Windows 10: Windows 10 update has messed my PC

Discus and support Windows 10 update has messed my PC in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Running a desktop PC with a Gigabyte GA-F2A68HM-HD2 Motherboard - has been running smooth until windows installed an update yesterday. I uninstalled... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by WarrenMarris, Feb 14, 2019.

1. Windows 10 update has messed my PC

Running a desktop PC with a Gigabyte GA-F2A68HM-HD2 Motherboard - has been running smooth until windows installed an update yesterday.

I uninstalled the updates but to no avail. its still not working.

My PC is now seriously slow, my keyboards... both USB and PS2 still wont work... when they do respond, they type random characters - letters wont type at all or type numbers / symbols.... its like my keyboard has become scrambled.

My PC came bundled with Windows 7 and got the free upgrade to Windows 10... and, as has been the style of Microsoft for sometime now, No Disc so formatting - My normal go to in situations such as this with previous Windows OS is not possible.

I really need help here, it takes 10 mins to even bring up the on screen keyboard so i can log in!

:)

WarrenMarris, Feb 14, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 14, 2019
  3. MrGenius Win User
    Microsoft to make Windows 10 updates mandatory

Well, at the moment at least, you can choose to defer upgrades. Under Settings > Windows Updates > Advanced options you need to check the box labeled "Defer upgrades". What does that do? Good question. The answer I've found might illuminate it to a degree.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/defer-upgrades-in-windows-10

I hear this only applies to Pro and Enterprise editions. But I can't verify that.

MrGenius, Feb 14, 2019
  4. DRDNA Win User

Windows 10 update has messed my PC

DRDNA, Feb 14, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 update has messed my PC

1. Windows 10 update has messed my PC - Similar Threads - update has messed

2. A driver update messing with my pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A driver update messing with my pc: A drive updat on my pc down loaded and started to install. It said when the pc restarted the screen would go blank and that maybe you would see some flashes before it finished. It's now been blank and flashing for nearly 30min with no sign of stopping . How do i fix this?...
  3. A driver update messing with my pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A driver update messing with my pc: A drive updat on my pc down loaded and started to install. It said when the pc restarted the screen would go blank and that maybe you would see some flashes before it finished. It's now been blank and flashing for nearly 30min with no sign of stopping . How do i fix this?...
  4. A driver update messing with my pc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows 10 2004 update has messed up my laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 2004 update has messed up my laptop: Hi, I just got an update on my HP Pavilion Gaming laptop. I did update it and after that everything is slow. I have 256GB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD in my laptop. Before the upadte (in 1909) it used to take 5-10 seconds to boot up the laptop. Now it takes 3-5 minutes to boot. Apps...
  6. Update has messed up my computer

Update has messed up my computer: Can't open start menu, settings or anything like that. The way i display my homescreen has changed completely, internet not working and when i restart my computer nothing changes. i updated my computer last night after being prompted and now I just can't do anything on it....
  7. Windows update messed pc

Windows update messed pc: [ATTACH] So i need help asap because the most recent windows 10 update completely messed up my pc and now i cant play games or open any apps. The picture below is the error message I get whenever i start up my pc...
  8. Latest windows update messed my pc!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest windows update messed my pc!: So i got a message from windows asking my to update my pc... saying that my version will stop being supported by October 2019.. 1)after updating i found out that windows no longer had my Ati drivers... 2)Then after 20 minutes or so they reappear!! 3)The same happened...
  9. Windows update messed up my Pc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows update messed up my Pc: Computer put some updates through last night before it shut down. Upon turning it on today it flashed a grey and black screen that said Hi repeatedly for an hour. With no acess to the actual desktop i cant/couldnt do anything but restart it. Now it flashes a gray desktop over...
  10. Newest Windows 10 update messed up my PC.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Newest Windows 10 update messed up my PC.: Hello , i updated my pc yesterday and saw it was like a big update cause it was copying all my files and restarting many times. After the update finished i shut down my pc. The next day turn on my pc and see some visual differences and some problems, first my mouse didnt work...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. does windows update messes your pc

2. the upgrade has messed up my computer. sick of trying to get into windows 10 to see my