Windows 10: windows 10 update has removed the audio device on my dell xps 13 laptop

Discus and support windows 10 update has removed the audio device on my dell xps 13 laptop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; how can I get the sound on my laptop back? the diagnostic tool cannot find an issue... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by volly(2), Oct 12, 2018.

1. volly(2) Win User

windows 10 update has removed the audio device on my dell xps 13 laptop

how can I get the sound on my laptop back? the diagnostic tool cannot find an issue

:)

volly(2), Oct 12, 2018

2. Dell XPS 13 9333 - Windows couldnt not complete the installation, to install windows on this computer, please restart the installation

According to Dell's official Windows 10 Creators Update page, the Dell xps 13 9333 is not listed as tested:

http://www.dell.com/support/article...-to-windows-10-creators-update?lang=en#XPS-NB

You can try a manual upgraded as suggested in my previous reply using the ISO in addition to the 12 steps before upgrading.

Andre Da Costa, Oct 12, 2018
  3. Dell XPS 13 9360 - Audio Crackling When Plugging in Laptop

Hi,

No it is a brand new computer I just got it a few days ago. The only thing I have done on the computer is ran updates, installed Avast! and Google Chrome.

I have not performed any troubleshooting steps thus far. I did do various troubleshooting on my old computer to no avail, such as checking for problems with audio drivers, reinstalling them, switching form RealTek. However, once again, I have not performed
    any troubleshooting on my XPS 13.

My XPS 13 is runnng on Version 1703 (OS Build 15063.726)

nartdragon, Oct 12, 2018
  4. windows 10 update has removed the audio device on my dell xps 13 laptop

Dell XPS 13 9360 - Audio Crackling When Plugging in Laptop

I bought a Dell XPS 13 9360 just a few days ago and just noticed today that if any sort of audio is playing and I plug in the laptop to charge or unplug it, the sound distorts and makes a popping and crackling sound. It makes the same sound if I have earphones
    plugged in. Is this normal, is the charge disrupting the sound? Will this cause any long term problems?

I had a Dell Inspiron 13 a month ago and returned it for the exact same reason because it was doing the same thing.

Why is this occurring, am I just unlucky and I should try to exchange this Dell XPS 13? Because I have only had it for a few days.

nartdragon, Oct 12, 2018
Thema:

windows 10 update has removed the audio device on my dell xps 13 laptop

1. windows 10 update has removed the audio device on my dell xps 13 laptop - Similar Threads - update has removed

2. Windows 11 Issues: My Dell 13-inch XPS has a camera that is not recognized. The audio is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Issues: My Dell 13-inch XPS has a camera that is not recognized. The audio is...: My 13-inch Dell XPS is supposed to be a fantastic laptop. It is running Windows 11 and has never worked properly. I bought it in the US and had to fly out of the country the next day. I've repeatedly tried to get it fixed and, at best, repairs last until the next automatic...
  3. Windows 11 Issues: My Dell 13-inch XPS has a camera that is not recognized. The audio is...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Issues: My Dell 13-inch XPS has a camera that is not recognized. The audio is...: My 13-inch Dell XPS is supposed to be a fantastic laptop. It is running Windows 11 and has never worked properly. I bought it in the US and had to fly out of the country the next day. I've repeatedly tried to get it fixed and, at best, repairs last until the next automatic...
  4. Problem in XPS 13 dell - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problem in XPS 13 dell - Windows 10: Hi, I have a new laptop XPS 139310 of dell, and for some reason there is a graphic problem when using universal docking station I am using windows 10 20H2 version latest version The problem is like that: 1. when doing right on directory for example, and moving the...
  5. Problem in XPS 13 dell

Problem in XPS 13 dell: Hi, I have a new laptop XPS 13 of dell, and for some reason there is a graphic problem when using universal docking station I am using windows 10 20H2 version latest version The problem is like that: 1. when doing right on directory for example, and moving the mouse...
  6. Dell XPS 13 and Windows 10 2004 version

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dell XPS 13 and Windows 10 2004 version: Dell XPS 13 2-in-1 connected to external hub using USB type C produces that the laptop freezes randomly every 5/10 minutes after the installation of Windows 10 2004 upgrade showing the following error on Event viewer related to Intel Iris Plus Graphics: Device...
  7. Why my dell xps 13 laptop crashes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why my dell xps 13 laptop crashes: I have a dell xps 13 laptop running win 10 home. No internet security. No VPN. Updates are automatic. 4 mb ram. My machine freezes 10 to 20 times per day. Sometime it will freeze every 60 to 90 seconds. This renders my laptopworthless. With each update, the freezes get...
  8. Laptop (Dell XPS 13) goes sleeping randomly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop (Dell XPS 13) goes sleeping randomly: My laptop goes sleeping randomly (1). I observed that right before that happens, the Power-LED flashes in yellow color (5 fast flashes). Sometimes when the LEDs flash in that way, I move the mouse to prevent the PC to go to sleep and it appears to work. Because of that...
  9. Keyboard backlighting on Dell XPS 13 series laptop

Keyboard backlighting on Dell XPS 13 series laptop: I just did a Windows 10 update on my laptop and now the back lighting of the keyboard is turned off. How do I turn it back on?...
  10. Dell XPS 13 lost Bluetooth after Dell update

in Windows 10 Support
    Dell XPS 13 lost Bluetooth after Dell update: Hi all, Sorry for this being my first post, but I've run into a Bluetooth problem and cannot seem to get past it. I've got a Dell XPS 13 9333 (the initial one) that has performed well for me with the exception of occasional Bluetooth driver burp. In the past I've been...