newest update has killed my PC: The newest up day has killed my PC I installed and keept getting that windows runner you know that thing that runs the task bar and opens files basically the thing that lets you interact with windows would not load for I tried restoring it and resetting it to default and now...
  3. The newest update has killed my PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The newest update has killed my PC: The newest up day has killed my PC I installed and keept getting that windows runner you know that thing that runs the task bar and opens files basically the thing that lets you interact with windows would not load for I tried restoring it and resetting it to default and now...
  4. Network Mac and Windows

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network Mac and Windows: Hi, sorry for my English, I'm from Barcelona. I think I have correctly configured the network to connect from mac to windows and from windows to mac, however from the mac I connect and enter the folders on the windows. But from the windows I can't get into the folders on the...
  5. Windows 10 update killed wifi network adapter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 update killed wifi network adapter: For context I am running windows 10 via bootcamp. Last Tuesday Windows updated to what im assuming is the 1903 update. Ever since then I have been unable to use my wifi internet connection. The computer establishes the connection and stays connected, the problem is that the...
  6. Windows 10 Pro 1903 killed my network

Windows 10 Pro 1903 killed my network: Unfortunately, I was not aware of the problems with the 1903 update and downloaded it happily on two of my PCs and now my network is broken. They just do not talk and I have tried all the strange and wonderful solutions on the net, I can not backtrack this PC because it is a...
  7. Win 10 update has killed my Wifi and possibly my laptop

Win 10 update has killed my Wifi and possibly my laptop: Hello- I am having trouble with windows 10, after this latest update I cannot connect to known wifi networks. I tried resetting network settings and restarting and this has only made it worse. Now the wifi tray that usually shows a list of networks look like this: [IMG] So...
  8. Windows 10 Pro 1809 Killed My Network

Windows 10 Pro 1809 Killed My Network: Unfortunately, I was unaware of the issues with the 1809 update and blissfully downloaded it on to two of my PC's and now my network is broken. They just won't talk and I've tried every weird and wonderful fix on the net but it's still "No fix"! I can't roll this PC back...
  9. Windows 10 Killed my Network Connections

Windows 10 Killed my Network Connections: Hello, I "upgraded" to Win10 using the Free Upgrade option on 8/8/15. Immediately after starting Win10 I lost my connection to my LAN (TP-Link router) and my Bluetooth USB stick stopped working. I get a unidentified network message that says I have a bad IP address...
  10. anniversary update killed my network

anniversary update killed my network: I had 4 computers talking to each other and a NAS. Then 14393 happened. I have reconfigured, which is always a total confusion. But I have shared drives and folders on the computerS. I finally have the desktop talking to the laptop, but the laptop doesn't have permission to...