Windows 10: windows 10 update has left my dvd (video only) not working

Discus and support windows 10 update has left my dvd (video only) not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My dvd drive reads data fine but will not now play video. Can you help?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Colin J Ewart, Nov 1, 2018.

1. windows 10 update has left my dvd (video only) not working

My dvd drive reads data fine but will not now play video. Can you help?

:)

Colin J Ewart, Nov 1, 2018
  2. Sasqui Win User

Watching DVD Movies on Windows 10 (or not)

I doubt a huge deal to most, but I hate it when they do that! *Shadedshun :shadedshu:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/25/t...h/watching-dvd-movies-on-windows-10.html?_r=0

Sasqui, Nov 9, 2018
  3. Windows 10 dvd player stopped working.

Hi Linda,

• Is the DVD drive not detecting DVD’s or is the drive itself not detected by Windows?
    I suggest you to follow the methods below if the DVD drive is not detected and check.

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + X and click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall the driver

I suggest you to try uninstall the DVD drive drivers check if it works for you. Follow the steps to uninstall the DVD drive drivers:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Right-click on the DVD drive listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Try to access the device manufacturer's website and download and install the latest chipset drivers.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance on the issue above, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Joy Kemprai, Nov 9, 2018
  4. chispy Win User

windows 10 update has left my dvd (video only) not working

Creative X-Fi Soundcards and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 = Complete Disaster / Not Working

Thank you for trying to help , i did tried your suggestion but it did not work :/ , nothing seems to make it work on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709. In the meantime i have bought a new SoundBlasterX AE-5 and it did installed flawlessly , no problems whatsoever. it is up to Creative ( drivers ) and Microsoft ( bug fix ) to fix this huge bugs with Audio.

Kind Regards: Chispy

chispy, Nov 9, 2018
Thema:

windows 10 update has left my dvd (video only) not working

1. windows 10 update has left my dvd (video only) not working - Similar Threads - update has left

2. Touchpad left click not working on Windows only

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad left click not working on Windows only: Hello I'm asking for your help because my left click on the touchpad doesn't work anymore, i'm almost sure it's a software problem and not a hardware one, here is the problem in detail:- I can move the mouse with the tactile part without any problem- The right click physical...
  3. Touchpad left click not working on Windows only

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touchpad left click not working on Windows only: Hello I'm asking for your help because my left click on the touchpad doesn't work anymore, i'm almost sure it's a software problem and not a hardware one, here is the problem in detail:- I can move the mouse with the tactile part without any problem- The right click physical...
  4. Touchpad left click not working on Windows only

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Headphones only working in left ear.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphones only working in left ear.: I have just built myself a brand new pc and I have plugged in my regular headphones that work perfectly fine on other devices and audio is only coming through the left ear. I have checked the balancing and it says that both are fine. The troubleshooter says nothing is wrong,...
  6. Earphones only working on the left side Windows 10

Earphones only working on the left side Windows 10: So I just bought some new earphones and plugged them into my laptop's jack but it was only working on the left side and I had just **** bought them! I tested the earphones out on other devices and they worked fine on both sides! I tried another pair of headphones on the...
  7. Left headphone only working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Left headphone only working: Hey everyone, I have and Xbox XO Four Stealth headset plugged into my computer with a 3 pole to 4 pole jack adapter. My jacks aren't bent or anything nothing is wrong with the wires. Drivers are up to date, my headphone balance is 100 100. my os build is 18362.418 and I...
  8. A recent windows update has stopped my dvd from working

A recent windows update has stopped my dvd from working: A recent windows update has stopped my dvd from working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-recent-windows-update-has-stopped-my-dvd-from/29a798a0-d10b-474b-b3e7-c19a7ebf4252
  9. Since Windows 10 updates my DVD drive is not working

Since Windows 10 updates my DVD drive is not working: Since Windows 10 updates my DVD player is not available. I wish to install software from a Disk. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/since-windows-10-updates-my-dvd-drive-is-not/db7de315-801e-4e34-8970-acfa96b00851
  10. Windows 10 videos not working, only audio.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 videos not working, only audio.: I have just updated from Windows 7 to Windows 10 on my laptop and everything works fine except for videos. When I try to watch a video on Windows Media Player, I get a black screen but the audio of the video works fine. I have been using the VLC player without problems....